Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Irate Tree
Mar 12, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I gif for Sanguinala.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Harkano posted:

Not mine, but had to share.

“Live. Laugh. FLY.” From Ken Nelson on ‘Eavier Metal on FB.

“Chicken wire, cotton, hair spray, paint, and high intensity LEDs. Also some cussing.”

:perfect:

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
That's an incredible job.

Harkano
Jun 5, 2005

https://www.facebook.com/1575682476085719/posts/2188420548145239/

Kill Team rules out for the Blackstone Guys, plus an app.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender
Preview of Narrative Play stuff in Chapter Approved 2018. Includes Cityfight (Cities of Death) rules, narrative play rules for more advanced cover and concealed deployment (that explains the "light cover" and "heavy cover" tokens we saw packaged with the special edition release), and rules for unit exp and advancement in campaigns:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/12/05/5th-dec-chapter-approved-narrative-playgw-homepage-post-1/

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Harkano posted:

Raus/Rein seem decentish and UR-025 looks outright good, but the rest of the non-Chaos characters seem a little iffy in terms of utility. Multi-wound plays up big in Kill Team but that's a lot of GEQ statlines.

Servants of the Abyss is a cool roster although the total lack of AP is limiting, hopefully they flesh out the wargear options in the future.

Fuegan
Aug 23, 2008

The batch painting pain train rolls on. Hoping to get some custom transfers printed soon in the blue colour to add over the gold for these guys. Getting closer to 2k fully painted. Then I get to paint the new Super Heavy in this colour scheme!

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Vigilus Preview: Marneus Calgar and Haarken Worldclaimer rules

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Are the books available for preorder yet, or is that this weekend?

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
Would there be any interest in a "Post your army fluff" thread in TG? It wouldn't have to be 40k exclusive, obviously. Just testing the water here since it's probably a primary source of posters for such a thread.

Just the (in universe) stories of your armies in all their dumb-rear end snowflakeness.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender
Summary on the new Cities of Death from this week's White Dwarf:
- Obstructed units (every model partially obscured, vehicles/monsters 50% obscured) take a -1 penalty to hit
- Cover divided between soft cover (barrels, crates, forests, craters) and hard cover (ruins, sector mechanicus terrain). Soft cover is +1 cover save, Hard cover is +2 to cover save
- Units benefit from having the high ground. If you are 3"+ above the target unit, you get a +1 AP bonus on shooting attacks
- 20 stratagems for cities of death
- Breacher charges strat increases your minimum charge distance to 7" (guess: probably makes your charge 6+D6")
- Sewer Rats lets you deep strike
- Point Black Overwatch lets you OW a unit you couldn't see when it declared a charge
- Hunker Down and Reinforced Positions improve the value of cover
- Grappling Hooks (1 CP) lets a unit ignore vertical distance when moving

Cities of Death looks bad rear end, and I suspect I'll play a lot of games using these rules

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

TheChirurgeon posted:

- Obstructed units (every model partially obscured, vehicles/monsters 50% obscured) take a -1 penalty to hit
- Cover divided between soft cover (barrels, crates, forests, craters) and hard cover (ruins, sector mechanicus terrain). Soft cover is +1 cover save, Hard cover is +2 to cover save
- Units benefit from having the high ground. If you are 3"+ above the target unit, you get a +1 AP bonus on shooting attacks
- Breacher charges strat increases your minimum charge distance to 7" (guess: probably makes your charge 6+D6")
- Point Black Overwatch lets you OW a unit you couldn't see when it declared a charge

Cities of Death looks bad rear end, and I suspect I'll play a lot of games using these rules

Are these KT or 40k or both?

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer

Schadenboner posted:

Would there be any interest in a "Post your army fluff" thread in TG? It wouldn't have to be 40k exclusive, obviously. Just testing the water here since it's probably a primary source of posters for such a thread.

Just the (in universe) stories of your armies in all their dumb-rear end snowflakeness.

Yes that would be a great thread please make it and then never post in here again.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Schadenboner posted:

Are these KT or 40k or both?

40k Cities of Death from the New Chappter Approved 2018 supplement

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

Booley posted:

Yes that would be a great thread please make it and then never post in here again.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

just keep swimming

Schadenboner posted:

yikes

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Harkano posted:

This is cool, I’m hoping they start expanding the enemies and playable characters with other 40k models like they did with Warhammer Quest.

Decorus
Aug 26, 2015
Does anyone know if Ultramar has some kind of separate heraldry from the Ultramarines inverted omega?

I'm very close to finishing my Knight, but I'd like to add some reference to her ties to the realm rather than the chapter, since she's supposed to be a vassal of the Lord of Ultramar rather than the chapter master of the Ultramarines.

I haven't really read any fluff apart from the stuff in the rulebooks, and googling isn't turning up anything conclusive.

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING

Decorus posted:

Does anyone know if Ultramar has some kind of separate heraldry from the Ultramarines inverted omega?

