Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I think they meant to use the word "pregnant."

But if that was the case they could also send up a team of all men.

(insert Ian Malcolm "Life finds a way" gif.)

EDIT: New page, awesome.

Android Apocalypse has a new favorite as of 00:06 on Dec 6, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Android Apocalypse posted:

EDIT: New page, awesome.

It was specifically to prevent "impure thoughts" soooo

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

They're not fighting, they're just a pair of Australians speaking in sign language.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

go space force

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Android Apocalypse posted:

Women are smaller and lighter though. Every kg counts. Women are the superior space gender.

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

We've recently learned that women are often shocked and repulsed by unsolicited dick pics. Meanwhile men are generally not repulsed by unsolicited tit pics. Ergo, men have more impure thoughts than women. QED
It's science.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

What about unsolicited vulva pics? Compare Apples to Apples, science.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

some reed richards rear end looking motherfucker, smoking a pipe probably posted:

well fellas i'd say we've solved our little 'fluid dynamics' issue! send the little ladies up to mars and we won't have to worry about the kind of juvenile behavior we'd get from those air force fly boys. although i gotta say, i don't know if we'll be able to fit enough wool in there for all the knitting they'll be doing, am i right?

the ghost of Feynman posted:

"aggressively plays bongo drums"

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Kwyndig posted:

What about unsolicited vulva pics? Compare Apples to Apples, science.

Women would never do that. We are too pure of thought.

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

But enough about burning man.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Took me a few moments.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

It took way too long to find this pic

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

bare bottom pancakes posted:

It's a good thing lesbians and bisexuals don't exist

Plus, they do have one Koch among them.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

My brain won't process this as anything but steps to nowhere.:psyduck:

gbut
Mar 28, 2008

😤I put the UN🇺🇳 in 🎊FUN🎉

Yeah, what are we looking at? Fake steps made out of thin sheet metal? Architectural detail? Peak postmodernism?

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

gbut posted:

Yeah, what are we looking at? Fake steps made out of thin sheet metal? Architectural detail? Peak postmodernism?

My guess is Thomassons

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/BDCThug/status/1070452206711816192

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

quote:

The term Thomasson comes from the professional baseball player Gary Thomasson, who was signed by the Yomiuri Giants for a record-breaking sum of money, and spent his final two seasons with the team (1981–1982) coming close to setting the league strikeout record before being benched.[2] Akasegawa viewed Thomasson's useless position on the team as a fitting analogy for "an object, part of a building, that was maintained in good condition, but with no purpose, to the point of becoming a work of art."
Lmao that's cold as gently caress

dumb.
Apr 11, 2014

-=💀=-

Well drat, I just learned something new. I feel so cultured.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Too many dropped packets.

:golfclap:

Solice Kirsk posted:

My plan, gentlemen, is to walk this trail starting in January with nothing but Chex Mix and a stroller with a Hinckley and Schmidt bottle strapped in it. I will do this to raise awareness about snow tires.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://ve.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_p93y8xFaM11r5zq6a.mp4

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

zedprime posted:

Trans Siberian Orchestra's Christmas Eve is originally from a concept album about the Bosnian War by Savatage. It's just an arrangement of God Rest Ye Merry Gentleman but in the liner notes it explains it's based on the story of a dude who played cello in the Sarajevo city center despite the war. On Christmas Eve he was playing Christmas carols, until something exploded and then he wasn't. In the morning people found that he got hit by a mortar. Maybe apocryphal but very metal.

From several pages back, but it's also like the angriest sounding Christmas song ever.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://twitter.com/kennykeil/status/1070066158856892416

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Vasectomies. Vasectomies and bidets. Change your life.

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

JoelJoel posted:

Vasectomies. Vasectomies and bidets. Change your life.

Vasectomies (and tubal ligations) aren't 100% effective.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

"Alright lads, we sent up the all-lady crew to avoid them from having sex with each other, how's it going"
"well sir, on that front, I have some bad news, and also some good news"

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope

That building looks pretty modern. It's at least been extensively renovated relatively recently. I doubt they'd do all that and just leave the weirdo steps. Cool article though.

