Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
New Delaque are 40k Dark City. This is perfect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

"...for you, it is all over...!"
I like the new Delaques- they fit in with how (almost) all the other gangs got "their gimmick x 2" for the new edition.

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]
As I’ve said before: I like the new Delaq models for what they are, and they’re much more useful for kitbashing and conversion this way, but they look much more like Members Of House Delaq now than the old trenchcoat and goggles crowd, who looked like seedy hive scum hangers-on trying to ape the appearance of their bosses (who presumably looked like the current sculpts but didn’t get involved in gang fights directly).

And part of me thinks Necromunda would have a more coherent visual and thematic identity if the other gangs adhered more closely to the “seedy hive scum” aesthetic that the Escher and Goliath gangers hit so well. This is kinda especially the case for the Delaqs because it makes sense that Orlock gangers look like manual labourers because that’s the whole house, and it makes sense that the Vaan Sars look a paramilitary kill squad because “unusually well-equppped” is their shtick, and the Cawdor are a scummy cult, but there’s no obvious reasons why the powerful information brokers wouldn’t be working through pawns.

(They’ll probably all turn out to be disposable vat-grown clones or something, because Delaq is so fanatical about maintaining a monopoly on info that they don’t trust lackeys to gather info—might leak it elsewhere.)

Stephenls fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Nov 26, 2018

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

The Delaque models look just like the Spacing Guild dudes from Lynch's 1984 Dune movie.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Does anyone know how/know where I could find out how to paint skin to look like these House Delaque guys? I want my GSC to look pale instead of purplish.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Endman posted:

The Delaque models look just like the Spacing Guild dudes from Lynch's 1984 Dune movie.

This is just one more reason I want them.

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

The Kingfish posted:

Does anyone know how/know where I could find out how to paint skin to look like these House Delaque guys? I want my GSC to look pale instead of purplish.

Man, those look nosferatu-ish.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Lord_Hambrose posted:

This is just one more reason I want them.

Me too!

I love how weird they look. They really fit into the older, much weirder vision of how the universe looked when John Blanche was doing most of the art.

Endman
May 18, 2010

THE SANCTIONED PSYKER MUST LEAVE

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Endman posted:

THE SANCTIONED PSYKER MUST LEAVE

I want my big fish tank Navigator!

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

chin up everything sucks posted:

Man, those look nosferatu-ish.

Yeah, it rules

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]

The Kingfish posted:

Gotcha covered.

Note that this specified pink, but the skin tones on display evince a variety of tones; perhaps the promo art and the box art aren’t the same....

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Cyberpunk: The Masquerade

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
I like the new Delaques :ohdear:

hexa
Dec 10, 2004

And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom
I didn't like them at first, but they've really grown on me.

There goes my plan of painting my old Delaque over the Christmas break then...

Sharks Dont Sleep
Mar 4, 2009

In pairing luxury automobiles with large predatory felines we have achieved reality ahead of schedule.

Stephenls posted:

As I’ve said before: I like the new Delaq models for what they are, and they’re much more useful for kitbashing and conversion this way, but they look much more like Members Of House Delaq now than the old trenchcoat and goggles crowd, who looked like seedy hive scum hangers-on trying to ape the appearance of their bosses (who presumably looked like the current sculpts but didn’t get involved in gang fights directly).

And part of me thinks Necromunda would have a more coherent visual and thematic identity if the other gangs adhered more closely to the “seedy hive scum” aesthetic that the Escher and Goliath gangers hit so well. This is kinda especially the case for the Delaqs because it makes sense that Orlock gangers look like manual labourers because that’s the whole house, and it makes sense that the Vaan Sars look a paramilitary kill squad because “unusually well-equppped” is their shtick, and the Cawdor are a scummy cult, but there’s no obvious reasons why the powerful information brokers wouldn’t be working through pawns.

(They’ll probably all turn out to be disposable vat-grown clones or something, because Delaq is so fanatical about maintaining a monopoly on info that they don’t trust lackeys to gather info—might leak it elsewhere.)

I’m torn. I really like the new models and will probably buy them after the holidays but I also 100% agree with you that they fundamentally look less like a “gang” extension of a house and more like ingrained upper spire stuff. The vibe,
for me, with Van Saars and them is a little
off - and wanted more rough and tumble ganger.

That being said the designs I love, and I reeeeallly want to see what they do with Spyrers.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Outlanders got a little "product of its era" at times, but thrill-killer one-percenters have been a thing in fiction forever and I'd love to see them back in Necromunda.

