Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
yea the big bag of wasps can blow out my back now that he's growing a beard that a 15 year old would call a sad attempt.

I get it's ted and the bar is rock bottom already but come on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Groovelord Neato posted:

i will never understand why guys who can't grow a full beard even try.

If, like Cruz, your face has all the definition and shape of a sack of rotting egg milk, even a lame beard is a way to give some definition that isn't otherwise there, like painting a face on the aforesaid sack of rotting eggmilk.

Zoph
Sep 12, 2005

TulliusCicero posted:

Trump's base are a lot of people who "claim to be religous", because their "religion" helps them create their insane world view.

They actually believe in nothing but their own superiority.

This also describes 90% of Evangelicals fwiw. You won't believe how easy it is to contort being a colossal, selfish, hate-filled rear end in a top hat into piety.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

If, like Cruz, your face has all the definition and shape of a sack of rotting egg milk, even a lame beard is a way to give some definition that isn't otherwise there, like painting a face on the aforesaid sack of rotting eggmilk.

What is egg milk? Or eggmilk.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

TulliusCicero posted:

Trump's base are a lot of people who "claim to be religous", because their "religion" helps them create their insane world view.

They actually believe in nothing but their own superiority.

Bingo. The next person with a "TRUMP 2020: Lib Tears Forever!" bumper sticker who actually gets caught acting, y'know, Christ-like will be the first.

pseudanonymous posted:

What is egg milk? Or eggmilk.
the traditional pairing with milksteak and jellybeans

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

kidkissinger posted:

Is he trying to become cooler or something because he almost lost to a "cool guy"?

*Walks into living room*

“Well I’m finally doing it. I’m buying a drum set!”

“That’s nice, dear.”

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

Chaos option: Stephen Miller as the next VP.

Capri Sunrise
May 16, 2008

Elephants are mammals of the family Elephantidae and the largest existing land animals. Three species are currently recognised: the African bush elephant, the African forest elephant, and the Asian elephant.

Aramis posted:

Melania

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Aramis posted:

He would be 35 by then so sure.

Sorus
Nov 6, 2007
caustic overtones
I can't grow a beard, so when it looks like I'm trying to really, I'm just being lazy.

Don't beard shame, strong beards.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/JohnJHarwood/status/1070289833837379584

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

I’ve been pronouncing it ‘my-low’ in my head and now my world is asunder.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

skylined! posted:

I’ve been pronouncing it ‘my-low’ in my head and now my world is asunder.

i still read it that way since it's the proper american way to say it.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Well now I don't want to give any money to fascists. Guess I'll just kickstart Star Citizen with it instead.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/slpng_giants/status/1070449158274768896

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

that was quick. i guess he was to obvious about the scam.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

TulliusCicero posted:

:lol: If horsefucker and serial suck up Pence gets booted by no loyalty Trump, then goes right to Mueller with everything :getin:

Comedy option: who is Trump's VP pick? Jr.? Hannity?

Pence is the one person that Trump can't fire. Pence has to be impeached by Congress.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
poo poo KM's video spread faster than I thought it would.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Giggy posted:

Step 3: learn more about opioid addiction and consider the argument if not the author.
Hi, lost 2 friends to opioid overdoses and both the argument and author are fuckin' stupid.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Star Man posted:

Pence is the one person that Trump can't fire. Pence has to be impeached by Congress.

He can stay as VP but Trump doesn't have to run again with him on the ticket

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Feldegast42 posted:

Yeah, I forgot that part.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
https://twitter.com/philiprucker/status/1070450538528038912?s=21

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

quote:

During this period, records show, the average nightly rate at the hotel was $768. The lobbyists who ran the trips say they chose Trump’s hotel strictly because it offered a discount from that rate and had rooms available, not to curry favor with Trump.

gently caress

quote:

Some of the veterans who stayed at Trump’s hotel say they were kept in the dark about the Saudis’ role in the trips. Now, they wonder if they were used twice over: not just to deliver someone else’s message to Congress, but also to deliver business to the Trump Organization.

“It made all the sense in the world, when we found out that the Saudis had paid for it,” Henry Garcia, a Navy veteran from San Antonio who went on three trips. He said the organizers never said anything about Saudi Arabia when they invited him.

He believed the trips were organized by other veterans, but that puzzled him, because this group spent money like no veterans group he’d ever worked with. There were private hotel rooms, open bars, free dinners. Then, Garcia said, one of the organizers who had been drinking minibar champagne mentioned a Saudi prince.

“I said, ‘Oh, we were just used to give Trump money,’” Garcia said.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Feldegast42 posted:

I think technically the Republican Party can vote to renominate him at the convention against Trump's wishes, but they ain't gonna happen.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

a little light bribery isn't illegal

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Good job Donald

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Skex posted:

As far as the drone stuff goes, it's not like we weren't killing people prior to that. Believe it or not there are indeed people who are actively trying to harm America, even considering the fact that we actually deserve it, did you see what the 9/11 attacks caused? So yeah preventing future attacks by targeting individuals who are actively trying to repeat that sort of thing is kind of important.

