Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Darth TNT posted:

I really hate the Fourze belt. I like the 3-2-1 countdown and actual henshin. But 4 trinkets that you have to switch on are just too much for me somehow. In addition, the voice makes my ears bleed. :(

Fourze was the one that I disliked at first and then it really grew on me as the episodes went on and in the end it ended up as my #5 favorite belt in a really goofy list I made for a discord channel that rated belts that took into account things like posing and such in addition to sounds, mechanics and design.

The 4 switches is all part of the charm, it's just like a pilot flicking on all the switches to start up the engines and other flight preparations-- presumably this happens in a shuttle launch too-- and it just ties into the whole theme beautifully.

But for sure, when it was first shown and for the first episodes I thought it was a hunk of ugly empty plastic that didn't really do anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaezerus
Mar 24, 2008

God? Or perhaps a devil?
Show me which you'll choose!
The Fourze Driver is a real cool chonky cumbersome belt for a Rider whose arsenal gimmick is increasingly ridiculous and cumbersome poo poo being bolted to his limbs but having four separate voice-modulations for its callouts is at best grating as hell.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
Fourze having a driver that had a robot voice talking was one of the things that really drew me into the series early on. I love that stupid belt.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Potsticker posted:

Fourze was the one that I disliked at first and then it really grew on me as the episodes went on and in the end it ended up as my #5 favorite belt in a really goofy list I made for a discord channel that rated belts that took into account things like posing and such in addition to sounds, mechanics and design.

The 4 switches is all part of the charm, it's just like a pilot flicking on all the switches to start up the engines and other flight preparations-- presumably this happens in a shuttle launch too-- and it just ties into the whole theme beautifully.

But for sure, when it was first shown and for the first episodes I thought it was a hunk of ugly empty plastic that didn't really do anything.

I do now have a newfound respect for the driver. I never made the connection between the many switches on the belt and the many switches in a cockpit. Neat design choice.

I feel a bit stupid for not making that connection, because the amount of thought and puns/details that go into the belts is pretty insane.

Now the question remains, which was your #1 and why?

I didn't like the Ghost belt much, it's okay. But the Mega Ulorder from Necrom. :allears: That suave manly voice. "YES~SIR!"

I briefly mentioned it earlier, but I find the Zi-O driver pretty fun as well. Sure it's huge, but it has that silly spin calling a clock to mind and a neat voice. The armors it summons making the rider of choice trademark pose is pretty neat as well.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
I forget if it was here or elsewhere, but I also found an explanation or two for why Fourze's Switches are the shapes they are. Circle, X, Triangle, and Square are all equally readily identifiable from any angle- something I imagine would be important if they were floating around in zero gravity or needing to look at them though a clunky spacesuit. Similarly, they went across the belt (I think, I'm going off memory here) for the number of lines needed to draw each shape. Circle only needs one, X is two lines ect.

Shaezerus
Mar 24, 2008

God? Or perhaps a devil?
Show me which you'll choose!

Darth TNT posted:

I can't say no to the WizarDriver for being incredibly sleek, simple, kind of genius in its presentation, and a filled ring-holster chain looks super rad.

The Timespace Driver on the other hand has a built-in radio-show chorus and that's just great.

Darth TNT posted:

I didn't like the Ghost belt much, it's okay.

Ghost Driver got significantly better once people realized you could take off the boring transparent plastic shell and reveal the sick robo-cyclops underneath.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I'm not sure which is my #1, but I'll give credit to Faiz's belts because I really liked the style they were going for. They were big, and existed at all times, you had the characters actually carrying their stuff instead of pulling clunky belts out of their rear end as is normal in modern Rider (and I dislike it, a lot!). The cellphones were a pretty nice way to interface with them, and all of it worked perfectly with Faiz's techy aesthetic. Too bad the series wasn't nearly as good as its designs...

Ex-Aid's Buggle Driver is another I really like. The Gamer Driver is a bit too big and gaudy for my taste (though I like it in action), but the Buggle Driver was sleek and still used Gashats perfectly. Plus, being able to switch between belt and weapon is very neat. I'm more fond of the original's colours and sounds (GENOCIDE!), but II is also good.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

PMush Perfect posted:

Took me a second to figure out why Kabuto was a man running.

