Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Gonzo McFee posted:

"My Name Is Finlay, and I love ta fight in the Black an Tans"

Good thing Regal wasn't around by the time Russo got to Nitro or there would've been a storyline where Finlay kidnaps Regal to force him to proxy bomb a location otherwise he'll kill Squire Dave Taylor or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Angry_Ed posted:

Good thing Regal wasn't around by the time Russo got to Nitro or there would've been a storyline where Finlay kidnaps Regal to force him to proxy bomb a location otherwise he'll kill Squire Dave Taylor or something.

I remember checking in on WCW not long after the Hardcore Soldiers stable started and I actually thought for a moment that WCW might be stupid enough to do an IRA gimmick.

I mean hell, WWE had to be pleaded with to not do a Yakuza gimmick by Tajiri. And WCW was just as dumb if not dumber (especially with Russo holding the book) than WWE. It's possible that Russo didn't do gimmicks based around the Yakuza and IRA simply because he'd never heard of them.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

I am superexcited for that period where Benoit gets the title despite leaving the company, and then the Radikalz showing up in WWF.

I'm more excited for the stuff they surely forgot happened, like Chuck Palumbo pinning Booker T for the WCW Title.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I would just like everybody to know that I love Fumi Saito's cat :3:

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Been some really well done WOR obits lately and Dynamite's is no different

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
"most people who are rich don't get rich by losing money"

oh dave

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Raskolnikov38 posted:

"most people who are rich don't get rich by losing money"

oh dave

they get rich by being born with it

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
I feel like I missed a show or something, why did they kill off the chopping block?

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Sucks

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

JT Smiley posted:

I feel like I missed a show or something, why did they kill off the chopping block?

Everyone who was still on the list got chopped due to Survivor Series performance

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

Friends don't shake hands, friends gotta hug!

epitasis has a way deeper voice than i figured from reading his posts for however many years

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZvacM-lIuM

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I nominate MRT for Hulkamatt of the Year

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I'm listening to the 2001 Eyada show Wrestling Observer uploaded... please God tell me that the friend Bryan is telling the carjacking story about is Vinny :vince:

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Jerusalem posted:

I'm listening to the 2001 Eyada show Wrestling Observer uploaded... please God tell me that the friend Bryan is telling the carjacking story about is Vinny :vince:

oh wow that the episode is THAT one? :holymoley:

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Jerusalem posted:

Where do I find this?

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Incessant Excess posted:

Where do I find this?

It was added to the Wrestling Observer feed. Jacques Rougeau is the guest and talks about Dynamite Kid.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Jerusalem posted:

It is

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

mariooncrack posted:

It was added to the Wrestling Observer feed. Jacques Rougeau is the guest and talks about Dynamite Kid.

It was a really enjoyable listen too :)

Dave on the latest WOR talking about people in Japan mistaking him for Dynamite Kid and Benoit despite looking nothing like them is great as well.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

It was a really enjoyable listen too :)

Dave on the latest WOR talking about people in Japan mistaking him for Dynamite Kid and Benoit despite looking nothing like them is great as well.

"Apparently all foreigners look alike in Japan"

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

mariooncrack posted:

Dave has almost too much energy for me to handle here.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
Thank goodness for the song contest. I miss drops so much and this scratched that itch a little.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
"if you made a wrestling promotion what would you call it"

"i don't know how to do that"

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Good Listener posted:

Thank goodness for the song contest. I miss drops so much and this scratched that itch a little.

I am actually somewhat irritated that the reason he largely dropped song contests is because of the video stuff they do now, the songs were really good (the winner for being so awful!) and it was a lot of fun to listen to.

Also I am sad I don't remember The Undertaker slamdunking Lance Storm in 1997 and it makes me wish I lived in Granny's world.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
MRT, I'm glad I listened to the NY 64 podcast, but it's one of those ones that I sort of wish I hadn't.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

SalTheBard posted:

MRT, I'm glad I listened to the NY 64 podcast, but it's one of those ones that I sort of wish I hadn't.

But now you can be an informed voter.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Listening to it now and I would like to endorse as highly as possible the notion that Vickie Guerrero deserves to be rich.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

MassRafTer posted:

But now you can be an informed voter.

You know it's weird, I've been watching WWE for so long that I just sort of compartmentalize things:

Yeah they were trashy in the Attitude Era, but that's what was what was popular!

Yeah there were steroids in the 80's and early 90's but that was the culture!

Etc
Etc
Etc

But to hear it laid out so bare for 2 straight hours I was just like "Why the gently caress do I still watch WWE???"

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

The NY 64 podcast was great but I miss the low stakes antics of TNA. The New York office was incredible.

UltimoDragonQuest fucked around with this message at 09:02 on Dec 8, 2018

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Before Marko injured himself (and PCO got signed).

https://twitter.com/JJWilliamsWON/status/1071123342747410432

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Ever since I heard it, I still can't wrap my head around the fact that Bryan was going to willingly take chops from PCO :stare:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

Ever since I heard it, I still can't wrap my head around the fact that PCO was going to willingly take chops from Alvarez :stare:

fixed that for you

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
Which one was December and which one was Mania weekend? Or is that still unknown?

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

The PCO one was Mania weekend and the Jack Evans one was DEFY in December. I think Alvarez is completely off the DEFY card with Lawlor and Stunt injured.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool

Jerusalem posted:

I am actually somewhat irritated that the reason he largely dropped song contests is because of the video stuff they do now, the songs were really good (the winner for being so awful!) and it was a lot of fun to listen to.

Also I am sad I don't remember The Undertaker slamdunking Lance Storm in 1997 and it makes me wish I lived in Granny's world.

God I know. I don't think they'd get in trouble for parodies/mashups like the old days cuz it's editing the original song but maybe I'm wrong there.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Jerusalem posted:

SCOOOOOTLAAAAAAAND
SCOOOOOTLAAAAAAAND
SCOOOOOTLAAAAAAAND

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

discordant bagpipes get louder and louder

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Jerusalem posted:

discordant bagpipes get louder and louder

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dELTMF3FYtg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
Hey, it's Semp!

https://twitter.com/BTSheetsPod/status/1071994886856024065