Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Spokes posted:

i'm gonna go with "he's poisoned by irony" which i guess is the latter

honestly this puts gentleman chogath in such a different and fascinating light

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Neeko gay, so wut

NSFW for Phreaks Face
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmyN5tUHNYM

KirbyKhan fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Dec 3, 2018

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Thanks for a MONSTER of an avatar, Awful Survivor Mods!

i'd probably throw a nsfw-ish tag on that just in case anyone is at work (???) and doesn't want to see censored neeko hentai (????????????????)

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

idea for balance change:
1) buff zoe
2) nerf anything that kills me :mad:

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Thanks for a MONSTER of an avatar, Awful Survivor Mods!
You'd think in the 9 years I've been playing this game I would have experienced the pure joy of playing Cho'gath by now but it took the posts in here about why he says Nom nom nom for me to give him a shot. Jeez, what a fun champion!

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
build him ap if you are not already doing it. it makes him even more fun to play.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Neeko looks fun as hell https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPj48lmrynU

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Spokes posted:

You'd think in the 9 years I've been playing this game I would have experienced the pure joy of playing Cho'gath by now but it took the posts in here about why he says Nom nom nom for me to give him a shot. Jeez, what a fun champion!

Build righteous glory.

Trust me, just do it.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
its the only fun tank item i guess

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
6.24 https://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/game-updates/patch/patch-824-notes

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Holy poo poo that Death's Dance change is a big buff for champs like Jax or Ezreal.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

its curtains for Kevin posted:

Holy poo poo that Death's Dance change is a big buff for champs like Jax or Ezreal.

Oooh, but that ult nerf on Jax made me wince. So many Jaxes gonna Q in at 11 and realy come short on the 1v1 damage.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

patchnotes posted:

Placements

See your rank after just one game.

"Placements suck: Deposit ten games into the anxiety box and hope for the best. We fixed that."

JUST ONE - See a provisional rank after just one Ranked game. It’s only visible to you until your placements are complete.

ALL THE WAY UP - In your remaining placement games, you earn bonus LP in wins and can’t lose LP

UNLOCKED - After your placement games, your rank will be available for all to see

NO RESET - There’s no reset during preseason, so you’ll need to be unranked in a queue to try new placements before season start

?

??

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Provisions are the exact same, except now, they pretend that its better. You will still end up in the same spot, but since you can see your upwards progress it will feel better (*). Y

Your first few games are probably still worth the most points.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
is deaths dance broken on pyke or darius now?

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

Slaapaav posted:

is deaths dance broken on pyke or darius now?

It doesn't seem that consequential honestly. A small heal on your execute ability is usually not gonna swing a fight. I'm worried about Akali to be honest. She has AD ratios on her passive, her Q, her E and her R and currently, Death's Dance stacks with Gunblade.

Action George
Apr 13, 2013
Oh nice, they nerfed Akali shroud by a second or two. That's totally the issue with it, and not that it gives her complete impunity to dive towers.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
I dunno, it could be a lot of health back, especially combined with something like Triumph on kill reset. Death's Dance/Spirit Visage Darius might be interesting.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Crazy Larry posted:

Oh nice, they nerfed Akali shroud by a second or two. That's totally the issue with it, and not that it gives her complete impunity to dive towers.

nerfing by a second or two reduces her impunity to dive by a second or two. should they change it to work like it did before? yeah. but that ability needs to be nerfed to the ground if riot wants to give her room to grow and be heathy

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

Neeko's theme is good and cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNrTrtogyuA

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Do replays generally not work across patches or is the time window for downloading them super short? Had some nice plays last night that I wanted to watch more closely, but it says that every replay has expired.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Neeko is everything I wanted in a support. Great poke, solid CC, game winner ultimate. The passive ~*mindgames*~ are so much fun too. Deep warding as your ultra-fed toplaner and watching people flee in terror will never get old.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Smol posted:

Do replays generally not work across patches or is the time window for downloading them super short? Had some nice plays last night that I wanted to watch more closely, but it says that every replay has expired.

yeah they don't persist through patches for whatever reason

probably because they would just desync if anything used in the game got changed

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games

Crazy Larry posted:

They're apparently planning on some heavier mechanical changes, which will probably involve the tower dive business.