I don't get that one

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

I don't get that one

People run in Kabuto. A lot. Usually at very high speeds.

You know, it's only the main gimmick of the show.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

gently caress y'all, I love RoKEtoDoRIru On

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Shaezerus posted:

The Fourze Driver is a real cool chonky cumbersome belt for a Rider whose arsenal gimmick is increasingly ridiculous and cumbersome poo poo being bolted to his limbs but having four separate voice-modulations for its callouts is at best grating as hell.
How dare you, they have four voices so that Cosmic can make them sing as a chorus!

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
This is a strictly unscientific and inconsequential poll: anyone have feelings for or against subs of when the belts sing?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Caphi posted:

This is a strictly unscientific and inconsequential poll: anyone have feelings for or against subs of when the belts sing?

For. If something is said, I want to understand what is being said. And considering just how much the belts say nowadays, ignoring them is the same as ignoring a character talking.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Darth TNT posted:

I went with OOOs. From the jingles to the awesome posing to the very satisfying clicks as the medals slot into place and then again as the front face is tilted it's just absolutely fantastic. There's no wasted space on the thing and mmmmmmaybe the only downside is that the scanner is a separate part that does the majority of the actual work, but that's something I'm only really thinking about now and wasn't in the write-up.

The top 5 in full:
1. OOO
2. Den-O
3. Decade
4. Faiz
5. Fourze

Not having the W Driver was rough, because the gaia memory sounds along with the Decadriver's are basically the very best callouts, but both belts lost points for weak, similar posing and while the music is pretty good, it doesn't stack up next to belts like Den-O's or OOO's.

Blaze Dragon posted:

I'm not sure which is my #1, but I'll give credit to Faiz's belts because I really liked the style they were going for. They were big, and existed at all times, you had the characters actually carrying their stuff instead of pulling clunky belts out of their rear end as is normal in modern Rider (and I dislike it, a lot!). The cellphones were a pretty nice way to interface with them, and all of it worked perfectly with Faiz's techy aesthetic. Too bad the series wasn't nearly as good as its designs...

Faiz is the gold standard for me on how to treat the belts. They feel like real things that exist in the world with how they have carrying cases and don't just magically appear in peoples' hands or around their waists. And then there's (mostly) no bologna about how only the main character can use their belt. Which from a storytelling perspective how that played out is definitely a complaint I've heard about Faiz, it's an aspect that really worked for me.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Blaze Dragon posted:

People run in Kabuto. A lot. Usually at very high speeds.

You know, it's only the main gimmick of the show.

Oh God

Duh

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Caphi posted:

I like subs translating it because usually it's neat and I want to know what the neat thing is

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I'm a big fan of Zi-O's spinning belt thing because its a culmination of all the previous belts. It lights up, it moves, it yells at you. Previous belts did 1-2 of things. It does all three. Behold, the overlord of all drivers has arrived.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Potsticker posted:

Faiz is the gold standard for me on how to treat the belts. They feel like real things that exist in the world with how they have carrying cases and don't just magically appear in peoples' hands or around their waists. And then there's (mostly) no bologna about how only the main character can use their belt. Which from a storytelling perspective how that played out is definitely a complaint I've heard about Faiz, it's an aspect that really worked for me.

I'm not sure why anyone would complain about it. It makes perfect sense in the setting, the belts are weapons, weapons do not limit themselves to magical people. They're created as weapons, and are used as such, thus they can get switched so long as the user meets a really basic requirement (Orphenoch DNA, and not even that in the case of Delta). It works very well.

