Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark

Turtlicious posted:

You're giving me unprompted medical advice, i think it's fair to ask you where you're getting your info from.

You're the one giving unprompted medical advice you jackass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
. im done with this derail, im not going to stop taking my antidepressants just because you guys really want me too

Turtlicious has a new favorite as of 06:42 on Dec 6, 2018

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Strawberry is the best ice-cream flavour and it's a tragedy and an outrage that the good brands only sell it in combination with chocolate and vanilla. I can get a whole 4 litres of cheap, lovely strawberry ice-cream, or buy good strawberry ice-cream but 2/3rds of the tub is other, less good flavours.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
I would never tell or even suggest to anyone to stop taking any prescribed medication, I am not a doctor.

Mods, please rename me "your genetic fiancé".

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Yeah the solution is that every fat person should see a therapist and take anti depressants

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Mu Zeta posted:

Yeah the solution is that every fat person should see a therapist and take anti depressants

No, gently caress off.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Tiggum posted:

Strawberry is the best ice-cream flavour and it's a tragedy and an outrage that the good brands only sell it in combination with chocolate and vanilla. I can get a whole 4 litres of cheap, lovely strawberry ice-cream, or buy good strawberry ice-cream but 2/3rds of the tub is other, less good flavours.

I've never seen neapolitan ice cream that was the good stuff. It's always the absolute cheapest ice cream I could ever imagine.

I do agree it's a disgusting combination that ruins all three flavors and I have no idea how it's been such a mainstay.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

veni veni veni posted:

I've never seen neapolitan ice cream that was the good stuff. It's always the absolute cheapest ice cream I could ever imagine.

I do agree it's a disgusting combination that ruins all three flavors and I have no idea how it's been such a mainstay.

And of the three it ruins strawberry the most. Bad vanilla is just bland, bad chocolate is still chocolate, but bad strawberry tastes weird.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Tubgoat posted:

No, gently caress off.

What else is left if calories don't mean anything

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the big bang theory's representation of autism is really gross.

Crespolini
Mar 9, 2014

Right... The big bang theory. I see.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Turtlicious posted:

the big bang theory's representation of autism is really gross.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

The only time I've sat down with that show on for any amount of time, my main thought was "Holy poo poo, if someone put this on youtube and claimed the laugh track was a joke edit, I'd 100% believe it"

*WOOOOO!!!!* Every *HOHOHOH* other *HA! HAHAH!* sentence *CLAPS AND CHUCKLES*

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Although the edit where they remove the laugh track to show how unfunny the show is is kind of a cheap shot imo since removing the laugh track from any sitcom would probably have the same effect.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

christmas boots posted:

Although the edit where they remove the laugh track to show how unfunny the show is is kind of a cheap shot imo since removing the laugh track from any sitcom would probably have the same effect.

Yeah but that is only because sitcoms generally aren't actually funny.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

veni veni veni posted:

Several of them were filmed in front of a live studio audience you cur

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

christmas boots posted:

Several of them were filmed in front of a live studio audience you cur

Because live studio audiences are hogs who'll literally cheer for anything

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

veni veni veni posted:

I've never seen neapolitan ice cream that was the good stuff.
Peters.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I was sad that an australian company had a boring name like Peters but clicked and was relieved to see they sell Peters BillaBong and Aussie Classic Fruit Tingles.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

MizPiz posted:

Because live studio audiences are hogs who'll literally cheer for anything

yeah people will laugh their rear end off at almost anything if they go in expecting to see something funny. Someone laughing and then having a "wait, that wasn't funny, why are we laughing" moment is extremely common. Plus if you were being a downer the staff would probably ask you to leave (I don't know if this actually happens, but it would make sense if it did) and let someone else in that will play along.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Big Bang Theory, as terribly unfunny as it is, isn't even close to as harmful to American political discourse as Last Man Standing or the Murphy Brown reboot. After seeing a couple episodes of Murphy Brown, I felt like I owed Chuck Lorre and Tim Allen an apology.

