Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

beep by grandpa posted:

Wait

Only the launch PS4s have those lovely "touch" power/eject disc buttons and all the revisions that have physical, pressable buttons?????????????

Same with the Xbox

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Far Cry 5: Blooder Dragon

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
it's battle royale with fc5 assets right

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

haveblue posted:

Far Cry 5: Blooder Dragon

I'd take another Blood Dragon, that poo poo was dope!

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Oh my loving god

This has broken me. I HATE those things in every stupid electronic device they're on. You know how many times I've accidentally turned the stupid thing on when I was trying to pull plugs out from the back to pack it up to take somewhere? Everyone is right. Being an early adopter SUCKS (I got my ps4 when MGS GZ launched).

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Over There posted:

Same with the Xbox

This was way worse on the XB1 since it was a big bright shiny thing begging to be touched by children and pets and would immediately turn off your game.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I am, what the kids call, "buttmad" about this.

Cannot tell you how much I despise Touch surfaces to power on/interact with electronic devices.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

beep by grandpa posted:

I am, what the kids call, "buttmad" about this.

Cannot tell you how much I despise Touch surfaces to power on/interact with electronic devices.

Trade in your PS4 for a sleek and sexy newer model.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

BisterdDave posted:

I'd take another Blood Dragon, that poo poo was dope!

Trials of the Blood Dragon was trash, though.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

univbee posted:

Trade in your PS4 for a sleek and sexy newer model.

Ok I'm gonna.

And then I'm gonna gently caress it without the constant fear of BEEEEEEEEP *fans spinning up, white lights shimmering, red phones ringing in a bunker somewhere*

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

BisterdDave posted:

https://youtu.be/KKseXjx_668

Looks like a new(?) Far Cry game will be revealed tomorrow. The setting looks like it might pull assets from FC5, but that weapon at the end looks awesome!

Edit: according to Jason Schreier, it's a post-apocalyptic spinoff.

Hmm gently caress it I’m down. I really enjoyed FC5 even though I never beat it. The environments and gameplay were really good. I liked a lot about the story but it was handled and paced really weird.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
even though the tiny buttons suck I wish the PS4 slim looked exactly like the launch PS4 but smaller. That thing looked so nice.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

omg GOAT Easter egg in Just Cause 4

https://youtu.be/cyT6Mwz9sps

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Kilometers Davis posted:

Hmm gently caress it I’m down. I really enjoyed FC5 even though I never beat it. The environments and gameplay were really good. I liked a lot about the story but it was handled and paced really weird.

I thought I was done with ubisofts big open world map checklist games. I enjoyed a lot of the Assassins Creed games, and loved FC3 and Blood Dragon, but I just kind of burned myself out on them. I was excited for FC4 and got maybe three quarters of the way through the game and just stopped. Havent bothered buying FC5 or any of the last... probably 3 AC games? Maybe 4?

But man I am a sucker for that sort of 1980s post apocalyptic setting (as in the apocalypse evisioned in things like Mad Max, Salute of the Jugger and so on), and if this is FarCry: Mad Max Does Montana, I will be sorely loving tempted. Especially if it comes out before Rage 2. Asset reuse wouldnt bother me much either because I never played the game they will be reusing assets from.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
Far Cry
Far Cry: Instincts
Far Cry: Instincts - Evolution
Far Cry: Vengeance
Far Cry 2
Far Cry 3
Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon
Far Cry 4
Far Cry: Primal
Far Cry 5

I'm hoping the official title of the new one is just The New Far Cry.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Far Cry 76.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Fc5 was fun.

Fc5 dlc was phoned in trash garbage. Even the Mars dlc which could have done super fun wacky stuff with the gun literally just skinned basic assault rifles and shotguns with blue energy bullets and called it a day.

I expected some campie blood dragon poo poo. Nope.

Gonna have to be some good previews for my to buy into fc76

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

All 3 Persona dancing games are good but it's pretty insane that 3 and 5 are $60 each. The Amazon price error for 3, 4, 5 should have been regular MSRP.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
why the gently caress do they keep making these serious far cry games that i havent played since the original on the pc eons ago and not more of the amazing blood dragon. whens blood dragon III - vietnam war 2, out goddamnit.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Gravy Jones posted:

Someone at work wrapping christmas presents and I spotted a PS4 cover out the corner of my eye so asked what they'd got.

Them: Star Wars Battlefront 2 for my nephew... he likes Star Wars and has a playstation so I hope he likes this
Me: :whitewater:

I just got the game last week because it was 10 bucks and it's surprisingly decent. It has some problems but I'm having fun with it.

There's no lootbox poo poo anymore, btw. Just a kinda stupid progression system.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

I got BF2 as a stocking stuffer for a few people. It's shooty shooty star wars, has a single player campaign, and somewhat serviceable multiplayer we can maybe play together so :shrug:

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM

beep by grandpa posted:

Wait

Only the launch PS4s have those lovely "touch" power/eject disc buttons and all the revisions that have physical, pressable buttons?????????????

Not sure what the PsPro has, but yeah the slim ps4 got rid of the touch buttons.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

Not sure what the PsPro has, but yeah the slim ps4 got rid of the touch buttons.

They all have physical buttons except the launch SKU for 2013-2014 and maybe some of 2015.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
yeah but they are loving tiny and you cant seem them in the dark, the ps4 slim buttons.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The buttons on the Pro are ridiculous, I haven't a loving clue which is which

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

BisterdDave posted:

Edit: according to Jason Schreier, it's a post-apocalyptic spinoff.

Considering how 5 ended this could be a direct sequel.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

My tv replaced the capacitive touch buttons on older models with a single large button. Long press to confirm, short press to cycle options.

I wish i had those vile capacitive buttons back i cant believe it

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

It took me years to remember the bottom ps4 button ejects the disc...it just seems, way, way more natural to me the other way around...I mean, on the original ps1 and slim ps2 where did you load the freakin disc from?? What sense/logic does it make to reverse that :wtc:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I've never had a problem with the touch buttons but I don't really want them either.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

I'm all-digital and use a DS4 to turn my PS4 on/off. Here on the astral plane I have no need or concern for "buttons"

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

^^^ yup!

RBA Starblade posted:

I've never had a problem with the touch buttons but I don't really want them either.

They are just a pointless silly extra failure point. Especially with smartlink and digital libraries, the amount of time you spend pressing buttons on the front panel is really minimal. 'Hidden' physical button is correct (though the pro are too hidden) you should see them when you get close

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

you can ejects discs from the main ps4 menu with the ds4 pad. also my discs that i own will live forever with me in my grave, unlike those licenses to be "allowed" to play things. :colbert:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Blu-ray's will probably degrade into uselessness in about 25 years so not really

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I got my original PS4 new in mid-2015 and it had those awful touch buttons

Luceo
Apr 29, 2003

As predicted in the Bible. :cheers:

Sakurazuka posted:

Blu-ray's will probably degrade into uselessness in about 25 years so not really

I have burned CD-Rs from 20 years ago that still work, are BDRs worse somehow?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
there's a reason actual archival storage is still done with magnetic cassettes

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Sakurazuka posted:

Same but for my own body.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Sakurazuka posted:

my 90's cd-roms still work fine, friend.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Luceo posted:

I have burned CD-Rs from 20 years ago that still work, are BDRs worse somehow?

Lucky, most of mine stopped working after about ten minutes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Sounds like you just bought some bad discs once