Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
The lanyards are obsessing over him because they want jobs in his hypothetical administration, which they will get if he's elected.

That said:

shame on an IGA posted:

Bernie is the compromise candidate and the entire party establishment must be destroyed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

shame on an IGA posted:

the entire establishment must be destroyed

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017

gently caress you man you are the establishment

no mods no masters

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

mods changed my name posted:

gently caress you man you are the establishment

no mods no masters

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

:thunk:

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

retired presidents and statesmen getting the decorum treatment

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler

:thermidor:

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
I like that Sully figured out how to get free treats from Bush’s stewards.

Good dog

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

NSA WIZARD posted:

TICK TOCK GOES THE CLOCK

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iP6XpLQM2Cs

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Thank you!

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
https://www.denverpost.com/2018/12/05/fort-carson-fatal-shooting-accident/

quote:

Affidavit: Fort Carson soldier’s joke turns deadly when he kills a man

COLORADO SPRINGS — A witness tells authorities that an accidental fatal shooting by a Fort Carson soldier was a joke that turned deadly.

The Gazette reports 21-year-old Pfc. Isaac James Klippert, of Yakima, Wash., faces charges of manslaughter, first-degree assault and prohibited use of a weapon in the killing Saturday of 25-year-old Cesar Diaz.

Court records show Klippert posted $25,000 bail on Monday.

According to the arrest affidavit, Klippert says he did not mean to shoot Diaz. It says Klippert told police he grabbed what he thought was an empty gun, racked the slide and pulled the trigger while pointing it at Diaz.

Friend and witness Brandon Rock told police the three often “play jokes on each other” because they’re “young, dumb and in the military.”

Klippert is assigned to the 3rd Armored Brigade Combat Team, 4th Infantry Division.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I hate assholes who gently caress around with guns

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

gently caress :(

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6rp0SZX7lg

A video representation of Trump's day today re: the GHWB funeral.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

My buddy's friend died this way when they were at Nuke school in Charleston. A guy at a party picked up a gun he thought was empty, pointed it at his friend, and pulled the trigger.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Parties usually mean drinking. Guns and booze man. Yikes.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

yas queen

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

LingcodKilla posted:

Parties usually mean drinking. Guns and booze man. Yikes.
There was a guy I hung out with in high school who liked to openly display his 1911 and wear it on him when he had parties at his house. His roommate and I had the good sense to start hiding his guns before every party after the first party this happened. Looking back, I'm lucky no one I know got shot or hurt on account of how loving dumb he was. Last I heard, he's an E4 in army band or someshit. lol.

Also I got arrested with him once when I was 18 because we both went to shoot K98 rifles in the woods and someone called the police when they heard us (they reported it as machine gun fire, which is :lol:). We were shooting at targets with dirt berms behind them and being safe but were still guilty of trespassing and firing within "city" limits. I got incredibly lucky in that I wasn't killed when the cops showed up and no one was hurt. Also lucky in that I wasn't legally turbofucked either (this occurred in a very not so gun friendly part of New England, they dropped the charges). I learned my lesson and started keeping my poo poo in a safe and went to a range from then on (unless I'm somewhere remote like Nevada). He...did not.

One other story about this guy I recall was that he had a clip of .45 rounds that were dummies of his own creation so he could polish his feed ramp, instead of spending 20 bucks for the rubber dummy rounds. Proceeded to leave both that and a live ammo clip on his kitchen table. His cousin comes over, started fooling around and yelling about how he would shoot a guy he was mad at, grabbed what he thought was a dummy clip and proceeded to shoot out a window. No one got hurt.

Handsome Ralph fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Dec 5, 2018

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Hope you weren't expecting China/US relations to calm down!

