Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
There is the Kia SUV or whatever where the loving turn signals are down low on the rear bumper

edit: This. Who the gently caress thought putting the turn signals down that low and away from the traditional light cluster was a smart idea? The white things are the turn signals that blink amber.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bennyfactor
Nov 21, 2008

BlackMK4 posted:

There is the Kia SUV or whatever where the loving turn signals are down low on the rear bumper

edit: This. Who the gently caress thought putting the turn signals down that low and away from the traditional light cluster was a smart idea? The white things are the turn signals that blink amber.

Some years of the Discovery II had the reverse lights down low and the turn signals up high, and others had it the other way round. I think they were trying to copy the look of the Volvo 850 wagon and didn't do a great job of it in that case (the Disco I had more sensible tail light placement)

Only registered members can see post attachments!

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

Thief posted:

for some reason this doesn't bother me at all but i genuinely hate cars that turn their reverse lights on when parked

I've only noticed GM vehicles doing this, are there other brands that do? It's super dumb.

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.

bennyfactor posted:

Some years of the Discovery II had the reverse lights down low and the turn signals up high, and others had it the other way round. I think they were trying to copy the look of the Volvo 850 wagon and didn't do a great job of it in that case (the Disco I had more sensible tail light placement)

The high type gets blocked by the spare tyre from some angles which is why it isn’t allowed in some countries.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

DropShadow posted:

I've only noticed GM vehicles doing this, are there other brands that do? It's super dumb.

The second gen Lexus GS was the first car I remember having that feature. I gather it made more sense in the JDM car, with the red e-brake indicator taking up one side. It's always nice when the owner has replaced the bulbs with leds. Assholes.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)

Powershift posted:

The worst tail lights i've seen are probably on the nissan titan XDs

There's a big red area, and a big clear area, so naturally both the brake lights and signal lights are blazing red LEDs in the clear part.
Yeah, that's way worse than the aussie version. In our navara the brake light is on top, then a clear indicator (with orange bulb), then rev light, then red reflector and the useless wrap around red lense around the side.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Oh for god sakes. AUS bitching about tailights. Every living creature wants to kill you.

Well, I guess the tail lights makes sense now...

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

DropShadow posted:

Thankfully in some newer GM vehicles you can switch that poo poo off. I switched it off on the Volt and would be good with a software update that permanently locks it out, because it’s a poo poo-tier idea.

“Hey, let’s take the universal signal for ‘watch out, I’m driving with extremely limited visibility’ and use it for our courtesy lights in parking lots!”

Vanagoon
Jan 20, 2008

Best Dead Gay Forums
on the whole Internet!

Colostomy Bag posted:

Oh for god sakes. AUS bitching about tailights. Every living creature wants to kill you.

Well, I guess the tail lights makes sense now...

Except the Quokka, which just wants to take a selfie with you.

charliemonster42
Sep 14, 2005

Powershift posted:

The worst tail lights i've seen are probably on the nissan titan XDs

There's a big red area, and a big clear area, so naturally both the brake lights and signal lights are blazing red LEDs in the clear part.

"Nissan, the Chrysler of Japan!"

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

To be fair I doubt that any JDM nissan customer ever bought one of their bro trucks.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Does it come with rope and a harness so you can safely climb up to the engine bay?

MrOnBicycle
Jan 18, 2008
Wait wat?

xzzy posted:

Does it come with rope and a harness so you can safely climb up to the engine bay?

Don't worry, surely Sherpas are included.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

hopefully this does for Bro-trucks what the Edsel did for Chrome.

edit: gently caress me that grill is like a Mandelbrot of ugly

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

edit: Should add I'm bad judge on truck styling...but egads.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The cherry on top is the awkward Z71 badge.

Someone forgot to design a spot for it, so they just wedged it into a gap between the holes of their connect 4 game board.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Colostomy Bag posted:

Goddamn that looks like poo poo

netwerk23
Aug 22, 2000
I spelled 'network' wrong.

xzzy posted:

Or use a special ladder.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

"trucks are great because there's so much room in the engine bay to work on poo poo"

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Do they make a model with a cutout for a beer gut?

Asking for a friend.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

xzzy posted:

Do they make a model with a cutout for a beer gut?

Asking for a friend.

Prior art:

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Finger Prince posted:

"trucks are great because there's so much room in the engine bay to work on poo poo"

Oh there is plenty of room when you take the cab off. Which is usually step one when doing anything serious.

MikeyTsi
Jan 11, 2009

xzzy posted:

Like anyone that buys one of those is ever going to intentionally pop the hood on it.

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Quick and dirty, but theres so much extra loving truck. I got rid of the extra grill and lowered it a little to vastly increase front sight line and engine bay access.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

The funny thing about it all is that owners of goose neck trailers bitch about the height of the bed.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

um excuse me posted:

Quick and dirty, but theres so much extra loving truck. I got rid of the extra grill and lowered it a little to vastly increase front sight line and engine bay access.

Thats... still pretty ugly. I can hear it saying "Baby Ruth!"

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
imagine getting paid salary to design what took this goon but a few moments in photoshop to improve upon exponentially

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Powershift will fix it!

Yup, lookin good.

For real though

When do i get my check, GM?

Powershift fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Dec 4, 2018

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

MrOnBicycle posted:

Don't worry, surely Sherpas are included.

They better be, for what they charge for these monstrosities.

Colostomy Bag posted:

Concur. Good God that's ugly, and I *hate* signals above the headlights, and the fact that they have to do so, because they made it so bloody tall.

um excuse me posted:

Wow, that helps a lot.

Powershift posted:

Powershift will fix it!

Yup, lookin good.

:thumbsup:

quote:

For real though

When do i get my check, GM?

And that a lot more.
I think you basically just moved the front bumper up, right? I've noticed that most of the current trucks have a super long face because they have to keep the bumper height low for crash safety (for other cars...) but still made the trucks ridiculously tall.

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Nocheez posted:

Thats... still pretty ugly. I can hear it saying "Baby Ruth!"

Form over function is what got us here in the first place. I wanted to lower the whole hip line but :effort:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Darchangel posted:

And that a lot more.
I think you basically just moved the front bumper up, right? I've noticed that most of the current trucks have a super long face because they have to keep the bumper height low for crash safety (for other cars...) but still made the trucks ridiculously tall.

Ford had this solved in 1999. 4x4 f250s got a "Crash bar" bolted underneath the frame.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Powershift posted:

Ford had this solved in 1999. 4x4 f250s got a "Crash bar" bolted underneath the frame.

It's like a Mansfield bar, but smaller. Manchildsfield.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Darchangel posted:

And that a lot more.

A lot of it is for aero, especially the huge air dam on the Colorado.

ChunksNensja
Sep 29, 2004

When in doubt, power it out.

Dread it. Run from it. DPF failure arrives all the same

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

Clip on truck mustache

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

thanos_truck.jpg

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

What the hell does that say on the windshield? The Resporator?

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Olympic Mathlete posted:

thanos_truck.jpg

hahah yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JBark
Jun 27, 2000
Good passwords are a good idea.

Vanagoon posted:

Except the Quokka, which just wants to take a selfie with you.

Can't even trust quokkas, my daughter had a chunk taken out of her nose when one bit her in the face. She was less than impressed.