I'm very close to finishing my Knight, but I'd like to add some reference to her ties to the realm rather than the chapter, since she's supposed to be a vassal of the Lord of Ultramar rather than the chapter master of the Ultramarines.

I haven't really read any fluff apart from the stuff in the rulebooks, and googling isn't turning up anything conclusive.

You can flip it upside down and superimpose an "A" for auxiliary support

Ghazk fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Dec 5, 2018

richyp
Dec 2, 2004

Grumpy old man

Schadenboner posted:

Would you need to "Post your army" too?

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Ghazk posted:

I can't tell if this is a serious post.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Schadenboner posted:

I'm down to post my Knights if there's an interest in reading it.

Duct Tape
Sep 30, 2004

Huh?

TheChirurgeon posted:

Are these rules in addition to what's going to be in Chapter Approved 2018, or is this an additional supplement?

evol262
Nov 30, 2010
#!/usr/bin/perl

Zuul the Cat posted:

I'm down to post my Knights if there's an interest in reading it.

Isn't this what Tumblr or Reddit are for?

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

evol262 posted:

Isn't this what Tumblr or Reddit are for?

I don't know what this means. I don't use Reddit or Tumblr.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

just keep swimming

Zuul the Cat posted:

I don't know what this means. I don't use Reddit or Tumblr.

It's where people post their pony and Warhammer fan fiction

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I'm actually interested in seeing peoples armies, though. If they're themed that's even more rad. I'd be interested in knowing how they got to that theme or what made them pick that army.

But, you know, including photos of actual armies. Not just fan fiction.

Decorus
Aug 26, 2015

Ghazk posted:

Thanks, I'll make some stuff up if I have to.

One of the marine codexes had an ultra symbol surrounded by a halo and wings that looked pretty cool. It was used to mark Macragge on a map, and since it's a combination of astartes symbols I suspect it's just an embellished Ultramarines insignia, but I might go with it if I can't find any official heraldry for Ultramar.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Zuul the Cat posted:

I'm actually interested in seeing peoples armies, though. If they're themed that's even more rad. I'd be interested in knowing how they got to that theme or what made them pick that army.

But, you know, including photos of actual armies. Not just fan fiction.

Maybe talk to the goonhammer guys and see about getting more stuff from the thread into their showcase. http://www.goonhammer.com/subdomains/forums/category/the-display-cabinet/army-showcase/

Killer_Bees!
Dec 25, 2005

I, for one, welcome
our new insect overlords.
Buglord

Schadenboner posted:

Please go keep this poo poo in 4chan and reddit where it belongs, gently caress me next you will be trying to start posts about what’s your armies theme music or who is your favorite waifu

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

goodness posted:

It's where people post their pony and Warhammer fan fiction

Only for another couple of weeks

Edit: Personal army fluff is cool, you nerds.

Salynne
Oct 25, 2007

Decorus posted:

One of the marine codexes had an ultra symbol surrounded by a halo and wings that looked pretty cool. It was used to mark Macragge on a map, and since it's a combination of astartes symbols I suspect it's just an embellished Ultramarines insignia, but I might go with it if I can't find any official heraldry for Ultramar.

I like the A omega idea, simple and clean that way.

richyp
Dec 2, 2004

Grumpy old man

Killer_Bees! posted:

Please go keep this poo poo in 4chan and reddit where it belongs, gently caress me next you will be trying to start posts about what’s your armies theme music or who is your favorite waifu

A bit harsh to be honest. I mean this is the subforum with character sheets and people who move toys around a table, why not have some back story to the guys' you built, painted and played with?

I don't, but then I don't play, but I can see why people would.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Yeah I don't get where this hard anti-fluff turn came from, is it just because of the poster that brought it up?

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe

Deified Data posted:

Yeah I don't get where this hard anti-fluff turn came from, is it just because of the poster that brought it up?

Me either. I find more interest in the building of competitive armies and matchups, etc...I don't really care about fluff for my army, but I don't hate anyone who enjoys that part of it.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer

Deified Data posted:

It's a hard anti-schaden turn. Fluff is cool and good, but fluff is better when it's written by someone who understands the game.

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING

Decorus posted:

No problem. Be sure to show us what you end up going with.

evol262
Nov 30, 2010
#!/usr/bin/perl

Deified Data posted:

I don't think anyone is anti-fluff, but the lore is :krad: without wading through pages of "the chaplain dread of the Goon Bearers was at Ullanor and..."

Backstories are cool. Having a backstory for your dudes is cool. But it's fanfic, and, personally, I'd rather have that in some quarantine thread/site than read through it here. Maybe the Vigilus campaign stuff will make it more fun, since it can include battle reports and stuff

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

Fanfic isn't particularly interesting in the first place (my chapter is the best at this, this and that blah blah blah) but the strong reaction probably comes from annoyance at Schadenboner's sad attempts to belong with his white noise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING
The only way I’m reading lovely fanfic is it’s a competition to see who can come up with the worst entry.