Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

MacheteZombie posted:

I have Kerryon, Breida, Gordon, Trubisky, and Michael Thomas on one of my only playoff teams :(

Well the good news is you won't have to worry about that team next week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

dkj posted:

Well the good news is you won't have to worry about that team next week.

Feels bad starting Josh Allen, Jeff Wilson, Spencer Ware, and Courtland Sutton

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

Sanity check: Tre'Quan Smith is a better play than Adam Humphries if Michael Thomas sits, right?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Jose Valasquez posted:

I'm gonna laugh when Samuels is TE20 this week with 10 rushes for 30 yards

that's basically TE3 this year

this is hyperbole don't @ me

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

God drat, am I glad I drafted Travis Kelce this year.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

thrawn527 posted:

God drat, am I glad I drafted Travis Kelce this year.

I'm glad I picked up Ebron for free in week 2 when Delanie Walker went down

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
I miss OJ Howard. Brate has been extremely underwhelming.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Jose Valasquez posted:

I went from Walker to Kittle to Eifert (BOY WAS THAT A GOOD MOVE) to Njoku to Brate to Howard to Ebron (then also picked up Brate again when Howard went down.)

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Picked up Ebron in both my big money leagues and haven’t looked back.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Yeah, well I've got Jordan Thomas :owned:

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
I was an insane person who didn't learn, so i drafted Ebron in the last round of all my drafts. Probably could've just picked him up after the draft, but he was my only TE i drafted anywhere.

Thank god he paid off so i didn't have to have a revolving TE door in this years hell.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Chiefs signed Benjamin lol

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

kiimo posted:

Chiefs signed Benjamin lol

To play DT?

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

dy. posted:

Sanity check: Tre'Quan Smith is a better play than Adam Humphries if Michael Thomas sits, right?

It’s a better play but still likely boom or bust

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug

Jose Valasquez posted:

Same, but Kittle/Olsen

Butter Hole
Dec 8, 2011

dy. posted:

If you like getting 0 points, Tre is WR1.

This is Humphries easily IMO. Look at his numbers and targets the past 5 or 6 weeks. And they play the Saints in a likely shootout. and Lattimore will be on Evans. I'm high on Humphries this week.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Butter Hole posted:

This is Humphries easily IMO. Look at his numbers and targets the past 5 or 6 weeks. And they play the Saints in a likely shootout. and Lattimore will be on Evans. I'm high on Humphries this week.

Would you start Humphries over Evans?

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

MacheteZombie posted:

No

Butter Hole
Dec 8, 2011

MacheteZombie posted:

I don't think I'd go that far, but I'm kind of fading Evans this week. He was great vs NO in week 1 but their defense has gotten a lot better. I'm still starting him over Godwin in one league but I think the other Bucs receivers get some love this week.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Butter Hole posted:

This doesn’t make sense. I agree Tre has not put up points lately, but when he does it’s a bunch.

As you pointed out, it’s going to be a shootout, touchdowns will abound.

If Thomas doesn’t play for the saints, then there will be more targets for Tre.

Butter Hole
Dec 8, 2011

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

This doesn’t make sense. I agree Tre has not put up points lately, but when he does it’s a bunch.

As you pointed out, it’s going to be a shootout, touchdowns will abound.

If Thomas doesn’t play for the saints, then there will be more targets for Tre.

I think Thomas plays, and I also think they run the ball and pass to Kamara/Ingram a lot.

I like TreQuan as a player and a prospect but I don't think starting a guy who regularly puts up a literal 0 is a good idea for the fantasy playoffs. He could blow up any week but it's a risky play.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Do not start TreQuan if your goal is to win your fantasy football matchup

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Thomas was back at practice today

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
Start Tre'Quan if you are a massive underdog or are in Week 2 of a 2 week matchup and need to make up significant ground.

Otherwise the risk is too high imo.

Thomas is going to play.

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

Gobias Ind. posted:

Thomas is going to play.
This is true so the question is now moot!

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Cam Newton says he might get shoulder surgery after the season. So far this week in practice he hasn’t used his arm. I’m a little nervous about him this week, and if they get eliminated from the playoffs I can see him being shut down for the season.

