Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

I just watched all of this show and it is really good, season 2 is probably my favorite so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enderzero
Jun 19, 2001

The snowflake button makes it
cold cold cold
Set temperature makes it
hold hold hold

FELD1 posted:

I guess that kind of thinking comes off as over-entitled to me. If they want to spread out the airing a little bit, that's fine.

Absolutely. But showing 7 episodes, taking a week off for thanksgiving, then another week off for no reason, then airing one episode, and then waiting until January to air the rest is ridiculous. It's a heavily serialized show. Just move up the premiere date one week instead of a 2 week delay for an episode that a bunch of people are going to miss and be confused about.

thanks alot assbag
Feb 18, 2005

BLUUUUHHHHHH

Enderzero posted:

Absolutely. But showing 7 episodes, taking a week off for thanksgiving, then another week off for no reason, then airing one episode, and then waiting until January to air the rest is ridiculous. It's a heavily serialized show. Just move up the premiere date one week instead of a 2 week delay for an episode that a bunch of people are going to miss and be confused about.

God help you if you ever start watching Steven Universe

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

thanks alot assbag posted:

Try being a Gravity Falls fan

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

The last season of Luther was cool. Two whole episodes.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
In The Medium place they show all the best TV shows and cartoons, but it's always December.

BTW I just realised something clever about the Roast in season 2: Michael fed Chidi with a knock knock joke - a call and response joke. He was highlighting the fact that Chidi died alone by employing a joke that he would have found it impossible to enjoy in life due to not having friends to complete it with.

BioEnchanted fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Nov 30, 2018

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014
Fun Shoe

thanks alot assbag posted:

Rarity posted:

Try being a Gravity Falls fan

(ahem) [points to avatar]

Venture Bros., for the win.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

tarlibone posted:

When I was around 25 I gave up watching Venture Brothers as the episodes came out because of all their silly delays and decided I'd just watch the whole thing whenever they finished it.

I'm almost 40, never watched the rest. They've made like what, 80 episodes in nearly 15 years? Who could care anymore.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

1glitch0 posted:

When I was around 25 I gave up watching Venture Brothers as the episodes came out because of all their silly delays and decided I'd just watch the whole thing whenever they finished it.

I'm almost 40, never watched the rest. They've made like what, 80 episodes in nearly 15 years? Who could care anymore.

It's a good show. Also, the show only had one premiered episodes fifteen years ago, and that was the pilot. It didn't actually premiere until 2004, and was only on break for about a year and a half until season two.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

tarlibone posted:

As a fan of both Venture Bros and Steven Universe, SU is way worse. At least I know roughly how long the breaks will be with VB, and why they are occurring.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Steven Universe has gone from a show I loved to one I barely ever remember exists and it's really sad because it's purely because if its insane schedule

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

1glitch0 posted:

To be fair to the Venture Brothers, the delays tend to be between seasons, I'm pretty sure that once a season starts to air, all the episodes are in the can and there aren't any random skipped weeks.

It's also not a show that's going to benefit much from waiting to watch till they finish it -- the serial elements are pretty minor and the season finales aren't usually cliffhangers you're waiting on. Most of the episodes are standalone stories, so it's not like waiting till Better Caul Saul or something like that finishes up. It's not "who could care anymore", it's just that every few years there's a well-crafted artisanal cartoon that airs for a few months.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

The last two season of The Venture Bros have been pretty serialized and had they not hosed counting, season 6 would have landed on one HELL of a cliffhanger.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

bull3964 posted:

The last two season of The Venture Bros have been pretty serialized and had they not hosed counting, season 6 would have landed on one HELL of a cliffhanger.

I know what you mean, but in the context of "waiting for the show to finish", there isn't a major overarching story that leaves you super impatient between seasons where the delays actually happen. You can watch season 5 as it comes out and then you're not stuck waiting three years till season 6 to find out if Tuco kills Walt and Jesse. (I could be wrong, but I also think the "planned" end of season 6 was at the end of that storyline and wouldn't have been a cliffhanger.)

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

The planned end of the season would have been the first two episodes of the Blue Morpho trilogy ending with the discovery of Jonas in the problem light. It was because they burned two episodes of their order with All This and Gargantua-2 that they were pushed to season 7.

That cliffhanger would have been maddening.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

So is VB worth all this insane hassle?

