Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

smoke sumthin bitch posted:

this country is a police state

quiet, you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

smoke sumthin bitch posted:

this country is a police state

How can it be a police state if it's a colonial state

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
colonial police, duh

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

infernal machines posted:

Whoever could have seen this coming?

Certainly not amazing business man Mr. Douglas Ford.

I mean incompetence aside, is this something people in Ontario would actually want, or is this just bloating a semi-privatized company? I don't know enough about it to say for certain.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
I have no opinion on the acquisition itself, I'm just in agreement with their board, political interference in the operation of Ontario Hydro is a red flag for anyone who doesn't want their public utility being run at the whim of Doug Ford.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
what if we - get this - turn all our power generators into giant hamster wheels and get hamsters to run our power grid

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
we'd need some pretty big hamsters.

what if we wire up a million regular sized hamster wheels and just use common off the shelf hamsters?

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
This isn't true. According to thermodynamics, a million hamsters will produce the same energy whether on a million one-hamster-sized wheels or one million-hamster-sized wheel. Read a loving book

xtal has issued a correction as of 04:56 on Dec 6, 2018

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Baloogan posted:

lol yeah countdown till trudeao gets a call from xi and trudeo starts groveling and crying

lol if you think trudeau isn't doing this on xi's orders

he wouldn't touch a tech bigwig normally and xi is known to kill businesspeople that are being stubborn

it's like his one positive trait

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

xtal posted:

This isn't true. According to thermodynamics, a million hamsters will produce the same energy whether on a million one-hamster-sized wheels or one million-hamster-sized wheel. Read a loving book

you ever try to get a million hamsters into a wheel?

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

you ever try to get a million hamsters into a wheel?

No, but some nerd has

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

DariusLikewise posted:

christmas music all kinda sounds the same and every song is interchangable. if no one told these chuds that rapetune was off the radio they never would have fucken noticed

Except for snoopy Christmas, which is perfect.

what happened
Dec 2, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/yuenpauwoo/status/870100347875979264?s=21

thank you for ur service

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Huawei most likely benefitted from massive industrial espionage against Nortel so gently caress them. Not saying that led to its collapse as the leadership were morons, but it didn’t help.

It pisses me off to see them sponsoring HNIC it’s like adding insult to injury.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

priznat posted:

Huawei most likely benefitted from massive industrial espionage against Nortel so gently caress them. Not saying that led to its collapse as the leadership were morons, but it didn’t help.

It pisses me off to see them sponsoring HNIC it’s like adding insult to injury.

lol. That's impressive, because Nortel certainly didn't manage to benefit from Nortel's IP

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
https://globalnews.ca/news/4733155/trudeau-government-reject-jason-kenney-carbon-tax-court-fight/

quote:

Aaron Wudrick, the national director of the Canadian Taxpayers’ Federation which opposes a national carbon tax, says he was not surprised to see the federal government try to block his organization’s submission to the court.

“We were fighting this fight well before the tide turned against carbon taxes, and now that we’re winning on the political front why wouldn’t [the Trudeau government] try to minimize our impact on the legal front? Although if CTF has ‘no expertise’ in economics, it’s a bit rich for them to believe the Suzuki Foundation does!,” Wudrick said in statement e-mailed to Global News.

shut the gently caress up wudrick, youre worse than the loving fraser institute you bootlicker

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

did u kno Black Sheep came out 22 years ago? here's what they look like now

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

I stumbled ass-backwards into a comfortable, easy life for reasons beyond my comprehension and now I think I'm better than you for it.

did u kno Black Sheep came out 22 years ago? here's what they look like now

lmao Premier Ill Fitting Suit

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Another Bill posted:

lmao Premier Ill Fitting Suit

when you're a millionaire but still buy off the rack at tom's

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

:rip:

goodnight sweet prince of etobicoke, may flights of angels sing thee to thy crackpipe

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

https://twitter.com/CochraneCBC/status/1070728393866530816

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

lmao

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

I stumbled ass-backwards into a comfortable, easy life for reasons beyond my comprehension and now I think I'm better than you for it.

Ford's job is 100% to make life difficult for the Liberals, but he's also desperate to change the news cycle today.

https://twitter.com/CBCQueensPark/status/1070473757804896261

https://twitter.com/Tom_Parkin_/status/1070723726055010305

My opinion: Doug Ford is about to find out he doesn't have the anti-mattering shield of a Donald Trump

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

My opinion: Doug has the same anti-mattering shield his brother did. It seems like there will be reprocussions, but somehow there never are.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

My opinion: Doug has the same anti-mattering shield his brother did. It seems like there will be reprocussions, but somehow there never are.

we never found out if things mattered for rob because he died before he could win or lose reelection

the repercussions of his actual behaviour were that council hated him and voted to take away all his power

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
The only way to find out if he has the anti-matter shield is to test it.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
Crack smoking brother kinda points to yeah, hes got the antimatter.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

almost on cue, my fiancee's dad told my fiancee last night that millennials are too sensitive and if we are taking 'baby it's cold outside' off the radio we might as well start burning books as well

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
But who knows

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
I’m totally unsurprised that Dougie took his staff from Deco to the Premier’s office with him, despite their utter lack of qualifications.

James Baud
May 24, 2015

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
The good news is that the Ontario PC caucus can, at any point, kick Doug Ford to the curb. The bad news is that they'll probably wait until he has literally cost the province billions of dollars before doing it.

Christine Elliott, where are you?

James Baud has issued a correction as of 20:08 on Dec 6, 2018

what happened
Dec 2, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo
Canada SPAM - Doug Ford's reprocussions

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN
Rob Ford was stripped of most of his powers and failed to pass most of his agenda. He negotiated a contract with city workers and that's about it unless you want to count the as of yet not constructed Scarberia Express.

He was an extremely ineffective mayor who spent most of his time as de facto opposition to his own mayoralty. Turns out there was a crack in his antimatter shield.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Your high bar is that the man managed to spend four years stymieing all progress? He wasn't deposed (mostly because that was almost impossible procedurally) and he was never charged or in any way punished for his litany of criminal and ethical lapses.

infernal machines has issued a correction as of 22:41 on Dec 6, 2018

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
what was rob ford's agenda, anyway? stop the "gravy train"?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Gut the city, sell the corpse.

Realistically "agenda" is probably a stretch, mostly it was repeal anything Miller did, cut services so that taxes and fees on land transfer and vehicle registration could be reduced or removed. The rest was Doug doing stupid poo poo in the background and picking fights with everyone.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Saw a bunch of video billboard ads from these shitheads at Yonge and Dundas Sq. today. I looked them up and well, what do you know,

quote:

Friends of Science Society
P.O. Box 23167, Mission Post Office
Calgary, AB T2S 3B1
Canada

Never change Alberta, never change.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Saw a bunch of video billboard ads from these shitheads at Yonge and Dundas Sq. today. I looked them up and well, what do you know,

Never change Alberta, never change.

whatever you saw from them, it gets worse:

re: Shepherd's attempt to schedule a talk by Faith Goldy at her school

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

They don't go out of their way to identify themselves, but their data hygiene is poo poo. If you were curious who's behind Friends of Science, just look at the author metadata on the doc/pdf files here https://friendsofscience.org/assets/documents/