Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hallebarrysoetoro
Jun 14, 2003

ikanreed posted:

Remember George Bush's grandfather plotting a Nazi takeover of the US?

but what if america was always nazi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
harriet miers called bush cool

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

when Joy Ann Reid "owned" Killer Mike for his NRA support and somehow part of her burn was how her blouses were bespoke, not the kind of poo poo that plebs could buy

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!

ikanreed posted:

Remember George Bush's grandfather plotting a Nazi takeover of the US?

I would like to know more about this one

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Accident Underwater posted:

I would like to know more about this one

This meshes with what I understand to be true:

https://timeline.com/business-plot-overthrow-fdr-9a59a012c32a

tldr: A whole bunch of Wall Street tycoons got real mad at FDR over the New Deal and plotted a coup. It fell apart when they tried to recruit Marine Corps General Smedley "The Fighting Quaker" Butler, who exposed the whole thing. Prescott Bush, father of Bush Sr., was implicated but no one was charged and few actually testified.

There's a lot of dispute about exactly how real the coup actually was and how much was Butler baiting a bunch of pissed off plutocrats into treason.

Historical consensus is that it was probably about as real as one of those terrorist plots the FBI cooks up from time to time where they find some idiot who would be a terrorist but lacks the means, in that the "ringleaders" would absolutely have been down with a coup, but lacked even the basic ability to conceive a plan, let alone execute a successful coup.

But, at a minimum, it places the patriarch of one of the most successful political families in modern America in the same social circles as a whole bunch of vaguely fascist plutocrats planning a coup.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

it's amazing that these captains of industry chose the only general that would be outright hostile lmfao.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

really queer Christmas posted:

it's amazing that these captains of industry chose the only general that would be outright hostile lmfao.

They probably wanted a hero of the people to legitimize them, believing quite reasonably that career types are almost all facists

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
rob ford

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

beat his wife

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pu_hkbBueOg

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

really queer Christmas posted:

quote:

In 1935, Butler wrote a book titled War Is a Racket, where he described and criticized the workings of the United States in its foreign actions and wars, such as those he was a part of, including the American corporations and other imperialist motivations behind them.

:snoo:

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

quote:

I spent 33 years and four months in active military service and during that period I spent most of my time as a high class muscle man for Big Business, for Wall Street and the bankers. In short, I was a racketeer; a gangster for capitalism. I helped make Mexico and especially Tampico safe for American oil interests in 1914. I helped make Haiti and Cuba a decent place for the National City Bank boys to collect revenues in. I helped in the raping of half a dozen Central American republics for the benefit of Wall Street. I helped purify Nicaragua for the International Banking House of Brown Brothers in 1902–1912. I brought light to the Dominican Republic for the American sugar interests in 1916. I helped make Honduras right for the American fruit companies in 1903. In China in 1927 I helped see to it that Standard Oil went on its way unmolested. Looking back on it, I might have given Al Capone a few hints. The best he could do was to operate his racket in three districts. I operated on three continents.

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
War is a Racket was probably the birth of my radicalism

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Incdredible.

https://i.imgur.com/DWY4Oq8.gifv

A Handed Missus has issued a correction as of 13:50 on Dec 4, 2018

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

A Handed Missus posted:

when Joy Ann Reid "owned" Killer Mike for his NRA support and somehow part of her burn was how her blouses were bespoke, not the kind of poo poo that plebs could buy

When progressive thought Killer Mike had good politics

https://twitter.com/KillerMike/status/962944111526465536?s=19

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

When progressive thought Killer Mike had good politics

https://twitter.com/KillerMike/status/962944111526465536?s=19

compassionate capitalist :yikes:

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

sailor

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
lol legit forgot about this one

https://twitter.com/krangtnelson/status/1070178098086375424?s=21

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

GalacticAcid posted:

***********************************************************************************short time later***********************************************************************************

***********************************************************************************even shorter time later***********************************************************************************

https://twitter.com/nycjim/status/899975320715096064

bump

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8FWH747HBs

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Dear Richard,

Juche Couture
Feb 3, 2007

I guess they have a sense of humour about being consistently wrong.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Grant Kidney was one of my favorite grifter personalities and i wish he hadn't vanished

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
gavin mcinnes shoving buttplugs up his rear end to own the libs lol

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Alan Smithee posted:

why did he even do this
i didnt watych the clip

Ayatollah Hermione
Apr 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747

paul_soccer10 posted:

why did he even do this
i didnt watych the clip

the same reason alex jones put on a frog costume with a tutu

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

That time during the 2008 VP debate where the forums hosed up and repeated one guy posting BUSH'S BRAIN for 5 pages

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2973425&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=76

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Alan Smithee posted:

don't forget his fans pointing out his suspiciously well-manicured and bleached anus

cool dance moves
Aug 27, 2018

BRICS sure was a thing huh

ShriekingMarxist posted:

Grant Kidney was one of my favorite grifter personalities and i wish he hadn't vanished

isn't this the same guy that insisted he had a TOTALLY HOT GIRLFRIEND and then the woman in question said he was a loving creep who hit on her constantly despite her obvious rejection?

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIfGyBrj-_c

if a guy wearing tweedle dee pants got in my face like that i might have panicked

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice
William Happer, the director of the doe office of science under HW and national security advisor to Trump, compared the 'demonization' of co2 to the Nazi demonization of Jews.

“The comment I made was just that the demonization of carbon dioxide is just like the demonization of the poor Jews under Hitler. Carbon dioxide is actually a benefit to the world, and so were the Jews.”

jerry seinfel
Jun 25, 2007

Jated Kushner's entire family doing a presentation in china saying BRIBE US TO GETWHATEVER YOU WANT FROM TRUMP, getting caught, and nothing happening

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
remember how trump sent goons to his office to rummage through his files to grab trump's hard copies

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Welcome to the Fantasy Zone!

Get ready!
Pictured below are two key players in Robert Mueller's Russian Collusion investigation.

HobbitGrease
Jul 24, 2001

Young Orc
This past Thanksgiving, I saw some small business--a Dish network resale store or some poo poo--in central Virginia that still had a 'PRESIDENT OBAMA - I *DID* BUILD THAT! WITHOUT ANY GOVERNMENT HELP!' sign in its window.

lol that they're still mad about that after 6 years

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

i just remembered that Sean Hannity is one of Michael Cohen's only three clients

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Sheriff David Clarke's Zhukov-like chest full of medals were basically all novelty chuck e cheese type fakes