Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
So since leader caps are gone, I'm going to start by trying a build where I stack all the level cap, lifespan, and experience-gain increases, and have my people led by a caste of undying superbeings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013
Between this and Crusader Kings 2 that's now two Paradox games that allow horsefucking and I'm starting to get worried.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Imperator Rome 1.4: All Men Are Created Equus

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Nickiepoo posted:

Between this and Crusader Kings 2 that's now two Paradox games that allow horsefucking and I'm starting to get worried.
https://twitter.com/VP/status/863182608552906755

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Stellaris 2.2: The assassination of tiles by the coward Martin Anward.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Crazyeyes24 posted:

Stellaris 2.2: "My Tiles for a Horse's Consent!"

This has my vote for the new thread title.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Communist Bear posted:

Stellaris 2.2: The assassination of tiles by the coward Martin Anward.

Let's rock.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
thrall world w e g o h a r d

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
wiz plz

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

three hours~~~

(maybe)

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
they said 18h CET, it's 14h right now.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Can you thrall world a ringworld segment? Can a I have a prison segment and a holiday segment and slave segment and a ruling class segment?

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Splicer posted:

Can you thrall world a ringworld segment? Can a I have a prison segment and a holiday segment and slave segment and a ruling class segment?

None of the special worlds have "not a ringworld" as the requirement, but given that ringworlds already have their own unique districts I doubt you can use a ringworld (or hive world, machine world, or ecumenopolis) as a thrall/resort/penal world.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Are Ringworlds still in 4 segments?

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
I won't be happy until I can turn my empire into the premier vacation destination for the galaxy :colbert:

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Demiurge4 posted:

Are Ringworlds still in 4 segments?

Yes, 4 size 50 segments.

FlyingCowOfDoom
Aug 1, 2003

let the beat drop
This lines up perfectly, get out of work super early today because of company holiday party and have tomorrow off. I am ready to devour some worlds.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
First thing I'm gonna try I think is a xenophile pacifist organized crime thing, pretty much try and stack so many diplomacy bonuses that they can't even be mad about my massive crime syndicate :buddy:

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Zurai posted:

None of the special worlds have "not a ringworld" as the requirement, but given that ringworlds already have their own unique districts I doubt you can use a ringworld (or hive world, machine world, or ecumenopolis) as a thrall/resort/penal world.

Who doesn't want to take a vacation on a planet-sized machine hive?

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
Here's an important question: Can Rogue Servitors create vacation worlds for the MANDATORY FUN requirement of their adored petshumans.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Nalesh posted:

First thing I'm gonna try I think is a xenophile pacifist organized crime thing, pretty much try and stack so many diplomacy bonuses that they can't even be mad about my massive crime syndicate :buddy:
I'm going to build wide xenophile and go HAM on genemodding. Really revel in the notiles.

Aethernet
Jan 28, 2009

This is the Captain...

Our glorious political masters have, in their wisdom, decided to form an alliance with a rag-tag bunch of freedom fighters right when the Federation has us at a tactical disadvantage. Unsurprisingly, this has resulted in the Feds firing on our vessels...

Damn you Huxley!

Grimey Drawer
I'm going to go with UNE and convert Earth into a Ecumenopolis where humans and aliens bang forever.

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

"I want to see what she's in love with."

Please tell me this is real, because I can't goddamn believe it.

Also I'd like to note that in stellaris you can go past horse-loving straight into interbreeding.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
it's extremely real and not a screenshot i'm afraid :v:

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

ZypherIM posted:

Also I'd like to note that in stellaris you can go past horse-loving straight into interbreeding.

It's extremely real,he has tweeted that quote multiple times.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009

ZypherIM posted:

It is very real and is the origin of the 'joke' of him being a horsefucker.

Non-horse-loving chat: Still holding out vague hope that robofriends aren't left out of most of the fun new things :( My rogue servitors just want to make their people the happiest they can be!

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Only their people? :v:

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

soonnnn the tiles will die, yes

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
I've always used steam for stuff like this but I jumped on that sale last weekend and I really hope I get my steam key around launch time and not tomorrow or something stupid

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009

Truga posted:

Only their people? :v:

Everyone is theirs! Like lost puppies that must be taken care of.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

Nessus posted:

If you move your capital to a penal world do you get elite troops?

Hmm. I'd say it should be Jungles, Deserts and Tundra only, but that also doesn't necessarily mean anything if you evolved there. Maybe if the planet was 20% to your species it'd happen?

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
Is there a list of changes somewhere for the patch

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler
My god, I'm so ready to be done with work and get home and play the new patch. I guess I'll have to eat dinner early tonight so I won't have to take a break from rampant space communist horsefucking.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

barkbell posted:

Is there a list of changes somewhere for the patch

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/stellaris-dev-diary-136-2-2-le-guin-patch-notes.1132161/

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013

AG3 posted:

rampant space communist horsefucking.

Aethernet
Jan 28, 2009

This is the Captain...

Our glorious political masters have, in their wisdom, decided to form an alliance with a rag-tag bunch of freedom fighters right when the Federation has us at a tactical disadvantage. Unsurprisingly, this has resulted in the Feds firing on our vessels...

Damn you Huxley!

Grimey Drawer
If you've pre-ordered from Paradox you should now have your key, and be staring at the random string of letters and numbers salivating at the delights to come.

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
Can I create fully automated luxury gay space communism in stellaris?

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Aethernet posted:

If you've pre-ordered from Paradox you should now have your key, and be staring at the random string of letters and numbers salivating at the delights to come.

I got my fanatical key too. Wasn't there an hour or so earlier so fanatical definitely seems legit :v:

barkbell posted:

Can I create fully automated luxury gay space communism in stellaris?

You can in about 2 hours.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

Truga posted:

I got my fanatical key too. Wasn't there an hour or so earlier so fanatical definitely seems legit :v:

I havent got mine yet, do they email you or is it on their website?

edit: their website, got it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
I checked my account on the website.