Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
I'm kinda surprised that they're updating them now, I figured those would come at the same time as the PS4 releases, but that's cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Does Ys 8 never address how Ricotta ended up on the island in the first place? i was expecting this to be a plot point at some point but i guess she's just there to play the 'raised by wolves' archetype without any further backstory, unless i missed something.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Shipwrecked :shrug:

Falcom says they're going to have a new, not-remake Ys game out by September next year.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Finished Zwei 2.

Very good!! I had to stop playing for various life reasons for a couple weeks towards the end which made remembering where I was/what I was doing a little odd, but overall it was a fun time. I will say that Ys VIII kind of hosed me up a bit playing it because I kept wishing I could flash dodge, the Zwei systems seem a bit limited in terms of mobility after that game.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

lets hang out posted:

Shipwrecked :shrug:

Falcom says they're going to have a new, not-remake Ys game out by September next year.

cool, interested to see where they take the series after 8, i found the 'lost world' setting way more compelling than anything else they've done.

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!
They're probably going to hit up Romun or something

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

This "natively loading modded textures" for Cold Steel PC sounds neat but...how does it work.

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Festival with your real* little sister!

It's here!

Azathoth256
Mar 30, 2010
Now translate it.

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

I'm trying... sort of. I mean, there's only so much I can do not knowing a lick of japanese other than what I've heard from anime, but I had access to kitsune's script and twitch so...

https://www.twitch.tv/thelogicblade/videos/all

Grimthwacker
Aug 7, 2014

OK, I've hit a wall in Trails SC. That fight right outside the Axis Pillar in the Finale, with the Riot Claw and its goddamn healer adds. The only way I can do any real damage to the boss is with S-Crafts, but he keeps calling the drat adds who either heal him before I can debilitate them most of the time, or self destruct and force me to heal, giving them more time to heal the boss, who keeps whittling away everybody's health. In a war of attrition there's no way I can win, but I can't do enough damage to the boss fast enough to end it quickly. It's aggressively bad design and I'm genuinely angry at this point.

My team includes Kloe and Agate; Estelle and Joshua are level 81-82, the others are around 77-78. I just want to finish this already; it's gone on way too long, and I have a whole final dungeon with more bosses.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

can't you just turn on retry offset or whatever it's called? i had to use that on a couple fights in SC though i don't remember getting stuck on that one

Myriad Truths
Oct 13, 2012
I don't remember the fight, but I looked it up, and it seems like Death Scream plus Joshua and Agate's S Crafts should be able to handle the adds and give you room to focus down the boss. I imagine you don't want to get close to them. If you find you can only do damage to the boss with S Crafts, consider using Morale or food to increase STR/ATS. I don't think the solution is to chain damaging S Crafts due to the long delay they have if you don't finish the boss off with them.

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)
- Is Agate armed with the Lion King's Sword? (it's stronger than the one you buy from the shop at the Arseille)

- Does Agate (and Joshua) have a Ruby Gem equipped to raise their strength? You can ditch the defense quartz for them.

- Have you buffed their in-battle strength? Estelle's Morale craft is good if you don't have anything else, but the La Forte, Saint or Zodiac arts are better since they raise strength by 25% instead of 20%.

- If you're still having trouble, go back to the tunnel between the Axis Pillar district and the Industrial district and look for those white squid-monsters. Ambush them by walking into them from behind. If it's just them, flee the battle, wait until the critter stops flickering and get them from behind again. If they're accompanied by shining poms, blast away with Death Scream with Kloe, Joshua and Estelle. If you manage to kill all (or most) of them before they flee, your lower-level characters get 9999 experience and jump up between 5 and 8 levels right there. This is also a great way to level up Zin and Schera if you haven't yet, because if you don't take them to the battles with their Society counterparts, their plot arcs receive no resolution. You meet the enforcers in the same order as you fought them in Chapter 7. And if the lion droid at the entrance gave you trouble, you're unlikely to last long against them.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Those should be good levels for that fight, but if you want some more, go back to the third tunnel section from the entrance in Factoria and look for the first squid enemy. It has a chance to spawn six Shining Poms. You can start the fight, and flee to restart if there are no Poms.

