Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Resetti or we riot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trump Card
Jun 25, 2008

HEY GUYS

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Anyone know if this applies to the canadian eShop as well? If so, I'm opening up the switch tonight just to buy and install Odyssey.

Just checked and looks like all those deals are also in the Canadian eShop as well, have fun with Odyssey!

Zibidibodel
Jan 10, 2012

Astro7x posted:

drat... Starlink $45. With all the DLC too? I kept telling myself not to pull the trigger on those $30/$30 physical starter sets because I knew this would come down in price. Now I don't know if I should give it more time or not.

No, this is the standard digital edition for $45, not the digital deluxe which is like $89... and I may regret buying lol

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Zibidibodel posted:

No, this is the standard digital edition for $45, not the digital deluxe which is like $89... and I may regret buying lol

On the eShop site it's showing up as $45 and lists it as coming with all those ships, pilots, and weapons

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/starlink-battle-for-atlas-digital-edition-switch

Edit: Basically... 5 ships instead of the standard 2 that come with physical. I don't think you need everything

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Lmao at anyone who buys a Ubisoft game at launch

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
My nephew's Christmas morning $30 Starlink with the Starfox poo poo came yesterday and boy did I want to open that thing up and play with it

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Here's a good review of the original smash brothers

https://web.archive.org/web/20080611160626/http://www.elecplay.com/reviews_article.php?article=411

quote:

Of course, they�ve never really fought each other before; not like this. This is a whole new approach for PlumberBoy and his pals. Sadly, Super Smash Bros., while exciting in concept, is nothing more than a blatant suck on the wallets of the fans of the fluff of the fat-heads. This is too obvious, too plain a poorly implemented ploy to scam consumers by hiding a cheap and paltry game behind the so-called "demand" for more Mario. 

Super Smash Bros. only vaguely resembles a fighter by today�s standards, it�s 2D. A 2D fighter on the N64. In 1999. 

But hey! It�s a new way to play with Mario! Even that zany Pikachu thing from Pokemon gets a chance to put up its dukes and fight like a plumber. And look! There's Fox McCloud from StarFox! There�s Link of legendary Zelda fame, there�s Yoshi and Kirby and Donkey Kong and Auntie Emm and Toto too! 

Arrrrg! 

quote:

You see, while there are 12 fat-heads to play with, four of which are hidden characters like Luigi or Captain Falcon (from StarFox)

quote:

The nobody-does-it-better multi player mode is there too, like that�s what it�s really all about. However, there�s no way I�m going to ask three friends over just to see if this is the secret of Smash�s success; I want to keep what few friends I have. I�ll not ask them to endure this pap with me. 

The whole thing is a gold mine, I'm not even halfway through.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

In the glorious Blood Dragon future of the 90s fighting games have finially entered the 3rd dimension and will never leave. Sidestepping forever!

Bruteman
Apr 15, 2003

Can I ask ya somethin', Padre? When I was kickin' your ass back there... you get a little wood?

Well poo poo, I should have waited to buy Diablo 3. I figured there was no way that was going on sale anytime soon so I bit the bullet.

i can still taste him
Feb 16, 2003
Buglord

Bruteman posted:

Well poo poo, I should have waited to buy Diablo 3. I figured there was no way that was going on sale anytime soon so I bit the bullet.

Ya same. Oh well. It's the 4th time I've bought it (PS3, PS4, PC, Switch), so I am already well into "bad d3 decision making".

And I don't really care for it much, but unless they port Path of Exile to Switch it's my console arpg.

Edit: I bought Mario Odyssey from the sale. Hat time!

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

I'm too stupid to change the control scheme in smash ultimate, ama

seriously: is this a bug? I change the control scheme, but it never applies to the game, only to the test mode when you define the controls. what am I missing???

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

quote:

Granted, this would have been spectacular on the old NES, even quaint for the SNES, but come on! This is the N64 where I can fly an X-Wing and dogfight with Tie-fighters; where I can use stealth and treachery and cap bad-guys in the back of the head in Goldeneye 007; hunt dinosaurs with a rocket launcher, 

To YouTube to see how turok has aged.

Bruteman
Apr 15, 2003

Can I ask ya somethin', Padre? When I was kickin' your ass back there... you get a little wood?