That said, are Rider belts usually that restrictive? I'm now interested, let's see...
-Arcle (Kuuga's): technically usable by anyone, but after it gets an user it enters their body so good luck getting it out.
-Alter Ring/Meta Factor/Ank Point (Agito/Gills/Another Agito): created from the Overlord of Light's seed, so only usable by those that carry it.
--G3 and derivatives: no belt, only armour, can be worn by anyone.
-Advent Deck/V-Buckle (Ryuki, etc.): usable by anyone, though rarely passed due to the secrecy of the Mirror World.
-Faiz Drivers: as said before, usable by anyone with Orphenoch DNA, even if they aren't Orphenochs themselves.
--Delta Driver: usable by anyone.
-Blade Buckles: only usable by those with high synchro ratings.
--Chalice Rouzer: part of Joker's body, so only usable by Joker Undeads.
-Hibiki forks and the like: I have no idea about Hibiki.
-Kabuto Zecters: unclear in most cases, though they're passed between people semi-regularly so they don't seem to be completely limited, at the very least. The Kabuto and Gatack Zecters (presumably the Dark Kabuto Zecter as well) were created for specific users however.
-Den-O Belt: usable only by Singularity Points and Imagin.
--Zeronos Belt: theoretically usable by anyone, though only ever used by Yuto due to secrecy and high cost of usage.
-Kivats: usable by anyone, though they'll kill human users.
--IXA Knuckle: usable by anyone, constantly switches hands to prove it.
--Sagarc: unclear. Never used by anyone other than Taiga, so it may be locked to him or to Fangires.
-Decadriver: created for Tsukasa's personal use, likely locked to him as the Destroyer of Worlds.
--Diendriver: apparently usable by anyone since Kaito just stole it and used it without issue.
-Double Driver: half-locked to Philip, but the other half could be used by anyone willing to ride with the devil.
--Lost Driver: usable by anyone, and in fact used by several people throughout the series.
--Accel Driver: unclear, but likely locked to those with high compatibility with the Accel Memory, like Terui.
-OOO Driver: usable by anyone, though extremely risky to those with desire.
--Birth Driver: usable by anyone, used by several people.
--Aqua/Poseidon Drivers: unclear, likely usable by anyone. The former is unsuited for those with hydrophobia, however.
-Fourze Driver: usable by anyone with a strong enough body.
--Meteor Driver: unclear, but likely usable by anyone.
--Nadesico Driver: part of Nadesico's body, so only usable by her.
-WizarDriver/Magician's Belt/White WizarDriver: usable only by those that fell to despair and then regained hope.
--Beast Driver: usable by anyone, though likely can't change users at all upon activation due to Chimaera taking residence inside its user.
-Sengoku Driver: usable by anyone, though the first version would then lock itself on the user and couldn't change at all.
--Genesis Driver: usable by anyone, with varying effects depending on writer's whim user.
-Drive Driver/Mr. Belt: unclear. Seems to be limited to specific people, since Kiriko failed to transform, but it's extremely unclear what said people need to possess to use it. Nonetheless, it can be used by both humans (Shinnosuke) and Roidmudes (Chase).
--Mach Driver Honoo: unclear. May have the same limitations as the Drive Driver.
--Mass-Produced Mach Driver: usable by anyone, but also completely useless.
-Ghost Driver: usable only by...uhh...who knows. It's clearly limited but it's unclear what said limit is, it's not being dead as one would expect.
--Grateful Driver: only usable by those acknowledged by all the Heroes, which right now means only Takeru.
--Necrom Driver: unclear. May be usable by anyone, since the incomplete version has several users.
-Gamer Driver: usable by any human that has undergone the right surgery or has natural immunity to Game Illness, as well as any Bugster with human DNA.
--Buggle Driver: unclear. Can be used by complete Bugsters to take their Bugster form, but it's unclear whether only Kuroto can use it for a Rider form or it's usable by anyone that fits the Gamer Driver requirements.
--Buggle Driver II: only usable by Bugsters and humans with natural immunity to Game Illness.
--Gashat Gear Dual: unclear. May be usable only by Parad or by Bugsters since Taiga and Hiiro use the Gamer Driver alongside their own, but they also use a Beta version rather than the full one.
--Kamen Rider Chronicle Gashat: usable by anyone, and in fact created to be used by as many people as possible.
-Build Driver: usable by anyone whose Hazard Level is 3 or higher.
--Sclash Driver: usable by anyone whose Hazard Level is 4 or higher.
-Ziku Driver: unclear. May be limited to those that can become kings. This may become clearer once we learn more about where the Geiz Ridewatch came from.

coconono posted:

I'm a big fan of Zi-O's spinning belt thing because its a culmination of all the previous belts. It lights up, it moves, it yells at you. Previous belts did 1-2 of things. It does all three. Behold, the overlord of all drivers has arrived.

I like that as well. By design, the Ziku Driver is meant to be what every belt leads to. Even beyond that, instead of having the sounds in the belt or in the collectibles, it has sounds in both, allowing it to keep expanding forever so long as it uses the text that's already in the belt (this is actually more limited than just having collectibles with the sounds, but I can see why they'd go this way).