Akali is kind of a weird champion because, I guess, the idea is her damage output is slower but she has the defensive capacity of the shroud to make up for it. But if she gets a bit ahead she can blow somebody up almost as fast as Eve or Fizz or any "normal" assassin so the shroud mostly just lets her never die or blow someone else up a few seconds later with impunity.

The real problem though is she's really hard to play but the shroud makes her potentially extremely strong in organized play, so she may end up in the Azir/Kalista/Ryze box.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Tales of Woe posted:

yeah they don't persist through patches for whatever reason

probably because they would just desync if anything used in the game got changed

That's correct. It's replaying the events of what happened in the game, but in a deterministic way. If you changed, say, Ezreal's Q to do 20 less damage, you could easily end up with situations where a champion that would've died in the previous patch survives in the current patch, which can cause weird errors to start popping up.

porfiria posted:

They're apparently planning on some heavier mechanical changes, which will probably involve the tower dive business.

I mentioned it in a previous post, but Twilight Shroud is a cool conceptual idea that is completely impossible to sensibly balance for both overall power and the frustration factor of playing against it.

I think the best way of retaining something of the original concept would be to give Twilight Shroud a brief vanish effect (akin to Shaco's R) and then have it act as an "obscuring" effect that prevents vision of an enemy Akali or allied champions that are within the Shroud unless you're also inside of it or have true sight. This still gives her tower dive capabilities and the ability to play around her Shroud as a defensive tool, as well as giving her an interesting niche (denying vision of a potential target to prevent things like Soraka W or Tahm W from saving them), but it gives an enemy a clear cut way for dealing with her that isn't "spam AoEs and pray."

Vermain fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Dec 5, 2018

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Just make it so that she can't be completely invisible if she's in combat jeez.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

akali shroud is pretty close to being a workable ability but riot won't greenlight a new champion kit anymore unless it breaks some fundamental rule of the game so she gets to ignore tower vision and thus be miserable to play against

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

The real problem is that even wards and sweeping lens won’t let you target her. That would help some.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
she's invisible, not invulnerable

Malah
May 18, 2015

She's not invulnerable! She's just immune to anything that requires a target because she's invisible! There's a difference!

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Low key but Rammus is a ridiculously good jungler right now in these skirmish based fights because of his e taunt that can shut down mages and movement assholes like Yasuo. The op and champion websites have him listed tier 3 or ranked 21st (except u.gg which has him S rank but thats less well known) so he doesn't show up anywhere and can obliterate teams with amazing gank speed and shutdown potential and a tank that still works.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
aftershock is insanely strong and he can abuse it better than most

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

rammus support has been kicking around recently too

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
he's been a viable jungler for awhile now, I agree he's pretty good

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

neeko is good as gently caress

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:
Her damage seems crazy high. E is nuts in lane, a little more fair when there aren't minions around. It's hard to tell how effective her passive and w are, but they're definitely fun.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Sexpansion posted:

he's been a viable jungler for awhile now, I agree he's pretty good

Rammus has never been bad as long as I've been playing and I started in season 3. He's just been varying degrees of good. Considering how much of a zoomy, tanky poo poo head he is and how strong his crowd control is I don't think it's possible for him to actually be bad.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Lid posted:

Low key but Rammus is a ridiculously good jungler right now in these skirmish based fights because of his e taunt that can shut down mages and movement assholes like Yasuo. The op and champion websites have him listed tier 3 or ranked 21st (except u.gg which has him S rank but thats less well known) so he doesn't show up anywhere and can obliterate teams with amazing gank speed and shutdown potential and a tank that still works.

rammus is in the same genre of champion as old janna, characters that at no point were ever anything but good but are considered boring so people never actually think about them

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Yea he’s always been pretty good. Same thing with Mundo, Warwick, Singed, etc...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
It's back