Last Man Standing may be down-punching tripe wherein the lead actor is not actually acting with regards to his lines and delivery, but Murphy Brown is purestrain SUCC.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Mu Zeta posted:

What else is left if calories don't mean anything

embracing the absurdity and meaninglessness of life

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

yeah I eat rear end posted:

yeah people will laugh their rear end off at almost anything if they go in expecting to see something funny. Someone laughing and then having a "wait, that wasn't funny, why are we laughing" moment is extremely common. Plus if you were being a downer the staff would probably ask you to leave (I don't know if this actually happens, but it would make sense if it did) and let someone else in that will play along.
Unless you're being actively disruptive they're not going to ask you to leave. What they do is just tell you at the start that your reactions are part of the show so you need to be louder / more vocal than normal, and if you don't get a joke to pretend that you do, etc. And they'll get you to do some practice reactions to set expectations (like, "When I count to three you cheer. One, two, three! Nope, louder than that. Let's try again.") Most people will go along with it so it doesn't matter if there are a few people here and there not laughing.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
A real example is stand up comedy, I think. If the comic is talented it's almost always funnier in person. If the comic isn't talented then at least a sizeable chunk of the live audience is drinking and maybe enjoying the "wow this guy sucks" experience so you still kinda feel like laughing.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

The Big Bang Theory was never trying to be anything but a show you turn on in the background while you play on your phone. It's made to be that and it does it just fine. I never really got the hate it gets on here. I'm assuming because it doesn't portray "nerd culture" very positively.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
If it's decent when you are only half watching it imagine how good it'd be if you didn't watch it at all.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Solice Kirsk posted:

The Big Bang Theory was never trying to be anything but a show you turn on in the background while you play on your phone. It's made to be that and it does it just fine. I never really got the hate it gets on here. I'm assuming because it doesn't portray "nerd culture" very positively.

Because people like my parents watch it and regress socially, and they have to watch all of it, even though they laugh at it about as frequently as I, though for different reasons. Also the writing is mad lazy, even for a sitcom.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
The only good gag on BBT is this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdi3FIrsHgo

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Eh.

CrRoMa
Nov 12, 2017

by R. Guyovich
My girlfriend used to watch a lot of big bang theory and id sit and watch it with her.

Mostly because i find Mayim Bialik deliriously attractive.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
She is very attractive, but so are plenty of other Zionists in favor of wholesale Palestinian genocide.

Nintendo's textile-based platformers have great soundtracks to which to eat French toast in one's underwear.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

spit on my clit posted:

rear end in a top hat beat his kids and psychologically tormented em, there's only a few ways to be worse than that

I believe he was also a Roman Catholic.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Tubgoat posted:

She is very attractive, but so are plenty of other Zionists in favor of wholesale Palestinian genocide.

Nintendo's textile-based platformers have great soundtracks to which to eat French toast in one's underwear.

I went on a date with a Zionist a few months ago! She asked me if I was circumcised (first date by the way, like one drink in), asked me if I'd consider becoming Jewish, let me know even if I did it wouldn't make me a real Jew, and said that it was her and her people's job to lead the rest of us through the end of days.

Despite not liking basically anything about me besides my circumcision, she still wanted to go home with me. I politely ended the date. Probably the worst decision I've ever made because I can't even imagine how great the sex would have been to equal that amount of crazy.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
From my estimation, you made the right choice. See also: Thicc Nazi Waifu

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

veni veni veni posted:

The Nanny is the only good sitcom.

GIANT OUIJA BOARD
Aug 22, 2011

177 Years of Your Dick
All
Night
Non
Stop

Tubgoat posted:

From my estimation, you made the right choice. See also: Thicc Nazi Waifu

...go on...

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
A pic that was going around C-SPAM, I'll see if I can google it up.
Google ain't showin' it, I'll link if I can get someone to repost it.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Dan Nainan should host the Oscars

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Gripweed posted:

Dan Nainan should host the Oscars

gently caress the oscars! Nothin but an ego wank-fest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrRoMa
Nov 12, 2017

by R. Guyovich
I feel like i got excited for awards shows when i was about 8 and then watched a couple and realised it was boring self wankery and havnt watched any since