Lonely Women to be Sealed in Space Capsule Together Scientists Fantasize

AKA Pseudonym has a new favorite as of 06:10 on Dec 6, 2018

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Blackchamber posted:

The company was starting to lose money and they sent out surveys to ask managers why they thought we were doing so poorly. The answer to that was we were competing with ourselves because they had so many licensing agreements, why buy it from us (if you remember how overpriced everything was) when Target was selling Hello Kitty stuff for cheap?

Anyways they wanted to know what lines weren't selling well and why we thought that was. I told them that they had almost eliminated Badtz Maru stuff, and when customers came in with boys and girls we didn't have anything that they'd see as 'boy stuff'. Pochaco was normally very neutral and that'd be our next go-to but they started all these lines where Pochaco was sporting rainbows and cherries, etc. so I told them Pochaco was probably gay (not being derogatory, it just is what it is) and parents didn't want to buy it for their boys. Apparently they got the message and the next major line he had was him on a scooter minus cherries and rainbows.
What the hell did you just make me Google?

Yes, I really did mean Pochacco, apparently :mad:

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

AKA Pseudonym posted:

That building looks pretty modern. It's at least been extensively renovated relatively recently. I doubt they'd do all that and just leave the weirdo steps. Cool article though.

Lonely Women to be Sealed in Space Capsule Together Scientists Fantasize

Nah property developers, even well established ones, are always very precarious so it's entirely possible they ran out of money part way through and had to readjust or scale back the plans.

The part of the building with those stairs to nowhere is a very different architectural style from the bottom floor so I think it's much more likely that they renovated the bottom floor into a more modern building and in doing so got rid of whatever the stairs connected with.

voiceless anal fricative has a new favorite as of 07:14 on Dec 6, 2018

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib

And the first astronaut to have a door for an arm? Very progressive!

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Fun fact. The only people who've ever spent more than a year in space are men. No-one has ever had sex in space, because it's actually hard to, well, get hard in zero G.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Knormal posted:

What the hell did you just make me Google?

Yes, I really did mean Pochacco, apparently :mad:

HAHA sorry, there is supposed to be two 'C'-s
This is the line that followed Pochacco Cherry, Pochacco Scooter.

I checked ebay and I cant find any examples of the Cherry line, probably owing to it selling so poorly and theres poo poo on here that was on the shelves when I started working there in like early 2000s.

Blackchamber has a new favorite as of 07:59 on Dec 6, 2018

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

Paladinus posted:

Fun fact. The only people who've ever spent more than a year in space are men. No-one has ever had sex in space, because it's actually hard to, well, get hard in zero G.

Not buying it. The first person in space was the first person to masturbate in space, and the first two people in space were the first people to have sex in space. I don't care whether or not it's impossible to get hard up there, they found a way. Because there's not a drat person alive, now or back then, that would give up the honor of being the first person to whack it or gently caress in space.

EDIT: Come to think of it, the first manned mission to Mars better hold a lottery for the honor to be the first to do each of these things or else there's gonna be a mad dash to stick things into other things the second they enter orbit, and I'm sure all those controls in the cockpit or whatever are a bitch to clean.

HPanda has a new favorite as of 08:14 on Dec 6, 2018

Elohssa Gib
Aug 30, 2006

Easily Amused
Since I just got caught up I'm bringing back Christmas music chat with my current favorite I just found a couple days ago.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1_qhKppEDo

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xj3pJudQi7A

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Memento posted:

"Alright lads, we sent up the all-lady crew to avoid them from having sex with each other, how's it going"
"well sir, on that front, I have some bad news, and also some good news"

What's the good news and the bad news cuz "them loving" could be both. Or is that the joke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Milo and POTUS posted:

What's the good news and the bad news cuz "them loving" could be both. Or is that the joke

:thejoke: