Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

jit bull transpile posted:

is it only images? or will they fall down the YouTube rabbit hole of any queer discussion being adult content?

they already have accidentally banned lgbt content

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Improbable Lobster posted:

they already have accidentally banned lgbt content

"accidentally"

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

"You can see how they go from being so sweet to tearing your face off,
just like that,
and it's amazing to have that range."

Thunderdome Exclusive

Pollyanna posted:

i'm not ace cause i'm definitely into women but i'm also not really inclined to go for a relationship or FWB or something right now, partly because it's stressful, partly because i have no idea how to do it, partly because i have 0 confidence and am a huge loving goon

it's also something i just wanna avoid, so i guess volcel?????????????

it’s also ok to be busy and or not have time for a relationship. i do think being ace is real and i have some ace friends but i have met specific people who i would say aren’t so much a* as much as having a confluence of other issues that put you in the same headspace such as dysmorphia, incorrect psych meds, lots of crippling social anxiety. obviously i don’t get to make that call but that’s just from my perspective.

pollyanna i’ve met you and you’re great but you’re also busy doing a bunch of poo poo and just trying to live life and pay your gas bill and stuff. someday you’ll maybe want to be in some kind of relationship but right now i think you’re doing the right thing just trying to handle your day to day

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Casual Encountess posted:

it’s also ok to be busy and or not have time for a relationship. i do think being ace is real and i have some ace friends but i have met specific people who i would say aren’t so much a* as much as having a confluence of other issues that put you in the same headspace such as dysmorphia, incorrect psych meds, lots of crippling social anxiety. obviously i don’t get to make that call but that’s just from my perspective.

pollyanna i’ve met you and you’re great but you’re also busy doing a bunch of poo poo and just trying to live life and pay your gas bill and stuff. someday you’ll maybe want to be in some kind of relationship but right now i think you’re doing the right thing just trying to handle your day to day

yeah thats the other part of it, i got poo poo to do :negative: at the end of the day i wanna veg the gently caress out with my Cool Apartment Heating and theres not much dating opportunity in that

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

loving capitalism

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I got cats and they're much better company than most dates I've had on average.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
being married means never watching speed runs alone

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Is that marriage or a shared quarantine?

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Fatty Crabcakes posted:

Is that marriage or a shared quarantine?

gently caress off

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Sorry, I just don't understand the appeal of speed running.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Fatty Crabcakes posted:

Sorry, I just don't understand the appeal of speed running.

I don't understand a poster with your rap sheet Kramering into this thread to take a shot

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Kramering in? I've been posting in this thread since it was two days old and the only remarkably objectionable thing in my rap sheet over ten years is the very next line from A Fairytale of New York.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

who's name change are you? because the thing I notice in your rap sheet is you throwing around the word "human being"

I'm getting pms saying I'm going off half cocked and that may be true because I'm in a lot of percocet post surgery. sorry if km making a grave injury out of an intended friendly jab

The MUMPSorceress fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Dec 4, 2018

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

being married means never watching speed runs alone

or in my case never watching 30 minute videos about super mario 64's guts alone

not married but close enough

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Zamujasa posted:

or in my case never watching 30 minute videos about super mario 64's guts alone

not married but close enough

I love half a press guy

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
the way-too-deep-into-retro-game-nerd-poo poo part of youtube is my bread and butter. i love it dearly

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

who's name change are you? because the thing I notice in your rap sheet is you throwing around the word "human being"

PEPPERONI ON THE WALLS

Also, this is the chain of posts that was in response to:

Once someone figured out that it was a reference to the song, the probe was reversed.\

I'm getting pms saying I'm going off half cocked and that may be true because I'm in a lot of percocet post surgery. sorry if km making a grave injury out of an intended friendly jab
Perfectly understandable and I know how that post looks out of context and even in context so no big whoop.

Ellie Crabcakes fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Dec 4, 2018

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Fatty Crabcakes posted:

PEPPERONI ON THE WALLS

Also, this is the chain of posts that was in response to:

Once someone figured out that it was a reference to the song, the probe was reversed.\
Perfectly understandable and I know how that post looks out of context and even in context so no big whoop.

OK ya sorry. one day in gonna have a normal week I swear

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Zamujasa posted:

the way-too-deep-into-retro-game-nerd-poo poo part of youtube is my bread and butter. i love it dearly

I love that kind of stuff but it's hard to find you tubers who won't randomly throw in phobic jokes for no reason. ggers and retro YouTube overlap too much.

if you like speed runs Summoning Salts record history videos are great

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

OK ya sorry. one day in gonna have a normal week I swear
No sorries necessary. And I've just about given up on telling myself that, so I understand if you never get there either.

trashy owl
Aug 23, 2017

on the topic of retro games and speedruns i will be a grandpoobear fangirl for life

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

honestly with what has been "normal" in the last year or two I'd personally take a solidly abnormal week.

I find speed runs both amazing and infuriating. I'll get excited about seeing how they plan to handle a pain in the rear end boss or section and then they sequence break past the whole drat thing. the Metroid Prime series in particular is bad about that.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Shifty Pony posted:

I find speed runs both amazing and infuriating. I'll get excited about seeing how they plan to handle a pain in the rear end boss or section and then they sequence break past the whole drat thing. the Metroid Prime series in particular is bad about that.
Look for 100% runs :)

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

I love that kind of stuff but it's hard to find you tubers who won't randomly throw in phobic jokes for no reason. ggers and retro YouTube overlap too much.

i've been enjoying this sort of stuff
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXq5FBKxY5c

idk if this guy has dropped any transphobic jokes lately is that kind of phobic joke dropper but he uses one of those headmounted cams sometimes and those are real annoying. also lots of ads

(e: implied that this guy had at some point. i don't remember/don't think so since he's not a """gamer""")

Zamujasa fucked around with this message at 08:21 on Dec 5, 2018

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen
I'm a fan of vids showing basic mario maker entities being used as logic primitives for the construction of intricate contraptions, such as:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSMNljY9jAk

gotta love designing things in terms of "double wiggler triggers" and "clowncar randomizers".

ynohtna fucked around with this message at 12:57 on Dec 5, 2018

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

The body exists only to verify one's own existence.

Taco Defender
my grey-aro heart is in love with someone. i haven't felt like this since i met my now former-wife (we're still friends :unsmith:)

she managed to figure out the right button order for me to completely fall for her

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Paging Jit Bull Transphile:
https://twitter.com/strqueercast/status/1070356696617373697

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

sadly I'm not in Madison anymore but it's nice to see that scene getting some attention.

also it's transpile, I ain't no chaser!

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

"You can see how they go from being so sweet to tearing your face off,
just like that,
and it's amazing to have that range."

Thunderdome Exclusive

i’m organizing a queer roller hockey league in my city and i have a bunch of derby girls who are stoked to join up in the spring. i don’t hate derby but it’s not entirely my scene. i think they’re going to crush it tho

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Self-love is important, jit

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

sadly I'm not in Madison anymore but it's nice to see that scene getting some attention.

Oops, sorry about the name! But I figured you'd enjoy that!

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

Related, if y'all's aren't listening to Emily's band you need to rectify that: https://damseltrash.bandcamp.com

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

cw: nazi garbage
Does anyone have any resources or advice on how to deal with removing a nazi adjacent who talked about "detecting and eradicating the gay gene" at work, like should I go straight to HR? I don't know how my boss would react and I don't want to sit on this.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Poniard posted:

Does anyone have any resources or advice on how to deal with removing a nazi adjacent who talked about "detecting and eradicating the gay gene" at work, like should I go straight to HR? I don't know how my boss would react and I don't want to sit on this.

i'd go straight to hr

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

OldAlias posted:

that is a cursed word, even if it is descriptive I am not sure you want to self identify as that

volcel is extremely blessed and powerful, it's incel that's cursed

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Zamujasa posted:

if you don't know what this is, ace = asexual,

Ohhh, thank you :)

Doctor Yiff
Jan 2, 2008

starting to get all my poo poo in order for bottom surgery and holy hell is this an overwhelming process with a ton of inertia to overcome

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Improbable Lobster posted:

i'd go straight to hr

if I lived in a state that had laws protecting sexual orientation I'd probably first hit up a lawyer for a consultation as to what to try and document to make sure that HR doesn't sweep things under a rug.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Poniard posted:

this is what hr is for