Sub-human homeless people, magical natives, and the not-Klan will probably need some retooling though.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
The new Delaques are totally not Delaque for me, if I wanted Delaque I'd probably get the unofficial ones.
The Dark City / Dune Spacing Guild look is great in general though and would make great starting point to use/convert as Genestealer/Chaos/Machine cultists.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Stephenls posted:

Gotcha covered.

Note that this specified pink, but the skin tones on display evince a variety of tones; perhaps the promo art and the box art aren’t the same....

Thanks a bunch!

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Endman posted:

Which is great since so much of the 40k's setting is based on Dune in the first place.

Endman
May 18, 2010

Zaphod42 posted:

Which is great since so much of the 40k's setting is based on Dune in the first place.

No argument here. I love Dune and (while the movie was pretty rough) the aesthetics were fantastic.

Sharks Dont Sleep
Mar 4, 2009

In pairing luxury automobiles with large predatory felines we have achieved reality ahead of schedule.

Endman posted:

No argument here. I love Dune and (while the movie was pretty rough) the aesthetics were fantastic.

Have you seen the Jodorowsky’s Dune documentary? It’s definitely worth a watch, especially if you’re into older Metal Hurlant/Moebius stuff.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Cross-post. Finished most of my titans.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
Probably a silly question, but when you hire Hive Scum in Necro, do you need to buy their equipment with your credits, or is the "up to 60 credits" is something of an allowance that comes with buying a Scum?

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

panascope posted:

That red is gorgeous.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice
If anyone was looking at getting into Adeptus Titanicus but missed out on the discount with the Grand Master edition, the new battlegroup set is up for preorder now. It's basically a full playable army for £100 (~£80 from discounters like Element Games) with the two Warhounds free.

My boxes of tiny Cerastus knights just arrived, along with some Warhounds I'd held off on buying until now. Pretty excited for more tiny massive robots.

panascope posted:

I like the red gradient effect, are they airbrushed?

xtothez fucked around with this message at 11:58 on Dec 1, 2018

JackMack
Nov 3, 2007
For this end who miss the action hero delaques don't forget the heresy miniatures gangers. When I last played
Necromunda someone got to them first . They are very good.

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)
Does anyone know who the designers of the 2017 version of necromunda are? I need to cite the rule book for the bibliography of a chapter I am writing and for some reason the designers are not listed in the book.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

nesbit37 posted:

for some reason the designers are not listed in the book.

The reason is that Hams are literally the worst and sent death threats to codex writers when their waifu/husbandu units got nerfed.

I think the correct citation form is:

E: (Turabian/Chicago citation supremacy, APA and MLA can gently caress right off.)

Schadenboner fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Dec 6, 2018

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)

Schadenboner posted:

The reason is that Hams are literally the worst and sent death threats to codex writers when their waifu/husbandu units got nerfed.

I think the correct citation form is:

E: (Turabian/Chicago citation supremacy, APA and MLA can gently caress right off.)

What? That's ridiculous, but I shouldn't be surprised. Thanks anyway, and yeah, Chicago all the way.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

nesbit37 posted:

What? That's ridiculous, but I shouldn't be surprised. Thanks anyway, and yeah, Chicago all the way.

And this was back in the old (mostly) pre-Social Media/pre-4chan days, I can only :gonk: at the thought of what would happen today.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?

Schadenboner posted:

And this was back in the old (mostly) pre-Social Media/pre-4chan days, I can only :gonk: at the thought of what would happen today.

Probably not as bad as what would happen if you posted your address

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Didn't GW shut down their official forums because it was more or less a perpetual garbage fire and too much trouble for them to deal with? Possibly that's just what I reconstructed from trying to use them at the time and not an official line.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

goodness posted:

:stare::hf::wtc:

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

goodness posted:

That's weird, you're weird

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice

goodness posted:

What the gently caress?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
I think he was just saying people on the internet would do worse things given your addr.

But yeah that almost sounds like a threat.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?
Oh this isn't the 40k thread where everyone hates schaden. It was a joke about what the other thread would do if he psoted address

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer

goodness posted:

Oh this isn't the 40k thread where everyone hates schaden. It was a joke about what the other thread would do if he psoted address

Even in the 40k thread we wouldn't do poo poo if schaden posted his address other than pm a mod to remove it because we're not garbage people. What the gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

Booley posted:

Even in the 40k thread we wouldn't do poo poo if schaden posted his address other than pm a mod to remove it because we're not garbage people. What the gently caress.

Right, that's why I said joke (though poor). I don't actually think you would send a bag of dicks or glitter bombs his way

goodness fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Dec 6, 2018