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014
Fun Shoe

Strom Cuzewon posted:

Yes.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
With the caveat that the early seasons haven't aged particularly well and it takes a bit to get going.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I hadn't watched any of this season until last night because we promised to watch it all with a friend who's been busy. Got through the first 4 episodes, poo poo is good. Everyone said it was the best season yet, which everyone said for season 2. Show just keeps getting better, keeps upending the premise each season and never gets stale. The good place is weird because it manages to be this really light hearted accessible joke filled sitcom, darkly philosophical and cynical, thought provoking, and hopeful and feel good all at the same time.

When whats his butt head demon demanded horrible soul crushing music and Brian Adams came on all us Canadians just lost it, so good.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Strom Cuzewon posted:

The first couple seasons were good, but I'll let you know if the series was worth it when I'm 65 or so.

Phenotype posted:

To be fair to the Venture Brothers, the delays tend to be between seasons, I'm pretty sure that once a season starts to air, all the episodes are in the can and there aren't any random skipped weeks.

It's also not a show that's going to benefit much from waiting to watch till they finish it -- the serial elements are pretty minor and the season finales aren't usually cliffhangers you're waiting on. Most of the episodes are standalone stories, so it's not like waiting till Better Caul Saul or something like that finishes up. It's not "who could care anymore", it's just that every few years there's a well-crafted artisanal cartoon that airs for a few months.

It's mostly I'd forget some of the side characters and some of the running jokes. Especially these days I binge watch almost everything. Always Sunny and The Good Place are the only things I watch week to week. I'd rather just wait for another 20 years and have a nice fun 3 day marathon 120 episodes of VB.

1glitch0 fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Dec 1, 2018

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
I gave in to months of wife-badgering and binged Seasons 1 and 2. She was correct, it's very good and I was very wrong. Can someone please point me to the Season 2 thread so I can catch up?

lifts cats over head
Jan 17, 2003

Antagonist: A bad man who drops things from the windows.

FistEnergy posted:

I gave in to months of wife-badgering and binged Seasons 1 and 2. She was correct, it's very good and I was very wrong. Can someone please point me to the Season 2 thread so I can catch up?

The season 2 thread is located in the dot of the "I" in Jeremy Bearimy.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

lifts cats over head posted:

The season 2 thread is located in the dot of the "I" in Jeremy Bearimy.

points to a squiggle:

"that's my birthday :)"

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:

FistEnergy posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3834903

And have S1 too

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3790027

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

GOOD NEWS

https://twitter.com/nbcthegoodplace/status/1070068242687750144

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Fork yes.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

on the one hand: amazeballs. On the other hand, the twitter handle is another sign that megan amram is spreading.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

double nine posted:

on the one hand: amazeballs. On the other hand, the twitter handle is another sign that megan amram is spreading.

The amram is coming from inside the Twitter

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Yes!

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
I'm as happy as anybody, but was there much of a question about getting renewed for season 4?

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Everyone involved in this show seems really nice and cool.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Propaganda Machine posted:

I'm as happy as anybody, but was there much of a question about getting renewed for season 4?

Probably not given nbc's commitment to Schur, but network's make dumb decisions about programming all the time.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
The show does have the handicap of having to compete against American handball for viewers.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
rip Pushing Daisies

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014
Fun Shoe

flatluigi posted:

rip Pushing Daisies

Oh God, yes. I wasn't one for really stylized shows before I saw this, and I didn't even find out about the show until midway through their last season, and every single episode was just amazing. It was a giant "gently caress you!" to anyone who ever said that you can't be both artsy and sublimely entertaining.

Too perfect for this world.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

WhiteHowler posted:

It's exactly this. They want to show episodes when more people will watch them. I can't really fault the networks for that, even though it sucks having to wait.

Americans are weird and only want to watch football between Thanksgiving and January.

I don't really understand that as an argument since for shows like this not many people are actually watching it live.
But it's on Netflix here anyway, so "when people will watch it" feels like a nonsense, it's there to watch always. Just put the whole thing up when it's available thanks.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
As much as I like Pushing Daisies, two seasons was enough, I don't think it could have sustained a third one.

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller

Oasx posted:

As much as I like Pushing Daisies, two seasons was enough, I don't think it could have sustained a third one.

I hear they tried to renew the show a second time but that just killed it.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
If Pushing Daisies stuck around longer, Bryan Fuller would have exited as showrunner. It's what he do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Oasx posted:

i think it could've kept up a third season especially if they knew it would've been the last season

the 'we were in post-production when we found out we were cancelled' minute thirty wrapup at the last episode was way less than the show deserved