I’m still starting him until I hear anything but I’m dropping Gus Edwards for a backup QB so my opponents can’t get cute and steal them all if they hear some kind of news before I do.

Josh Allen or Baker Mayfield? I’m thinking Mayfield based on I think he’s less likely to lay a total egg and lose a week for me.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Fast Luck posted:

Cam Newton says he might get shoulder surgery after the season. So far this week in practice he hasn’t used his arm. I’m a little nervous about him this week, and if they get eliminated from the playoffs I can see him being shut down for the season.

I’m still starting him until I hear anything but I’m dropping Gus Edwards for a backup QB so my opponents can’t get cute and steal them all if they hear some kind of news before I do.

Josh Allen or Baker Mayfield? I’m thinking Mayfield based on I think he’s less likely to lay a total egg and lose a week for me.

Do you have anyone else to drop besides Edwards? I kinda wouldn't drop Gus Bus for either of them.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Playing against McCaffrey this week and Cam going down won't even help me. I hate this match up.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

Fast Luck posted:

Post your roster. There has to be someone better to drop than the Gus Bus.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

WR Michael Thomas
WR Davante Adams
WR Josh Gordon
RB David Johnson
RB Nick Chubb
RB Dalvin Cook
RB Joe Mixon
RB Marlon Mack
RB Gus Edwards
TE Rob Gronkowski
TE Jaylen Samuels
Def Buffalo
K Greg Zuerlein

Don’t wanna drop Samuels just for fluke fake TE home run potential. Don’t want to drop Gordon because he’s my only backup WR. Gus is a little more expendable because of RB overflow and it’s full PPR which limits his ceiling.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Oh Jameis Winston is available too but the rest of the available QBs are garbage.

Right now I’ve got enough quality starters and am just angling for home run swings and catastrophe insurance.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Butter Hole posted:

I don't think I'd go that far, but I'm kind of fading Evans this week. He was great vs NO in week 1 but their defense has gotten a lot better. I'm still starting him over Godwin in one league but I think the other Bucs receivers get some love this week.

Last week was pretty frustrating and now I feel like I cant trust evans

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

MacheteZombie posted:

Last week was pretty frustrating and now I feel like I cant trust evans

If you don't start a fantasy WR1 against the Saints, giving up literally the most yardage and fantasy points to WRs over the season (according to fleaflicker and yahoo, anyway), you deserve what you get you're massively overthinking it :)

sourdough fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Dec 7, 2018

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Would you drop Elijah McGuire, Theo Riddick, Alshon Jeffery, Bears DST, Dak Prescott, or Derrick Henry for Rashad Penny given that Carson was limited in practice?

One of RBs or WRs needs to be my flex.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
This is sorta OCD but if you have a bye, put all the players on your bench. Then if one gets injured tonight/Sunday, you can drop him for a free agent. (on Yahoo, at least)

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

coronaball posted:

This is sorta OCD but if you have a bye, put all the players on your bench. Then if one gets injured tonight/Sunday, you can drop him for a free agent. (on Yahoo, at least)

ESPN sucks.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Would you drop Elijah McGuire, Theo Riddick, Alshon Jeffery, Bears DST, Dak Prescott, or Derrick Henry for Rashad Penny given that Carson was limited in practice?

One of RBs or WRs needs to be my flex.

I wouldn’t start any Seattle RB except Carson

Emulator
Sep 20, 2007
perma-nub

Keith Atherton posted:

I wouldn’t start any Seattle RB except Carson

Agreed, if I had to pick one - I'd trust McGuire the least of those options going forward. I think just stick with what you got for now, Carson is likely to play anyway.

basement jihadist
Oct 3, 2002

wrong thread

basement jihadist fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Dec 7, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
Thoughts on DSTs to hold through my bye for weeks 15 and 16? I currently have the Broncos but am concerned that the loss of Sanders is going to tank the offense too much even vs CLE and OAK. There are some good options w good schedules on the waiver wire:

Saints - @CAR, PIT
Jaguars - WAS, @MIA
Texans - @NYJ, @PHI
Patriots - @PIT, BUF