Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

No slamwhales anymore, either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

zakharov posted:

I feel like we've reached a consensus on that one. Many vets don't do it anymore.

But I've found indoor/outdoor cats to be one of those America/rest of the world divides.

House cats are an invasive species in the Americas. That's why their impact on wildlife populations are a bigger issue.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Why are there ZERO horses in the Senate this is very problematic and isn't intersectionalist at all!!

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

zakharov posted:

Anyone wanna debate indoor vs outdoor cats?

I had an outside cat that I inherited from my wife's aunt after she died. Little guy had been outside for like 8 years at that point, so i kept him outside and got a nice warm house and poo poo for him. He got hurt and I kept him inside for like 2 weeks as he healed and he seemed to love that poo poo so I was going to make him inside permanently because I hated leaving him outside. But once he got well, fucker started going insane and pissing on the walls and attacking my other cats, which he had not done before that, so he then became an outside cat that I let inside a lot.

Then one day he never came back and I assume he's dead :( RIPD Pedro.

That is my outside cat story.

P.S.: he had cat AIDs

edit: I now feed all the stray outside cats who have been snipped, vaccinated, and released in our neighborhood and I would let every last one inside if that was an option.

enigmahfc has a new favorite as of 19:07 on Dec 5, 2018

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

felch me daddy jr. posted:

gently caress PETA, but "feeding two birds with one scone" is pretty good, might adopt that.

I sometimes say "pet two birds with one hand" because I am nutty but the PETA one is way better. Good job PETA you did something right

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

sneakyfrog posted:

declawing is always a festive discussion
do you tip your vet after declawing or is declawing already the tip

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

The stone-scone rhyme doesn’t work in correct English (RP)

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Yawgmoth posted:

do you tip your vet after declawing or is declawing already the tip

The only tip a vet deserves for cutting off a cat's fingers is the tip of a knife. And then the rest of the knife.

Because you stab that soulless monster.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/AriFleischer/status/1070350900521263106?s=19

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Meanwhile as I was reading about if spaying a female cat that was in very early pregnancy was possible I found that the US has a veterinary "gold standard" for clinics who refuse to perform "cat abortions" on moral grounds.

The reason I was looking was because I was taking over a friends cat and she was 8 months old, not spayed and had been running around outdoors a lot so I was worried she might already be.

Solar Tornado
Aug 9, 2016

A true fool keeps on fighting, even when there is no more glory to be gained

Fishstick posted:

First puss in boots

Now cock in boots

Cock in a croc

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

No I think he ended up making it

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

zoux posted:

No I think he ended up making it

You could say that he's the guest of honor.

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010

Like, unironically agree to banning all those songs so I don't have to hear them for the 80,000th time every time I enter a store.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Christmas songs are boomer catnip. No one is making new Christmas songs anymore. Has there been any new mainstream Christmas song since Mariah Carey's?

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
people need to make the war on Christmas a reality.

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

Why do conservatives always jerk off into their own mouth about how motivated and hard working they are while stereotyping democrats as lazy? Do they think major cities magically run themselves?

Elderbean has a new favorite as of 20:30 on Dec 5, 2018

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

felch me daddy jr. posted:

Just like you roll your eyes about using language that doesn't suggest that harming animals is good?

I don't roll my eyes about animal rights but nomenclature isnt going to help normalize being vegan but it will for lgbt issues. noone pictures something when you say beat a dead horse or bird in the bush but there is a ton of connotation to the words dealing with lbgt or poc.

As for your point about animal rights not taking away from lgbt rights I never said they did and never ment to imply that you can only care about one thing.

Elderbean posted:

Why do conservatives always jerk off into their own mouth about how motivated and hard working they are while stereotyping democrats as lazy? Do they major cities magically run themselves?

its dog whistle about all the lazy minorities who only vote dem.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

I've always said "kill two stones with one bird" cuz my brain is kinda fucky. Feel free to borrow my style.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

seiferguy posted:

Christmas songs are boomer catnip. No one is making new Christmas songs anymore. Has there been any new mainstream Christmas song since Mariah Carey's?
Yes, in the UK.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

get two birds stoned at once

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.

seiferguy posted:

Barenaked Ladies did a song called Green Christmas that I like a lot. It was in the Jim Carey Grinch movie.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

seiferguy posted:

Complicated question. New Christmas/holiday music comes out every year, but the broadest, most general purveyors of holiday music are effectively oldies stations and it can take years for a new song to work it's way into their rotation. Like that Mariah Carey song came out in '94, but didn't really get accepted as a standard until much later.

