Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rainer516
Jan 22, 2005

American Hero

Mormon Star Wars posted:

Tried to send an invite, but it said "Account not found." Think you are just offline? I'll try again tomorrow.

edit: send me a /tell on @madhabmatics

Oh, I had the invite in my inbox as soon as I logged on. I’m surprised the guild only has 4 other members. We need to get more EU folks playing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

Time to let the dead be dead.
Presumably it’s because the advice in this thread has mostly been “join the NA guild, EU one is dead”

JadaX
Nov 25, 2008
I would have/should have joined the EU server, but I can't be bothered leveling all over again. And then finding decent guilds is a pain. Farming trials for gear is also not fun.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
So I'm new to queuing for dungeons so I have no idea what the gently caress just happened. I queued for Blackheart Haven to farm bone pirate, and when I finally got in my group ported to fungal grotto. Why would you do that, exactly?

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

Time to let the dead be dead.

Starshark posted:

So I'm new to queuing for dungeons so I have no idea what the gently caress just happened. I queued for Blackheart Haven to farm bone pirate, and when I finally got in my group ported to fungal grotto. Why would you do that, exactly?

The event right now gives a reward box for completing a random dungeon. Porting to a different dungeon after you queue into the random still lets you get the box, so the people you were with ported to the fastest one to do so they could get the box more quickly.

If you want to farm, wait till the event is over I guess.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Oceanbound posted:

The event right now gives a reward box for completing a random dungeon. Porting to a different dungeon after you queue into the random still lets you get the box, so the people you were with ported to the fastest one to do so they could get the box more quickly.

If you want to farm, wait till the event is over I guess.

Good idea, will do.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

If by any chance you have 16 crown gems, the Scholar personality's on the gem store for like two more days and I almost missed it. I need all the neat personalities.

Mr. Carrier Pigeon
Aug 22, 2013

Those birds certainly know what they're doin'!
Starshark, if you ever need someone to farm some BP with you hit me up in game @thefloobyest. I want BP weapons so gimme those and literally anything else is yours.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Free event starting on the 6th, apparently. Either they're in the giving mood, or Nerfmire actually caused them to lose active players and subs (I know at least 20+ players who flat out dropped the game + sub because of the dumb as gently caress changes that came with Murkmire and update 20).

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/55345

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
Yeah, leaders of the two of the raid guilds I play with have stepped back from the game because of the glaring (and increasing) bugs in trials that ZOS hasn't addressed. They're getting pissed that every month is another series of crown store announcements and no actual fixes.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Keep your mind be open window everyday
Eh, people are always going to bitch and whine about bugs, regardless of the game.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Yardbomb posted:

If by any chance you have 16 crown gems, the Scholar personality's on the gem store for like two more days and I almost missed it. I need all the neat personalities.

I also almost missed this good thing.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty

Scyantific posted:

Free event starting on the 6th, apparently. Either they're in the giving mood, or Nerfmire actually caused them to lose active players and subs (I know at least 20+ players who flat out dropped the game + sub because of the dumb as gently caress changes that came with Murkmire and update 20).

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/55345

I only really started playing when Murkmire released. What little of the Murkmire zone I've played seemed pretty cool, but I like Argonians.

What changes were made that were unpopular?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Annath posted:

I only really started playing when Murkmire released. What little of the Murkmire zone I've played seemed pretty cool, but I like Argonians.

What changes were made that were unpopular?

- massive changes to damage shields (conjured ward/annulment) because a bunch of trash-tier healers complained to one of the class reps about being unwanted in endgame content (except it's 100% false; try clearing any vet trial without healers)
- completely butchering mobility because a bunch of trash-tier pvp players couldn't effectively kill players using the Swift jewelry trait; instead of just rebalancing Swift, they went in and gutted all forms of mobility
- going in and making a bunch of unwanted changes to skills that were perfectly fine and giving bullshit reasons for doing so (i.e. overload third bar removal - excuse given was "we wanted to increase the amount of bar space sorcs have")
- despite being given a list of minor things that could be done to make the game more enjoyable across the board, they continue to go in the opposite direction
- continually lowering the skill ceiling and raising the skill floor via lovely proc sets (Sload's/Earthgore/Zaan) and giving bad players tons of room for error, and continually butchering the solo and small-scale playstyle in pvp patch after patch (it's basically impossible to solo in pvp these days unless you're a ganker)

I can keep the list going but at this point it's futile to do so, nothing is going to change as long as Wrobel and Garrett are in charge of combat.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Luckily for me I just faceroll and hope for the best so I can’t tell a difference

JadaX
Nov 25, 2008
Good game is good.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty
Most of that sounds like it sucks.

However, I'm always in full support of anything that makes it easier for casual players to compete with tryhards. The tears of the 1% "hardcore" crowd fuel my withered and blackened heart.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

I like being a filthy casual because I have no idea what any of that post meant.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Clever Betty

Grand Fromage posted:

I like being a filthy casual because I have no idea what any of that post meant.

Coming from years of playing WoW, I could infer most of it, but yeah I consider myself super casual these days.

I stopped playing Overwatch because toxic ranked shitheels started queuing in casual modes and then being complete assholes if you didn't follow whatever the current meta was or didn't pick "counters". poo poo son, I just want to float around as Robot Buddah.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Annath posted:

Most of that sounds like it sucks.

However, I'm always in full support of anything that makes it easier for casual players to compete with tryhards. The tears of the 1% "hardcore" crowd fuel my withered and blackened heart.

I agree. While there's probably better ways to go about it, making the game more accessible to all players is always good.