So the plan is what, keep bombing the Middle East until they run completely out of people, because that's the only way you're reducing the number of terrorists by blowing up weddings and cafes.

E: Also do you notice that your argument is essentially "yeah ok they have valid reasons for attacking us, let's give them 1,000 reasons more"

Honey Trap Queen
Jul 30, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Push El Burrito posted:

poo poo KM's video spread faster than I thought it would.

Honey Trap Queen fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Dec 6, 2018

Giggy
Jan 22, 2010

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

Hi, lost 2 friends to opioid overdoses and both the argument and author are fuckin' stupid.

Yeah same except more friends, also my brother is spending another 6 months in rehab for violating probation. Also, I'm a recovering addict myself.

Might surprise you to know the opioid epidemic, addiction, and substance abuse are difficult questions. Our society has an irrational view of drugs and substances. There is support for decriminalization and legalization in the recovery community and there is evidence to support it.

I'm sorry for your loss, but this is a complicated issue and there are differing opinions that are valid.

e: I'm sure there's a thread discussing this topic.

Giggy fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Dec 6, 2018

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Heh

https://twitter.com/JoeDelmonaco/status/1070454099731197952?s=19

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

RIP Milo's money grab, it died as he lived: getting banned for being a nazi pedo.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Giggy posted:

Yeah same except more friends, also my brother is spending another 6 months in rehab for violating probation. Also, I'm a recovering addict myself.

Might surprise you to know the opioid epidemic, addiction, and substance abuse are difficult questions. Our society has an irrational view of drugs and substances. There is support for decriminalization and legalization in the recovery community and there is evidence to support it.

I'm sorry for your loss, but this is a complicated issue and there are differing opinions that are valid.

The article wasn't saying to decriminalize heroin, it was saying that doctors should start prescribing it as a prescription. The author was talking about keeping it a controlled substance, but allowing pharma to wet its beak. Except maybe not, becuase it was a page and a half of build up, and then 2 sentences of "ok, let doctors prescribe heroin, see told you that you would hate the idea".

Like this is the entire part of the article that saying anything

quote:

But you don’t free slaves by killing them, and as long as fentanyl suffuses the illicit drug markets, that’s what a “tough love” policy amounts to. The drug naloxone can counter the effects of an opioid overdose, but death tolls have continued to rise even as public-health workers have made naloxone much more widely available. What about detox? About half of addicts who go through treatment are using again within six months, according to Sally Satel, a drug policy expert at the American Enterprise Institute.

That leaves two options: Keep doing what we’re doing and let addicts keep dying as they’re dying, until the opioid epidemic burns itself out. Or start talking about ways to make safe, reliable doses of opiates available to addicts who aren’t ready to stop. That would mean opening more methadone clinics and making it less onerous for doctors to prescribe buprenorphine, a relatively mild opioid that’s difficult to overdose on. But lowering the death toll may well require a more drastic step: legalizing prescriptions of stronger opiates.

Prescription heroin? Remember, I said you might not like the solution. I don’t like it, either — and frankly, neither do the drug policy researchers who told me it may be necessary. But when fentanyl took over the U.S. illicit drug markets, it also got a lot of addicts as hostages. We’ll never be able to rescue them unless we can first keep them alive long enough to be saved.

Thats the end of the article

The Glumslinger fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Dec 6, 2018

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

^^ yup, just saw this as well

https://twitter.com/Patreon/status/1070447758346137601?s=19

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
Milo has posted a response to his Patreon and Twitter, with an ad for his next book.

Giggy
Jan 22, 2010

The Glumslinger posted:

The article wasn't saying to decriminalize heroin, it was saying that doctors should start prescribing it as a prescription. The author was talking about keeping it a controlled substance, but allowing pharma to wet its beak. Except maybe not, becuase it was a page and a half of build up, and then 2 sentences of "ok, let doctors prescribe heroin, see told you that you would hate the idea".

I believe doctors should be able to prescribe Heroin to patients and addicts though.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

my posting career has finally come full circle

Giggy posted:

I believe doctors should be able to prescribe Heroin to patients and addicts though.

100% this.

Serfer
Mar 10, 2003

The piss tape is real

Giggy posted:

They might not be able to prescrible heroin, but they can prescribe fentanyl.

"Common opiates available by prescription include: codeine, hydrocodone, hydromorphone, fentanyl, methadone, morphine, tramadol, oxycodone, oxymorphone, and tapentadol. All of these agents are classified as Schedule II narcotics by the DEA."

Uncleanly Cleric
Oct 17, 2005

Koalas Massacre posted:

my posting career has finally come full circle

100% this.

Is it wrong that I'm really excited for the metapost where you use this gif to call someone an idiot?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Ague Proof posted:

Milo has posted a response to his Patreon and Twitter, with an ad for his next book.

Gets me every time.

Is that Nazi version of Patreon still aroun? They'll take him.