All that being said, Christmas music has been subject to the same kind of niche diversification as every other genre, so anything that isn't just regular FM radio has entire stations devoted to new and inde holiday music.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

I've definitely heard some really beautiful holiday/winter folk and indie songs, but you have to be in like, an artisan cider place or a pourover coffee bar where the woman in knit everything has her Spotify going to hear that stuff in public, otherwise it's the same poo poo everywhere and louder than you can imagine

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Spalec posted:

Like, unironically agree to banning all those songs so I don't have to hear them for the 80,000th time every time I enter a store.

Yeah, I've seen this a few times now. Private radio stations deciding not to play a rapey song in todays climate of openly discussing the problems with decades of rape culture is mass censorship apparently.

I just want to reply with "As a traditionalism-hating society-ruining millennial I say good. Ban Christmas altogether, I can't afford to buy 50 different loving presents and all the music sucks rear end"

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I sometimes say "pet two birds with one hand" because I am nutty but the PETA one is way better. Good job PETA you did something right

I'll allow it.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Picnic Princess posted:

Yeah, I've seen this a few times now. Private radio stations deciding not to play a rapey song in todays climate of openly discussing the problems with decades of rape culture is mass censorship apparently.

I just want to reply with "As a traditionalism-hating society-ruining millennial I say good. Ban Christmas altogether, I can't afford to buy 50 different loving presents and all the music sucks rear end"

IIRC the song was originally written and performed by a married couple to sing at holiday parties where the subtext was probably less rapey.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

christmas boots posted:

IIRC the song was originally written and performed by a married couple to sing at holiday parties where the subtext was probably less rapey.

On first listen, I understand thinking the lyrics are questionable. But any semi-critical analysis disproves any rapey vibes. You have to purposely misunderstand the lyrics and context at that point.

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

Nottherealaborn posted:

On first listen, I understand thinking the lyrics are questionable. But any semi-critical analysis disproves any rapey vibes. You have to purposely misunderstand the lyrics and context at that point.

you see at first this nude art looks very sketchy but once you take in the context and realize that she's actually a 7000 year old dragon it's totally cool

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

its just kind of a crappy song

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

wizzardstaff posted:

you see at first this nude art looks very sketchy but once you take in the context and realize that she's actually a 7000 year old dragon it's totally cool

Putti are anime

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

wizzardstaff posted:

very normal comparison to jump to

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Maybe if I hadn't been coerced into doing things I didn't want to do I would read it more innocently, but it genuinely makes me uncomfortable to hear it in my own personal context now, even if it was supposedly innocent in the context at the time. The lyrics do not hold up anymore, especially with how easily it can be 'misconstrued'. I'm one of those over-sensitive whiners who don't like hearing it because it triggers unpleasant memories of being taken advantage of. I also really friggin despise lovely romance duets. So the song disappearing makes me quite happy in more way than one.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Picnic Princess posted:

Maybe if I hadn't been coerced into doing things I didn't want to do I would read it more innocently, but it genuinely makes me uncomfortable to hear it in my own personal context now, even if it was supposedly innocent in the context at the time. The lyrics do not hold up anymore, especially with how easily it can be 'misconstrued'. I'm one of those over-sensitive whiners who don't like hearing it because it triggers unpleasant memories of being taken advantage of. I also really friggin despise lovely romance duets. So the song disappearing makes me quite happy in more way than one.

"This song triggers unpleasant memories and I don't think it's a good song" is an entirely reasonable stance to hold.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I don't think the song is as rapey as some people, but I also have zero problem with it never being played on the radio or over a stores intercom ever again.

There's certainly a lot more justification for taking off public air waves than when they temporarily banned John Lennon's Imagine after 9/11 because of the line "imagine there's no religion."

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost
"It used to be how things were done" is also a really weak reason to keep broadcasting something, especially when it's still how things are often done except only one side thinks it's playful or okay.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

jesus WEP posted:

its just kind of a crappy song

:hai:

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

seiferguy posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZ94M_XHarI

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Somfin posted:

"It used to be how things were done" is also a really weak reason to keep broadcasting something, especially when it's still how things are often done except only one side thinks it's playful or okay.

Right, but the reason I mentioned the original context is because in the original context it is both sides thinking it's playful, not that "that's how it was in the olden days".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
Tumblr: No-one's gonna gently caress their entire site's user base over as badly as we did.
Facebook: Hold our gay beer.

https://twitter.com/suchnerve/status/1070391585458806784