I want to buy Starlink but considering that's already dropped in price like a month after it released, I want to see if it'll drop more :thunk:

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Bruteman posted:

I want to buy Starlink but considering that's already dropped in price like a month after it released, I want to see if it'll drop more :thunk:

This is my thought. It's on sale on ps4 as well. Gonna be cheaper soon.

Serenade
Nov 5, 2011

"I should really learn to fucking read"
If I buy smash in physical and play it on my switch, can I later just give that physical copy to someone else?

I'm not into smash myself but I'm the Switch Owner. The resident smash fan is planning on getting a switch of his own eventually. Having him buy the game to play on my switch feels weird and so does not getting it even though he wants it. If I can just get it "for the house" then give it to him if he gets one, that'd be ideal.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Serenade posted:

If I buy smash in physical and play it on my switch, can I later just give that physical copy to someone else?

I'm not into smash myself but I'm the Switch Owner. The resident smash fan is planning on getting a switch of his own eventually. Having him buy the game to play on my switch feels weird and so does not getting it even though he wants it. If I can just get it "for the house" then give it to him if he gets one, that'd be ideal.

....yeah? Why wouldnt you be able to?

Serenade
Nov 5, 2011

"I should really learn to fucking read"

Bombadilillo posted:

....yeah? Why wouldnt you be able to?

Because I haven't owned a console since the wii first came out and the digital era has ruined my expectations.

But thanks for the answer.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

https://web.archive.org/web/20080611160626/http://www.elecplay.com/reviews_article.php?article=411

Did the n64 even have any good 3D fighting games

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Serenade posted:

Because I haven't owned a console since the wii first came out and the digital era has ruined my expectations.

But thanks for the answer.

Gotcha. Disks/carts are giftable. Tradable. Borrowable. Sellable. Switch ps4 and xbone are all like that.

Also, gamefly exists if you are :911: also red boxes rent games for $3 of you are trying to try out a game. And they have a good selection of big releases but ymmv

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Motto posted:

Did the n64 even have any good 3D fighting games

It had the best 3D fighting game.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

That guy looks like a depressed Ryu, just going "Yeah I'm on this box... it says I'm essential, you gonna buy it?"

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

it's 2D. A 2D fighter on the N64. In 1999.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Yeah but Mario says it's essential

Barudak
May 7, 2007

BattleMaster posted:

Yeah but Mario says it's essential

Mario also thought hotel ownership was a good idea

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

It always annoyed me that some people thought better hardware somehow obsoleted entire genres. I don't see much of that anymore, and I think a lot of it has to do with the success of indie games.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

What am I missing with multiple references to Fat Heads?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Fitzy Fitz posted:

It always annoyed me that some people thought better hardware somehow obsoleted entire genres. I don't see much of that anymore, and I think a lot of it has to do with the success of indie games.

That was super common. Lots of 2D games were completely poo poo on in the PS1/N64/Saturn era because EVERYTHING IS 3D NOW IN TYOOL 1998

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Watching Smash "pros" analysis of characters is like watching a car review for how it handles at 120 mph.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I got no idea.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

looks like we got a fat head over here

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Bombadilillo posted:

Watching Smash "pros" analysis of characters is like watching a car review for how it handles at 120 mph.

If youre planning to use the car to race thats sort of an important question, even if youre not a great driver.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Barudak posted:

If youre planning to use the car to race thats sort of an important question, even if youre not a great driver.

Sure but in this analogy 95% of smash players are daily-drivers, not racers

The stuff is still interesting but a lot of it is only applicable in the remotest way

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_am4Ij_lAQ4

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

excuse m-

what

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
You guys won, I'm getting Smash

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The Bloop posted:

Sure but in this analogy 95% of smash players are daily-drivers, not racers

The stuff is still interesting but a lot of it is only applicable in the remotest way

Smash is competitive only though, theres no day driving equivalent. Even if you and your friends dont know how to leave first gear youre still racing.

Dpulex
Feb 26, 2013
Carcassonne being $20 is ludicrous

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Bruteman posted:

Eh, with the time I have already put in it was absolutely worth the $20.

Guess I'll skip the sale games and buy Smash and see what the fuss is about.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Barudak posted:

Smash is competitive only though, theres no day driving equivalent. Even if you and your friends dont know how to leave first gear youre still racing.

literally shaking irl that you're being this pedantic about the analogy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Barudak posted:

Smash is absolutely collaborative. All the players are working together to have a good time.