Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Lodin posted:

Yeah, but they supposedly never released it until now.

I was talking about the source of Pit's victory pose, not the card

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Lodin posted:

Yeah, but they supposedly never released it until now.

https://twitter.com/3DS_Palutena/status/1070121371915567104

He also does the pose after he kills Hades.

https://twitter.com/ChibiSkeven/status/1070129664826490883

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Mister Facetious posted:

I already maxed it out, what other advice can you give?

I'm not a pro or even that great, but actually hammering out some trainings will help. Either make your own for that specific situation or search to see if someone else has.

Rocket League is one of those games you will have to practice at. Even time away from it will make you worse. It really is like playing an actual sport.

You'll come back to it and remember the basics but if you're not consistently trying to learn something new or practicing, you're going to get left behind.

I booted it up on Switch the other day for the first time in a while. It just got 4k 60fps for Xbox, but I got kicked off the tv for "shows."

Switch rules.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Prime trilogy is gonna be full price for sure

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Prime trilogy is gonna be full price for sure

Yeah if Tropical Freeze was $60 you can bet that this will be too. I never played any of the Prime games, would I be remiss if I jumped into 4 when it comes out?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Beastie posted:

Yeah if Tropical Freeze was $60 you can bet that this will be too. I never played any of the Prime games, would I be remiss if I jumped into 4 when it comes out?

Well they're only 3 of the best games ever so you tell me

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Beastie posted:

We know literally nothing about 4 other than the title, but pretty much every Metroid game is self-contained, not usually much of a deep story either beyond "Samus responds to distress signal, poo poo happens" so you're not going to be missing out on anything big.

That said, you should at least play the first Metroid Prime because it's really really good and easily the best in the series.

EDIT: best of the prime games, Super Metroid or Zero Mission are probably the best 2D games

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Beastie posted:

Given the amount of time since the last Prime game I'd be surprised if it just plopped you at the tail end of the last plot with no onboarding.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
I'm kind of shocked that Shikhondo doesn't allow for tate mode. It's a great shooter but goddamn what an oversight

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Beastie posted:

probably not. the first three games revolve around a magical space mineral called phazon that contains awesome power but the radiation drives you crazy. space pirates love it. samus deals with phazon-based problems and blows up a planet and an alternate dimension and kills ridley a few more times

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Beastie posted:

Nintendo usually designs their games so you don’t feel lost if you haven’t played the previous games but you should since they’re good.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

You should still play all the prime games though

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Beastie posted:

Not really if the trilogy really is full price. 3 is not recommendable in any way and 2 makes a lot of dumb decisions that drags it down even if its still good.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Barudak posted:

Not really if the trilogy really is full price. 3 is not recommendable in any way and 2 makes a lot of dumb decisions that drags it down even if its still good.

All of the Prime games are really good

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Scan Every Rock

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
I never even played Prime 3 more than once or twice just to see how the controls worked, and I never did get any of the Prime Trilogy re-releases. That will be day 1 for me, especially if it's HD.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Heath posted:

Scan Every Rock
I'm going to do it anyway so I may as well feel rewarded for doing it.

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
Three was still pretty kewl I thought even though it lost a lot of the exploration

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I liked three the most because I didn't have to do a bunch of pointless backtracking while the design still felt more open ended

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Prime games are worth it just for the text file from the scientists trying to replicate rolling in a ball (with predictable results)

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Barudak posted:

Wtf. I played all the Prime games back when they got released on the Wii U and they're all fine. In fact 2 was my favorite. 3 I thought was the best mechanically. I liked not having to swap beams all the time, and you get fast travel access before the rear end end of the game. They're all good, though.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Andrast posted:

All of the Prime games are really good

Nah. They go down in quality with each one but the start is so high that the third one still nets out at "average".

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

I know its been said before but drat I hope a port or remaster of this is the next thing Sakurai works on. I loved it at the time and I really wanna go play through it again but I hesitate because I dont wanna wrassle with the controls.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Commissar Ken posted:

I know its been said before but drat I hope a port or remaster of this is the next thing Sakurai works on.

:yeah:

Kid Icarus: Uprising deserves to be enjoyed by more people. I played the whole game and loved it, but even I will agree that the control scheme was not great.

Trump Card
Jun 25, 2008

HEY GUYS

Lord_Hambrose posted:

Prime games are worth it just for the text file from the scientists trying to replicate rolling in a ball (with predictable results)

Science team has vapor for brains

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.
So, hubris made me put off getting a screen protector. Today, I noticed a little scratch. No idea how it happened, but yeah. I'm assuming Nintendo doesn't cover little nicks... Is the amFilm glass protector still the one to get?

The Pirate Captain
Jun 6, 2006

Avast ye lubbers, lest ye be scuppered!
For anyone who is curious, the Switch seems to have a limit of 68 games as the maximum you can have queued for download at one time. Every time I tried to add the 69th it would error, but when one finished I was able to top it back up to 68 again.

Why yes, I did just buy a gently caress you huge memory card, why do you ask?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The Pirate Captain posted:

For anyone who is curious, the Switch seems to have a limit of 68 games as the maximum you can have queued for download at one time. Every time I tried to add the 69th it would error, but when one finished I was able to top it back up to 68 again.

Not nice.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
You must have all the ACA games because otherwise there's no way the Switch has 69 (nice) good games.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Imagined posted:

You must have all the ACA games because otherwise there's no way the Switch has 69 (nice) good games.

If you read this thread every game on the switch is good.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Barudak posted:

If you read this thread every game on the switch is good.

except botw

The Pirate Captain
Jun 6, 2006

Avast ye lubbers, lest ye be scuppered!
It's mostly indies, yeah, stuff that's been on other systems but is better on Switch cause it's portable.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Commissar Ken posted:

I know its been said before but drat I hope a port or remaster of this is the next thing Sakurai works on. I loved it at the time and I really wanna go play through it again but I hesitate because I dont wanna wrassle with the controls.

Same. That game is such a loving insane ride that I wish I could play through it blind again.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The switch barely has nine good games

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva

BOTW is a good game

A solid 7/10

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

i hope they finally removed weapon durability from smash this time around

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

The Pirate Captain posted:

It's mostly indies, yeah, stuff that's been on other systems but is better on Switch cause it's portable.

Portability is one of the worst features of the switch

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Please raise your hands and share your energy with Metroid to appear at TGA tomorrow

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

Shammypants posted:

Is this it? Is this the worst opinion to have ever been shared on the internet?

I'm awe-struck, I feel like I should commemorate this somehow. Maybe I'll superglue a bunch of cartridge holders to my switch in celebration of this awesome moment

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Shammypants posted:

Explain how