Also that time Sougo transformed by getting kicked? That was awesome. Reminded me of Boukenger and how they'd spin that transformation device against whatever they could to trigger the transformation.

Blaze Dragon fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Dec 5, 2018

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

That makes me wanna watch Boukenger.

My favorite belt is still the Double Driver. I bought it despite it being overpriced as soon as I finished the show because I had to have it. The transformation is slick, the sounds are great, and the design is perfect.

There're a lot of good belts, but that one can't be topped for me. Mr. Belt was really good too though.

EDIT: I guess my top three would probably be Double -> Decade -> Fourze. Decade's slamming closed is almost as good as W's yanking open but I prefer the Gaia Memories to cards. Fourze's lever is similar to Ex-Aid's, but the Gamer Driver is a bit too bulky and Fourze's transformation is better than most. (Only Kiriya's kicking comes close.)

Cipher Pol 9 fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Dec 6, 2018

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Best belt is Kabuto zector. 1 2 3 Rider Kick was so good.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

I absolutely adore the Ziku Driver spinning around. The Ride Watches seem pretty good and it's got a nice display on the front.

Blaze Dragon posted:

I'm not sure why anyone would complain about it. It makes perfect sense in the setting, the belts are weapons, weapons do not limit themselves to magical people. They're created as weapons, and are used as such, thus they can get switched so long as the user meets a really basic requirement (Orphenoch DNA, and not even that in the case of Delta). It works very well.

The complaints are about how the Faiz Gear is passed around so much. And the drama that it causes. I think it's a fair complaint because Faiz does get a bit heavy on the drama. I still love it, but I understand for sure.

Blaze Dragon posted:

That said, are Rider belts usually that restrictive? I'm now interested, let's see...

A lot of your list is "well, it could be used by anyone" but that's not what we see in these shows. Fourze we only see Kengo fail to use it and Gentarou succeed-- and that's it, for instance.

As an aside, for the Zectors iirc it's that they have some autonomy in who they choose?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Faiz is still one of my fave rider series because of all the drama. I gotta download and watch that again.

The Divine Orator
Dec 31, 2008

Getter into the Future, Ryouma-Chan~
Yeah, the belts themselves are usable by anyone but the Zecters choose their wielders for the most part, though they come to the Natives by default I guess???? Mishima forces THEBEE into it's slot the one time but THEBEE just seems like it has incredibly low standards for it's users lmao. Kabuto definitely like, flirts with the idea that the belts have Rules and stuff that matter but it never really goes anywhere with it which is, ok ultimately because the show is fine without dwelling on that stuff and really another 4 or 6 episodes dwelling on glowing chest tattoos or The Red Shoes System wouldn't have done any real good for the show as a whole.

And like. Really, do any of us really want to live in a world where stuff like the Hopper Bros are even the tiniest bit less inexplicable ?

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
In the mostly silly and kind of stupid hyper battle video for Kabuto, the Zectors can talk and say exactly what kind of user they find worthy

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

also all the users were predetermined/foreseen a decade or so in advance because lol kabuto

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Faiz is probably my favorite belt voice. Second is the more western sounding of the Gaim voices.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Potsticker posted:

I went with OOOs. From the jingles to the awesome posing to the very satisfying clicks as the medals slot into place and then again as the front face is tilted it's just absolutely fantastic. There's no wasted space on the thing and mmmmmmaybe the only downside is that the scanner is a separate part that does the majority of the actual work, but that's something I'm only really thinking about now and wasn't in the write-up.

The top 5 in full:
1. OOO
2. Den-O
3. Decade
4. Faiz
5. Fourze

Not having the W Driver was rough, because the gaia memory sounds along with the Decadriver's are basically the very best callouts, but both belts lost points for weak, similar posing and while the music is pretty good, it doesn't stack up next to belts like Den-O's or OOO's.

You have excellent taste good sir.
I was also very fond of the Den-O driver. It's simple and uses tickets in a neat way.

