Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
IIRC, and it's been a while since I read the books, the only way to end a Quidditch game is by catching the Snitch. So games will go on forever until someone does it or resign.

It's a very dumb game. There's one play that's worth like 15 goals. It also ends the match. The smart strategy is to just park the bus and disrupt the assholes whose function is smash people in the face with iron balls while your dude zooms around trying to get the thing.

edit: also the game where the dude caught the snitch and still lost was a game where his team was losing by like, a billion points, and he basically decided to stop getting destroyed and just end it with some dignity. Which, again, is incredibly dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Quidditch is supposed to be a dumb game, it's a parody of cricket and rugby.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Captain Baal posted:

Quidditch loving sucks and so does harry potter

Truer words have not been said in this thread.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 24 days!

Captain Baal posted:

:hai:

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Dabir posted:

then don't focus like 8 scenes of your book on the worse joke ever.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War

Captain Baal posted:

Animorphs was always the superior series

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

TexMexFoodbaby posted:

then don't focus like 8 scenes of your book on the worse joke ever.

The kids liked it. Never write stuff that the kids like.

I dunno if I like Harry Potter or if I just have Powerful Nostalgia for it. JKR being Dumb as gently caress recently kinda retroactively soured me a bit on the series too.

but i won't have dirty anime lovers and north american dub apologists trying to take the moral high ground here, okay

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Why are we talking about Tumblr when I can't find it on the last podcast? Is it in the last 20 minutes?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I think it took me like six DmC videos before I noticed that Pat was wearing a mop in the intro.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Dabir posted:

Yea she intentionally made it make no sense to dig at a friend of hers who was a major sports fiend.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

ironically harry is a massive jock in retrospect. there's even a bit about how he just barely meets his course requirements thanks to a newer teacher's leniency

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
are you telling me that JK Rowling made the most powerful stealth chad in existence

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Harry is a trust fund kid that is good at sports, relatively successful at dating, is always picking fights with other preppy assholes, is blatantly favored by school administration and sneaks out all the time to hang out in the woods with his friends.

He also split a man's face in half once and got away with a slap on the wrist, and his dad was such a chad that it got both himself and his wife killed.

At least he shot a nazi snakeman in the face tho.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Harry Potter is ok

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Dias posted:

Harry is a trust fund kid that is good at sports, relatively successful at dating, is always picking fights with other preppy assholes, is blatantly favored by school administration and sneaks out all the time to hang out in the woods with his friends.

He also split a man's face in half once and got away with a slap on the wrist, and his dad was such a chad that it got both himself and his wife killed.

At least he shot a nazi snakeman in the face tho.

Don't forget he grows up to be a cop, and gives one of his kids a fancy hyphenated name based on two successful men. He also keeps trying to buy solid gold objects just because he can.

Harry is absolutely a wizard chad.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I forgot that Harry Potter is a loving cop.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Hairy Pooter

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Merry Bobbins

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

Harry becoming a wizard cop is especially nonsense when you think about how a huge part of his arc is about how he finally has a safe home in Hogwarts, becomes a great secret teacher to his classmates, always wanted a relatively normal life, and understands teaching defense against the dark arts better than most of the actual teachers.

but no, he had to become a cop instead of ironically taking the job voldemort canonically wanted.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

you can't spell abracadabra without ACAB

AShamefulDisplay
Jun 30, 2013

Dias posted:

IIRC, and it's been a while since I read the books, the only way to end a Quidditch game is by catching the Snitch. So games will go on forever until someone does it or resign.

It's a very dumb game. There's one play that's worth like 15 goals. It also ends the match. The smart strategy is to just park the bus and disrupt the assholes whose function is smash people in the face with iron balls while your dude zooms around trying to get the thing.

edit: also the game where the dude caught the snitch and still lost was a game where his team was losing by like, a billion points, and he basically decided to stop getting destroyed and just end it with some dignity. Which, again, is incredibly dumb.

IIRC that game was the Quidditch World Cup so Harry wasn't involved anyway.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 24 days!

Monathin posted:

you can't spell abracadabra without ACAB

Nice

JK Rowling's Adventures of The Extremely Privileged White Boy That Became A Cop

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Did the guys ever do a video on Fist of the North Star Lost Paradise? I swear I can remember Pat being uncomfortable faced with watching the Hokuto Shinken style: Steel Shredding Clench.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Matt did an import video with it on his side channel before it was actually out in English, aside from that I don't think so.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Phantasium posted:

Matt did an import video with it on his side channel before it was actually out in English, aside from that I don't think so.

Okay, if that's the case then I might've gotten them mixed up with Giant Bomb.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
https://twitter.com/WoolieWoolz/status/1070843917111824385

edit: also pat's game awards stream is live now

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

alternatively, Liam is also doing one tonight

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
Pat still gout'ing

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Depths posted:

Pat still gout'ing

Also is storing red bull next to his balls. Also somehow has twice the # of viewers as IGN right now.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

WHY THERE A FURRY ON THE GAME AWARDS PODIUM?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Grouchio posted:

WHY THERE A FURRY ON THE GAME AWARDS PODIUM?

That's Sonicfox.

He's a gay black furry who won big at Evo this year and has been dominating the FGC.

He's fuckin' awesome.

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
because he's the best esports player of the year

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Vandar posted:

That's Sonicfox.

He's a gay black furry who won big at Evo this year and has been dominating the FGC.

He's fuckin' awesome.
Well okay then.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I can tell who's a good person by whether or not they like SonicFox.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

PSYCHO NAUTS TWO

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

That XBox is cleaner than his laptop.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

GOD OF loving WAR

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I was not expecting the mbs

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Grouchio posted:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

PSYCHO NAUTS TWO

Pretty sure that was announced at least a year ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Nothing says "we respect our female characters so much more" than the main character copping a feel a second before the credits roll.

Also, bless Billy for that callback joke at the end.