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/canada/article-canada-has-arrested-huaweis-global-chief-financial-officer-in/

Canada just arrested Huawei's CFO for extradition to the US for attempting to violate Iran sanctions. My (limited) understanding of China's party politics makes this the equivalent of arresting a Saudi prince.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

By and large people are absolutely too loving stupid to handle firearms, and most of the population should be disarmed tbh.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Vasudus posted:

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/canada/article-canada-has-arrested-huaweis-global-chief-financial-officer-in/

Canada just arrested Huawei's CFO for extradition to the US for attempting to violate Iran sanctions. My (limited) understanding of China's party politics makes this the equivalent of arresting a Saudi prince.

arresting people from Huawei is extremely cool i love justin now

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

orange juche posted:

By and large people are absolutely too loving stupid to handle firearms, and most of the population should be disarmed tbh.

Got muzzle swept 3 times in as many minutes by a guy I was buying weed from. Would have smacked the hell out of him but he had a gun pointed at me.

Funkysock
Aug 8, 2011

Clapping Larry

orange juche posted:

This goes for just about any vehicle as well.

pygmy tyrant
Nov 25, 2005

*not a small business owner

The scientist who genetically modified human embryos is now missing. Initially it was suspected he was under house arrest, but his university has claimed that he hasn't been detained.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/he-jiankui-missing-crispr-gene-edited-babies_us_5c0641a0e4b0cd916faf700c

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
i'm gonna laugh if what he did was considered too extreme even for china and they took him out behind the chemical shack

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

orange juche posted:

Agreed.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

Vasudus posted:

:nsa:

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Milo and POTUS posted:

Got muzzle swept 3 times in as many minutes by a guy I was buying weed from. Would have smacked the hell out of him but he had a gun pointed at me.

is this a problem because if the "never point the gun at anything you aren't killing" rule, or just decorum?

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

45 ACP CURES NAZIS posted:

arresting people from Huawei is extremely cool i love justin now

Yeah I'm all about it.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

RFC2324 posted:

is this a problem because if the "never point the gun at anything you aren't killing" rule, or just decorum?

I do not want for even one millisecond to have a gun pointed at my meaty body. It is self preservation, gently caress decorum.

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

RFC2324 posted:

Very much that. Its like handing a knife to someone hilt first and then there's some idiot who insists on giving you the sharp bladed end.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Vasudus posted:

i'm gonna laugh if what he did was considered too extreme even for china and they took him out behind the chemical shack

Nah they’ll make him work hard labor / wow gold mining for a few years first.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

FrozenVent posted:

Nah they’ll make him work hard labor / wow gold mining for a few years first.

"Organ donor"?

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

RFC2324 posted:

yes it is extremely bad to have a gun pointed at you

lmfao jesus christ how is this even a question?

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
But it’s not like they’re pulling the trigger or anything :downsgun:

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
There's a guy at work that wants to go shooting with me, but he's 21 and still hasn't fully made sense of the phrase, "one or the other, never both" when it comes to driving with weed and guns.

I need a solid excuse to go out to Dragonman's range one of these days anyhow. It's like, 15 minutes away and I've been way too lazy about keeping up with shooting to maintain accuracy.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Military idiots playing The Trust Game isn't exactly new. It's really alarming when an idiot, who you know drat well isn't playing with a full deck, suddenly decides they need a gun to make their life complete.

pygmy tyrant
Nov 25, 2005

*not a small business owner

Vasudus posted:

I feel like smart conspiracy money is on "His only mistake was to go public, this is just the alpha test for Chinese mutant genemod supersoldiers led by some guy named Khan as predicted by the prophet Roddenberry."

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

kraken! posted:

I feel like smart conspiracy money is on "His only mistake was to go public, this is just the alpha test for Chinese mutant genemod supersoldiers led by some guy named Khan as predicted by the prophet Roddenberry."

I can only go by reading the China thread in GBS but I feel like he probably made the whole thing up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
Maybe it's because I'm not infantry or army or moto or whatever, but if someone points a gun at me and asks if I trust them, the answer will always be "no." I do not trust anyone who thinks pointing a gun at me is a good idea.