Frankly, I only ever hear the poopsocks complain about stuff like that.

kaffo
Jun 20, 2017

If it's broken, it's probably my fault
I've just started playing and one thing I'm struggling with is finding crafting components/resources. I've been deconstructing everything I don't need to research and I got the Keen Eye skill for each crafting tree which helped a bunch. But I find that aimlessly wandering around I never really find what I'm looking for. I ended up spending like 30 mins yesterday looking for 10 raw jute just to finish one of the first writs and I feel like I'm doing something super dumb.
The internet tells me "go to the starting areas, there's poo poo loads of resources" but I just feel like it's "log, log, log, iron, log, log, iron, oh a mushroom, another log"

Please tell me I'm being dumb, thanks

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Nah it can be super annoying when there's one component you're missing. But the goon guild is helpful if you haven't joined, I've asked for stuff a couple times when I couldn't find it anywhere and someone'll send it to you.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Clever Betty
I always have trouble finding chicken for the provisioning writs. I go to every guild trader in Alinor but they usually don't have it, so I end up running around until I can find an emu to kill.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Grand Fromage posted:

The only part I understood is I got better without having to do anything.

A++++++. Would patch again.

kaffo
Jun 20, 2017

Grand Fromage posted:

Nah it can be super annoying when there's one component you're missing. But the goon guild is helpful if you haven't joined, I've asked for stuff a couple times when I couldn't find it anywhere and someone'll send it to you.

drat, that's annoying. I'd love to join goon guild but I'm EU, I've been told EU goon guild is kinda quiet compared to US goon guild :negative:

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Grand Fromage posted:

Most of it is just elite tier griping, but the devs do have a tendency towards overbalancing spreadsheet issues; they’ll identify a problem in their numbers, and rather than make minor changes, will completely overhaul some facet of combat. It’s annoying.

There is also a problem with item set saturation, where they keep introducing new sets to provide “content” (ie farm bait), and in order to make them desirable and distinct, go way overboard with the new gear. Whether it’s to “cater to casuals” like Scy says, or just to make it attractive enough to sell the expansions is a pointless discussion. The point remains that new sets are often unbalanced and overpowered, he’s 100% correct on that.

Honestly, it is mostly just annoyances, and I’d have very little issue with the game if it weren’t for the basic-functionality level bugs.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

I've only been playing a few weeks and treat it mostly like a normal Elder Scrolls game and ignore the whole online component, so it's not like I'm the target audience anyway.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Grand Fromage posted:

I've only been playing a few weeks and treat it mostly like a normal Elder Scrolls game and ignore the whole online component, so it's not like I'm the target audience anyway.

To the contrary, you’re the kind of player they’re trying to retain.

zjentohlauedy
Feb 27, 2006

Bad sportsmanship. A ruthless minority of people seem to have forgotten good old-fashioned virtues. They just can't stand seeing the other fellow w
More Like Casual Scrolls Online

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

zjentohlauedy posted:

More Like Casual Scrolls Online

I’m 100% ok with casual fashion scrolls

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Trying to figure out what personality and which mementos go with which of my outfits and how I want my armor colored and weapons motif'd is a markedly significant part of my game time.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
I do wish there was a tiny bit more variety in cosmetic options (and that some of the cooler stuff wasn't insanely rare/overpriced crown store stuff). Really hard to look gay as hell when so many of the options are either bland or chunky, overdetailed armor.

Oh, and it would be cool if I could get an invite to the NA chill guild. @MenderSilos

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

John Murdoch posted:

I do wish there was a tiny bit more variety in cosmetic options (and that some of the cooler stuff wasn't insanely rare/overpriced crown store stuff). Really hard to look gay as hell when so many of the options are either bland or chunky, overdetailed armor.

Oh, and it would be cool if I could get an invite to the NA chill guild. @MenderSilos

Eso.mmo-fashion.com

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

kaffo posted:

drat, that's annoying. I'd love to join goon guild but I'm EU, I've been told EU goon guild is kinda quiet compared to US goon guild :negative:

What's your username? I've got thousands of jute I don't need.

kaffo
Jun 20, 2017

Starshark posted:

What's your username? I've got thousands of jute I don't need.

I'm not going to say no, I'm still struggling.
Account is @kaffo and character is Barry Mills
p.s. you're the best

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

It was way cool when I did my woodworking writ yesterday and got assigned oak items before I'd been able to gather any rough oak at all.

Is there room in the goon guild for someone who basically logs in (almost) every day for the login bonus and to steal a buncha poo poo, and then plays random quests for hours very occasionally? I was in it before my long hiatus, @Nekheny_IV

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!

food court bailiff posted:

It was way cool when I did my woodworking writ yesterday and got assigned oak items before I'd been able to gather any rough oak at all.

Is there room in the goon guild for someone who basically logs in (almost) every day for the login bonus and to steal a buncha poo poo, and then plays random quests for hours very occasionally? I was in it before my long hiatus, @Nekheny_IV
Absolutely. I've been vendoring my sanded oak planks. It'll be good to send them to a person that can actually use them.

Ofecks
May 4, 2009

A portly feline wizard waddles forth, muttering something about conjured food.

Just happened to log onto Steam and see the free week thing. Gonna give this a whirl. Using Zenimax's launcher, it's only serving me 200 Mbits when I have gigafiber. Maybe I should have done it through steam...

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

Ofecks posted:

Just happened to log onto Steam and see the free week thing. Gonna give this a whirl. Using Zenimax's launcher, it's only serving me 200 Mbits when I have gigafiber. Maybe I should have done it through steam...

You did the right thing. The game frequently fails to launch through steam - for several days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
I mean, even downloading the game through Steam still leaves you with an hour or two of patching to go through, on top of however fast you can pull down 80 goddamn gigs.