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Nov 24, 2018

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

https://clips.twitch.tv/embed?clip=MoldySmoothSardineKeepo

Grimthwacker
Aug 7, 2014

Erpy posted:

- Is Agate armed with the Lion King's Sword? (it's stronger than the one you buy from the shop at the Arseille)

- Does Agate (and Joshua) have a Ruby Gem equipped to raise their strength? You can ditch the defense quartz for them.

- Have you buffed their in-battle strength? Estelle's Morale craft is good if you don't have anything else, but the La Forte, Saint or Zodiac arts are better since they raise strength by 25% instead of 20%.

- If you're still having trouble, go back to the tunnel between the Axis Pillar district and the Industrial district and look for those white squid-monsters. Ambush them by walking into them from behind. If it's just them, flee the battle, wait until the critter stops flickering and get them from behind again. If they're accompanied by shining poms, blast away with Death Scream with Kloe, Joshua and Estelle. If you manage to kill all (or most) of them before they flee, your lower-level characters get 9999 experience and jump up between 5 and 8 levels right there. This is also a great way to level up Zin and Schera if you haven't yet, because if you don't take them to the battles with their Society counterparts, their plot arcs receive no resolution. You meet the enforcers in the same order as you fought them in Chapter 7. And if the lion droid at the entrance gave you trouble, you're unlikely to last long against them.

Nope, I never got Agate's sword, and I need to rejigger my quartz to get Death Scream - what do you need to get that? Either way it sounds like I'm going to have a rough time with it. Sorry if I sounded frustrated before; I like the game, I really do, but the last couple of chapters have just been draining.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Open your notebook, all the quartz combinations are listed there.

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)
The Lion King's Sword, which both Agate and Mueller can equip, is located in the tunnel between the Cradle residential district and the Factoria Industrial district. (it's the second tunnel dungeon) If you plan to keep using one of them, you should really go and retrieve it because neither of them are worth much with arts so their physicals are all they have.

Death Scream requires 15 Time points, 10 Space points and 10 Mirage points. That seems like a lot, but an Onyx Gem (level 5 Action quartz) gives you 12 Time points right off the bat and you can get enough space and mirage points by equipping Gold and Silver gems. Though equipping Action 4, EP Cut 4 and EP 4 should also give you enough points. You really want top tier quartz on your team for the upcoming boss fights anyway.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

This is fantastic!

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Sen 3 is so ridiculous, and I'm just having a grand ol' time with it. Magic Knights, Cryptids, Enforcers and Stahlritter abound, and just character beat after character beat hitting hard every hour, I'm really enjoying my playthrough of it so far.

New Class 7 rankings thus far
1. Juna (She's the best)
2. Altina (Total sweetheart, must fight for)
3. Musse (Lots of mysteries about her, but she's hilarious and provides some good light hearted ribbing in a game that definitely needs it from time to time.)
4. Ash (Total buttwipe.)
5. Kurt (May as well be a stick in the mud for all the good he does. The only thing interesting about him is his relationship to other characters.)

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Oh no, a gacha I have to play

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I thought TitS already had a gacha

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Yeah but it's in Japanese only (and kinda crummy)

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Terper posted:

Yeah but it's in Japanese only (and kinda crummy)

Well yeah it’s a gacha. They mainly play on how much you love a franchise

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Does anyone know where to find the screenshot of that amazingly bad Crossbell translation screenshot? The one with "irritating illusion" or something like?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

If it's anywhere, it'll be on Geofront. The only one I can find is the updated version where Lloyd says "It's our duty to expose their grim and revolting delusions for what they are," which isn't that bad.