Faiz' belts being actual objects they lug around was definitely a unique point for Faiz. I rather liked it as well, because suddenly it was possible for the herot o be without or to just straight up steal it. I don't think I want that for every rider show though.
Gaim sort off went in that direction with the Sengoku driver getting knocked away a couple of times (which led to the expansion slot being found). But they still pulled it out of their rear end when they needed it.

coconono posted:

Faiz is still one of my fave rider series because of all the drama. I gotta download and watch that again.
Our hero Kusaka being basically the reason the story took as long as it did is something special.

Craptacular! posted:

Faiz is probably my favorite belt voice. Second is the more western sounding of the Gaim voices.
Exceed charge.

I was originally really fond of the Kabuto drivers as well, but they fell out of style for me somehow. I guess that despite the neat voices and switches/levels they're just a little too plain compared to the newer generation.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Darth TNT posted:

You have excellent taste good sir.
I was also very fond of the Den-O driver. It's simple and uses tickets in a neat way.

The station jingles for Den-O's belt are really great and the only real downside is the selector buttons which are almost anti-gimmick in a way.

One thing that I didn't really mention before is that the other belts in the show did factor in as well. And Zeronos has just a fantastic belt. The cards that slide in and form the letters A and V for Altair and Vega is a really cool piece of mechanics, especially since it's all in train/rail theme with the center of the belt acting like a rail switcher. Birth and Diend both have pretty good belts as well, though I'm softer on Meteor and-- well, the Delta and Kaixa gear are basically just the Faiz gear at heart.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
ok so i've only been watching since W but i'll give the good and bad on each belt since (except dive i missed that one)

W: The sounds from the memories are nice and the belt is nice and sleek but the belt itself is pretty boring 3/5

OOO: Medals are nice and lots of good sounds not too clunky but the extra scanning part is eh 3.5/5

Fourze: Switches are ok and probably fun to play with but the belt is ugly and i can't understand the robot voice the chorus is cool i guess 2/5

Wizard: Rings are cool and the belt is nice and sleek and the sounds are so cool 5/5

Gaim: Lockseeds are alright but the belt's kinda ugly and dumb looking sounds are fine but nothing special 2/5

Ghost: i really like the eye theme but gently caress is the belt ugly, sounds are ok 2/5

Ex-aid: Gashats are great and just so fun to click and while the belt is clunky and garish it's an old 8-bit game console so it's supposed to be and there's so much cool sounds i love this diver 5/5 (i would give it a 6 if i could)

Build: The belt's ugly the bottles are dumb the only thing this belt has going for it is "Best match" 1/5

Zi-O: belt is ok i like the spinning and the sounds are fine but i kinda find ride watches ugly 2.5/5

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Potsticker posted:

A lot of your list is "well, it could be used by anyone" but that's not what we see in these shows. Fourze we only see Kengo fail to use it and Gentarou succeed-- and that's it, for instance.

This is a weird complaint because not all shows are about multiple riders or whatever. we're specifically told that the reason kengo can't use the belt is because he's got a weak constitution not because gentaro is special

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Also Kengo never actually got the drat thing on to try and pull the handle on; He was *gonna*, but he had another attack of the vapors and fell over before he could put it on proper. That's when Gentaro burst onto the scene like the shining good boy he is and took over.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Darth TNT posted:

Exceed charge.

It's more that "standing by" is said with just the right hint of sassy.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Elfgames posted:

Build: The belt's ugly the bottles are dumb the only thing this belt has going for it is "Best match" 1/5

The belt yells "OH NO!" all the time, what are you talking about?

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Realtalk whoever made the call to translate that as "OH NO!" is a genius, it perfectly encapsulates the sheer :suspense: of Build's middle stretch.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Elfgames posted:

This is a weird complaint because not all shows are about multiple riders or whatever. we're specifically told that the reason kengo can't use the belt is because he's got a weak constitution not because gentaro is special

Comparing the Faiz Gear to the Fourze Driver is kind of funny in this regard, because according to each show's fiction, a person needs Orphenoc DNA to use the Faiz Gear (AKA they need to be 'special') whereas the Fourze Gear is presumably usable by anyone who isn't as sickly as Kengo.

BUT, what we actually see in these shows is that a lot of people use the Faiz Gear but only Gentarou uses the Fourze Driver. Thus, Gentarou is a singular special person whereas Takumi is one of a number of people. Thus, the Faiz Gear feels more like a piece of equipment and not a super power possessed by the main character.

