Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Whats this about football players being bad with money?!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Too much football, jeez.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
You can never have enough FOOTBAW.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

Strobe posted:

Pretty hosed up that the NFL ritually sacrificed Alex Smith to resurrect Joey Bosa.

actually his foot isnt healed and coming back early guarantees he'll be plagued by the injury for the next 4 years before hes forced by blinding pain to retire early

it hurts me to be right about this and to acknowledge a simple truth: its worth it to try to get Philip a ring.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
https://twitter.com/SInow/status/1070789151589580800
:stare:

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

I will buy season tickets to the Connecticut team if it happens and there's a 50/50 chance I'll somehow find myself employed by the league by some dumb fluke.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Man remember when Reuben Fosters Ex recanted and everyone wanted the prosecutor disbarred and called him racist for going ahead with the case anyway?

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/12/06/reuben-fosters-ex-girlfriend-now-says-she-was-lying-when-she-recanted-previous-allegation/

loving LOL

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

quote:

“He dragged me down the stairs two or three times, he punched me in my face two or three times, pulled my hair, kicked me, spit on me,” Ennis said.

“I can’t believe somebody picked him up,” Ennis said.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Remember in the beginning of the year when we were voting for the 2017-18 Ben Roethlisberger Memorial Douchebag of the Year Contest & we nominated Santa Clara DA Kevin Smith because of his railroading of Ruben Foster?

Fun times.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Android Apocalypse posted:

Remember in the beginning of the year when we were voting for the 2017-18 Ben Roethlisberger Memorial Douchebag of the Year Contest & we nominated Santa Clara DA Kevin Smith because of his railroading of Ruben Foster?

Fun times.

I hate to admit I probably voted for him to

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Android Apocalypse posted:

Fun times.

Trust me, there are a lot of other reasons to consider the Santa Clara DA a douche, even if they aren't football related.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
Should people who aren't employed by or associated with the League be eligible?

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Benjamin officially signs with the Chiefs.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

waah posted:

Finally found a coach after his own heart disease

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1070846248784138241

weapon

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
They do need a hefty running back with Kareem Hunt done

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

More like stretch plod

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

waah posted:

Biscuits and barbecue!

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I guess the Chiefs were missing someone really slow and unathletic on offense

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Absolute Unit Weapon.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Kalli posted:

I guess the Chiefs were missing someone really slow and unathletic on offense

Another weapon. Scary.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Man remember when Reuben Fosters Ex recanted and everyone wanted the prosecutor disbarred and called him racist for going ahead with the case anyway?

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/12/06/reuben-fosters-ex-girlfriend-now-says-she-was-lying-when-she-recanted-previous-allegation/

loving LOL

Actually, I still don’t feel sorry for a district attorney.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I mean, I assume there's some talent hidden there somewhere.

I just have no idea how Andy thinks he's going to get to it. Then again, the Chiefs got something out of Cameron Erving even though it's not amazing so...I guess go for it.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Grittybeard posted:

I mean, I assume there's some talent hidden there somewhere.

I just have no idea how Andy thinks he's going to get to it. Then again, the Chiefs got something out of Cameron Erving even though it's not amazing so...I guess go for it.

The problem with Benjamin isn’t a lack of talent, it’s that he’s lazy and, because he’s lazy, also fat. I don’t think you can coach around fat and lazy.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

He's not fat for a tight end and the Chiefs used to love three tight end sets but could never find a third tight end. Benjamin is 6-5, 245 and runs a 4.6. That's great for a tight end. He's an end zone weapon. At least that's my prediction.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

YOLOsubmarine posted:

The problem with Benjamin isn’t a lack of talent, it’s that he’s lazy and, because he’s lazy, also fat. I don’t think you can coach around fat and lazy.

If anyone can coach around fat, it’s Andy Reid.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

kiimo posted:

He's not fat for a tight end and the Chiefs used to love three tight end sets but could never find a third tight end. Benjamin is 6-5, 245 and runs a 4.6. That's great for a tight end. He's an end zone weapon. At least that's my prediction.

Lol, he ain't a 4.6 player no more. 4.6 orders of large fries with every meal maybe. 4.6inch vert maybe.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

DC Murderverse posted:

If anyone can coach around fat, it’s Andy Reid.

Yeah I get :thejoke: but as far as I can tell this is the actual plan. That Reid + the locker room makes him care about football?

I'd add in the environment but I live here and man we love to make people fat. And fat people fatter.

e: If it's not clear I expect this to...not work out at all. But I guess I don't mind taking a shot. Special teams are pretty good and that's the roster spot he's taking away from someone.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Dec 7, 2018

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
lmaoing at the thought of 2018 Kelvin Benjamin running a 4.6 40

zeroprime
Mar 25, 2006

Words go here.

Fun Shoe

Spoeank posted:

lmaoing at the thought of 2018 Kelvin Benjamin running a 4.6 40

Enjoying all the fat jokes clowning KB.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Spoeank posted:

lmaoing at the thought of 2018 Kelvin Benjamin running a 46. 40

Just move that decimal over one to the right.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
never forget the time the panthers let a NT run a route

https://twitter.com/PanthersBill/status/867004860927004672

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

^^^ dammit

kiimo posted:

Benjamin is 6-5, 245 and runs a 4.6.

https://twitter.com/PanthersBill/status/867004860927004672

he's gotten fatter

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

He looks like one of the lower ranked TE's at the combine

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

i believe a 4.6 forty if this is a measurement of time on like a sun dial or something.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Well on the one hand 4.6 is not that fast. On the other hand, I think linemen look better running than him lol wow.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

kiimo posted:

Well, I don’t just mean he’s lazy cause he doesn’t like to stay in shape, I mean he’s lazy in all facets of the game. Lazy routes, low effort to catch the ball, just loving lazy all around. Maybe he decides to stop being lazy now, on his third team, but I doubt it.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Well, I don’t just mean he’s lazy cause he doesn’t like to stay in shape, I mean he’s lazy in all facets of the game. Lazy routes, low effort to catch the ball, just loving lazy all around. Maybe he decides to stop being lazy now, on his third team, but I doubt it.

The Chiefs apparently do this thing where they trade for or sign failed first round picks. I mean they cut and signed CJ Spiller like 15 times last year. Erving like I mentioned, Ragland, Watkins for the most damaging to the cap example.

This seems like a thing they do just to kick the tires on people? Insert joke about Kelvin Benjamin's spare tire here.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I'm still shocked Cam Erving is a productive player.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

I don't believe that Cam Erving is mediocre and that people are buying it