Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

greasyhands posted:

A big go gently caress yourself rally, China is covering Trump's rear end and trying to keep the world functional

Counting down to Trump's told ya so tweet about his "trade wars are fun and easy to win" tweet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

greasyhands posted:

A big go gently caress yourself rally, China is covering Trump's rear end and trying to keep the world functional

edit: nevermind we just had the CFO of Huwaei arrested and extradited from Canada.

well that is really weird and probably not going to work out well

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dow futures are down, market will be kill, short everything and eat trash.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

a messed up horse posted:

Dow futures are down, market will be kill, short everything and eat trash.

Flight to safety in Tesla!

The theories as to why $TSLA stayed positive Tuesday were huge short position blowing up, institutional buying, and large investor trying to keep the TSLA price above $360 bond conversion price or the company is insolvent. Either way, I expect the stock to go up Thursday and drive me further to insanity.

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

This thread title is boring and stale

Stock Trading Megathread: Market will be kill

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

Pryor on Fire posted:

This thread title is boring and stale

Stock Trading Megathread: Market will be kill

Live. Dow. Repeat.

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010
The SPY who loved me.

A QQQ to a kill.

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010
No, TSLA bonds, I expect you to die.

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

Seeing a lot of speculation that China is going to retaliate by arresting American tech executives. Are we really shifting into this new gear of the trade war where countries arrest eachother's executives to ratchet up the leverage?

Art of the deal!

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets
I’m going to short $LVS because Adelson’s permits are coming up in 2020 for renewal in Macau

greasyhands
Oct 28, 2006

Best quality posts,
freshly delivered
I keep waiting for China to drop the hammer on HLF, because they want to anyways and now this trade war gives them the excuse. Its why I have a huge jan 2020 put position. They are incredibly cheap for the amount of risk in that company. Now that we're arresting huge tech CEOs, maybe theyll go for it. Hell maybe this is what starts the next cold war.... or ground war!

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Woodchip posted:

DNK
Sep 18, 2004

Woodchip posted:

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets
Does anything bad happen when the 1 year treasury inverts with the 5 year treasury? Cause it's about to happen.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:

Lote posted:

Does anything bad happen when the 1 year treasury inverts with the 5 year treasury? Cause it's about to happen.

We'll see, won't we?

orange sky
May 7, 2007

420 market is a gently caress

Tokyo Sex Whale
Oct 9, 2012

"My butt smells like vanilla ice cream"
Transports sold off sharply past couple days, yield curve inversion, SPY and QQQ will both death cross within the next week. Out of the rule-of-thumb indicators everybody uses to tell if the world is going to end I think only copper isn’t screaming doom. No idea what trigger points for algos are but seems like there’s a lot of fuel for a selloff to accelerate fast.

Gonna start a C short today on the principle that has always served me well that they have no risk management and always out move all the other banks.

fougera
Apr 5, 2009
Algos selling stocks like CTL and T makes no sense

greasyhands
Oct 28, 2006

Best quality posts,
freshly delivered
That's what the machines want you to think

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

Lote posted:

My home inspection is today. :ohdear:

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Lote posted:

Basically any bond inversion is bad. The bigger the inversion terms are lets say 1 year inverts with the 30 year which is very unlikely the worst it gets.

E;price of gold is at a super critical level if it breaks above 1240. Could show even more pessimism toward the stock market. Gold hasn't really picked up at all even with all the selling in the stocks. So this week will be big.

Ulio fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Dec 6, 2018

greasyhands
Oct 28, 2006

Best quality posts,
freshly delivered

Lote posted:

Nothing bad ever happens, try to keep up buddy

Anyways, I think I've seen enough 'sell everything' articles this morning lets go ahead and close green

greasyhands fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Dec 6, 2018

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

greasyhands posted:

Nothing bad ever happens, try to keep up buddy

Anyways, I think I've seen enough 'sell everything' articles this morning lets go ahead and close green

Ya lol I would actually long if I go into any trades. If you wanted to short you short the rally on Monday.

Arturia
Jan 24, 2017

Can't stop clicking circles
Just sold my SNAP puts for .50 when i got in at an average of .36. Ive almost doubled my money just playing with SNAP puts this is pretty fun.

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010
Jumping in long x

Woodchip fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Dec 6, 2018

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
this is either a buying opportunity or we're all hosed

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

Gay Horney posted:

this is either a buying opportunity or we're all hosed

Do you have any idea how sympathetic the Chinese media will make the female Huawei executive look? (rhetorical question) We're really poking the hornet's nest.

greasyhands
Oct 28, 2006

Best quality posts,
freshly delivered
This is the most boring selloff

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

greasyhands posted:

This is the most boring selloff

Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Lmao 100 more pts and DJIA gonna hit a free fall.

A good bounce is possible at 24200 range but I think that might be just a dead cat bounce and especially with December always being one of the strongest months due to consumer products doing well.

Is the December fed fund hike accounted for already in the price? Who knows.

Ulio fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Dec 6, 2018

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Ulio posted:

Lmao 100 more pts and DJIA gonna hit a free fall.

YES WE CAN

greasyhands
Oct 28, 2006

Best quality posts,
freshly delivered
The markets are crashing and Donald Trump hasnt tweeted in ove r12 hours (his last tweet was cherry picking an outlier Rasmussen poll to brag that his approval rating was up). Any speculation that he is actually dead?

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Market down almost 10% since the highest of October. January correction was 13% from it's highs.

But that was pre tariffs, economic slowdown and fed fund rate hikes.

E: EU markets closed at 52 week lows and China has been in full bear market for a while now.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Trade deficit is the highest it's been in 10+ years. China now looking to arrest American tech executives in retaliation. Trade wars are good and easy to win

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets
Flight to safety in TSLA!

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010
Stopped out of x for a small gain

Anf wants to keep going up.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Syrinxx posted:

Trade deficit is the highest it's been in 10+ years. China now looking to arrest American tech executives in retaliation. Trade wars are good and easy to win

Also November is the first month where the actual was lower than the consensus so the deficit is even worse than expected. They need to sell those soy beans to someone but China has a epidemic among it's pig herd so I doubt they will buy any. They already stockpiled a bunch of soybean of the Brazilians.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
I haven't looked at the market today, I don't think I will

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

BlackMK4 posted:

I haven't looked at the market today, I don't think I will

Tesla up 2%. Trump escalating trade was with China. 5yr and 1yr got within 2 bps.

So things looking up for TSLA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
What's with this supposed coming debt explosion everyone's going on about? I presume it'll trash the markets, too?