Cyouni
Sep 30, 2014

without love it cannot be seen
Here's one. https://twitter.com/Catasplurge/status/812737040483844096

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

THANK YOU

Grimthwacker
Aug 7, 2014

I think I'm just about to fight Renne in the Axis Pillar. Am I going to handicap myself if I bring Tita along? Her attack power and arts aren't very good, and I guess her crafts are nice for support, but there's the matter of having enough CP to use them.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Grimthwacker posted:

I think I'm just about to fight Renne in the Axis Pillar. Am I going to handicap myself if I bring Tita along? Her attack power and arts aren't very good, and I guess her crafts are nice for support, but there's the matter of having enough CP to use them.

If it helps, Tita only contributes a line or two. Estelle takes center stage in the cutscenes.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

Grimthwacker posted:

What difficulty are you on? The fight is difficult, sure, but it's not so difficult that you can't win if you take Tita. As long as she's keeping up with the rest of the party in levels she should be fine. Just protect against Deathblow and maybe Petrify and you'll probably be okay. Tita is only really a big liability in the next fight because she flat-out doesn't have the HP to survive the next boss's S-Craft even at full health.

If nothing else she can cast some healing arts, I'm sure.

Stabbey_the_Clown fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Dec 2, 2018

Cyouni
Sep 30, 2014

without love it cannot be seen
I used Tita. It was fine.

Also, her healing craft really helped out.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

You can beat the game with any party (without too much difficulty, when on normal). If Tita is underleveled fight one shining pom and she'll catch up.

I beat the game with certified Worst Battle Member, Josette, with absolutely no issue. Sure, she deals less damage than someone like Oliver but it doesn't really mess anything up as long as your strategy isn't to literally damage race the bosses.

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)
Tita's best use in that battle, aside from damaging Renne, is her healing craft whose wide area coverage comes in handy when Renne starts knocking your characters around. A Water Gem should give her Tearal for use on characters who just got hit with hard-hitting single-hit attacks.

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

Just protect against Deathblow and maybe Petrify and you'll probably be okay.

If nothing else she can cast some healing arts, I'm sure.

You don't even need Petrify protection this time, since you'll only need to deal with Renne's big toy. (rather than her little ones)

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

https://www.falcom.co.jp/2019/ New falcom game getting announced in two weeks? Not really getting an Ys vibe from the website so I can't imagine it's that. That's a sick rear end piece of art though.

leather fedora
Jun 27, 2004

The closest acceptable translation is
"die properly"
Oh man, am I glad put CS II on hold until I beat Zero and Azure. I kind of had a feeling something this kind of thing would happen at some point but going back to Crossbell after the final boss battle and seeing all the familiar settings and characters with fancy new graphics and redone music was utterly fantastic. Cao's voice is way different compared to the JP version, but everything else so far made the wait worthwhile.

Whoever said Zero/Azure spoils more of CS I/II was right though. Since I beat CS I first, I first learned Osborne was alive from Azure, whereas II barely had a few lines of foreshadowing about it until the reveal. Interesting storytelling choices to be sure.

The Doomhammer
Feb 14, 2010

Oh hey, the Sen IV ost is out on itunes and spotify for anyone interested. Haven't really seen it mentioned anywhere.

SouljaBoyVEVO
May 19, 2018

From the Ghastly Eyrie, I can see to the ends of the world, and from this vantage point, I declare, with UTTER CERTAINTY, that THIS one is IN. THE BAG.
I finally beat Ao today after having started both Zero and Ao in March. What a ride. I still hold that the Sky arc is my favorite, but one of the most incredible aspects of playing each arc is seeing recurring characters and how the stories weave together and never "really" end. I didn't like (Final Bad Guy spoilers) the Mariabell switch too much, and the Lawyer Ian reveal was probably the weakest aspect of the entire series for me so far but even the weakest parts of Kiseki are a treasure to experience for the first time. Now just to join everyone else in the CS3/4 when??? corner.

It's also funny, because when I first started Zero I thought the music was bland and unmemorable. Now Crossbell has the best music in the series in my opinion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Every time someone posts about playing Crossbell I get more and more jealous.