Looking at Blaze Dragon's list again, there is the suggestion that Meteor's belt wasn't made especially for him, but from what we know/see of Tachibana, why wouldn't it have been made especially for Ryuusei? I'm not saying it was, but there's nothing in the show that points either way. The Decadriver is the same, but instead in the list it's "probably locked" to Tsukasa as it was-- maybe created for him as the head of Neo Shocker? I'm not sure we actually ever get a good read on any sort of timeline for the Decadriver. And for Meteor it's the same. The stories don't really revolve around the equipment and more the people who use them. And as we were ranking belts, ones that feature in the stories more as important objects in their own right and not just extensions of the user/ super powers.

Does that explain things more clearly?

Potsticker fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Dec 6, 2018

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Potsticker posted:

Looking at Blade Dragon's list again, there is the suggestion that Meteor's belt wasn't made especially for him, but from what we know/see of Tachibana, why wouldn't it have been made especially for Ryuusei? I'm not saying it was, but there's nothing in the show that points either way. The Decadriver is the same, but instead in the list it's "probably locked" to Tsukasa as it was-- maybe created for him as the head of Neo Shocker? I'm not sure we actually ever get a good read on any sort of timeline for the Decadriver.

Blaze Dragon. And yeah, I get your points here. We do learn about the Decadriver though, it's stated that it was created for Tsukasa by Dai Shocker, alongside the Diendriver. It may be usable by anyone but the series has it directly connected with Tsukasa's identity as the Destroyer of Worlds, so it's unlikely we could get any other Decade (beyond that one time we were meant to but then lol last-minute rewrites happened, and even there that was another Tsukasa).

That said I totally get your point, I went more by out of series material or what the series stated rather than what the series showed. That does change a lot, since very few Rider Systems are used by many people in a show, be it by passing hands or by having multiples of them. In that regard, it does show some Drivers as being more "special" than others, even if the series' own lore doesn't support it.

Unconnected with this, we have the Decade Ridewatch and Zi-O's new weapon alongside it. The former is pretty neat, but the latter is wonderful. HEY!

Blaze Dragon fucked around with this message at 13:56 on Dec 6, 2018

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
I didn't know the actor for Drive was considered a Sweetheart, but I can see that. I guess we're likely not seeing Agito or Hibiki since Decade is giving them a go.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Xelkelvos posted:

I didn't know the actor for Drive was considered a Sweetheart, but I can see that.
One of my students last year wrote that her dream was to become Ryoma Takeuchi's wife. He's also been in a bunch of movies recently, mostly rom-coms. He's really popular these days! :)

I'm always reminded of a comment that the author of My Hero Academia made one time that echoes my feelings perfectly. I'm so happy to see Masaki Suda (Phillip) succeeding, but the bigger he gets the more I fear I'll never see him return as Kamen Rider Double. Takeuchi may be similarly lost to us at this rate, but I certainly hope not considering how huge a dork that man is about super heroes.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I can't take Tsukasa seriously with that voice. It was hard enough as evil Jinga, but as Tsukasa he's just overacting, and it was even worse as Agito. Then again, it's not like I believe for a second he's a bad guy anyways. I have no idea what he's aiming for but it's not the first time he pulls this poo poo. I also have no idea how he's using the Flame Saber as Agito Ground Form, so I'll just do the usual here and ONORE DICKEIDO.

13.5 was a gigantic improvement over the previous episode and I laughed all the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

One of my students last year wrote that her dream was to become Ryoma Takeuchi's wife. He's also been in a bunch of movies recently, mostly rom-coms. He's really popular these days! :)

I'm always reminded of a comment that the author of My Hero Academia made one time that echoes my feelings perfectly. I'm so happy to see Masaki Suda (Phillip) succeeding, but the bigger he gets the more I fear I'll never see him return as Kamen Rider Double. Takeuchi may be similarly lost to us at this rate, but I certainly hope not considering how huge a dork that man is about super heroes.

We don't really need new Suda for Double though. Just recycle some old footage of him in the library. Shotaro was the one in the field.

The writer of My Hero commented regarding Double? That's neat.

Is Decade (the rider) popular in Japan? Seems like all the western fans I talk to were really looking forward to him showing up.
In addition Tsukasa's actor may be the rider who has so far reprised his role the most. I'd assume he at least likes the role.