Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_WXRp0H0hA

:lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
:allears: This is exactly when I was expecting with "live action cutscenes".

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

http://www.capcom-unity.com/dubindoh/blog/2018/12/06/devil-may-cry-5-an-important-update-on-dantes-theme-song-subhuman

Capcom posted:

Hello everyone, today we have an important update on Dante’s theme song “Subhuman.” Read on below:

Earlier this year, we debuted Dante’s new battle theme from Devil May Cry 5, “Subhuman”, performed by Cody Matthew Johnson feat. Suicide Silence. Shortly after the song’s reveal, we were made aware of unfortunate news and allegations about the track’s main vocalist Cody Matthew Johnson. While the song was written and recorded in-game well before such allegations, we’d still like to ensure, to the best of our abilities, that your experience with the game ultimately goes unmarred. As such, our development team, producers, recording and mixing teams have worked hard to find and implement a new vocal track by Michael Barr.

It is worth noting that the hard work of the Suicide Silence band members, as well as song writers Eddie Hermida & Mark Heylmun, remained intact, as they were not involved with the incidents. As you hear the new track in new promotional materials and in-game, please expect the instrumental parts to sound the same as before. In-game credits have also been updated to properly reflect the new recording.

We hope you continue to look forward to Devil May Cry 5 when it launches on March 8, 2019 on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

this is cool-- i actually found subhuman pretty fitting during the gameplay trailer where there was either no vocals or weren't very prominent. vocals in that track are definitely the worst part but i dig the instrumental bits of it

toss out the bad poo poo and keep the good :thumbsup:

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
Now imagine if Square Enix had the balls to do the same with Sugiyama

Massive kudos to Capcom though, they handled the incident by the book.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
I never particularly cared for Subhuman seeing as the whole song was Written For The Wrong Dante, but as long as Michael Barr doesn't death scream the vocals, it'll be okay

I'll probably buy all of the music DLC anyway for the variety (if changing out the music doesn't turn out to be trivially easy on the PC like it was for DMC4)

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Looking through Michael Barr's stuff it seems like he used to be in a progressive metalcore? Band? And now he's doing pop/r&b which is an interesting change of genres, but whatever he sounds alright from what songs I've heard here and there and the music he's done before isn't the vocals from the original version of Subhuman so it'll probably be fine.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"
So

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1070793716275798016

Here's a new trailer.

And looks like a demo's dropping on XBox tomorrow.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Xbox Portugal's facebook account broke this news I suppose, but there's supposed to be a DMC5 trailer at the game awards tonight and it's actually up on their page right now at this link.

It features

-V Gameplay and battle music
-New Subhuman vocals
-More cutscene stuff and what is possibly Desperation Devil Trigger making a return?
-An announcement of a free update a month after the game releases for Bloody Palace
-A demo exclusive for xbox one users tomorrow, it will come to everything else later I think

Edit: gently caress beaten

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

guys i dunno about you but i'm excited for dmc5

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Kaubocks posted:

guys i dunno about you but i'm excited for dmc5

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Ill tell you how I feel sometime tomorrow

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Captain Baal posted:

Xbox Portugal's facebook account broke this news I suppose, but there's supposed to be a DMC5 trailer at the game awards tonight and it's actually up on their page right now at this link.

It features

-V Gameplay and battle music
-New Subhuman vocals
-More cutscene stuff and what is possibly Desperation Devil Trigger making a return?
-An announcement of a free update a month after the game releases for Bloody Palace
-A demo exclusive for xbox one users tomorrow, it will come to everything else later I think

Edit: gently caress beaten

And the trailer is down.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Not yet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4RJXuSg3Ns

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
So V is basically Maria from Castlevania Rondo of Blood. That's cool with me.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Uh was tbat coop DMC?

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
V is chaos legion???

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Barudak posted:

Uh was tbat coop DMC?

I hope so. Game is gonna own.

TriffTshngo posted:

So V is basically Maria from Castlevania Rondo of Blood one of the protags from Folklore. That's cool with me.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
V's DT being the same as Donte's got a chuckle out of me.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

couple quick things i noticed peeping through the trailer again:

- seems dante's baseball swing from dmc4's dance macabre is back, which is cool because i got more use out of that than crazy dance

- looks like dante can fire kalina ann in the air now. gunslinger move, maybe?

- think i saw dante use cerberus's crystal, so if that's coming back i hope they improve it because woof i did not find much use for that in dmc3

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

New vocals for Subhuman sound WAY better.
Also I sure as hell wanna listen top the whole V track. It sounded like it'd be good as well.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Probably gonna play as V first his combat style just seems so unique and cool.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Is Chaos Legion worth playing? I've heard a lot about it and while it sounded like it wasn't amazing it also seemed like it was interesting enough to be worth a playthrough, especially if you like this genre?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's been a while since I played Chaos Legion, but for what it is I feel like the game is worth playing for at least about an hour. I think the more you progress in that game the more unfun it becomes because your player character's abilities on his own are rather limited even though he's got a shitton of summons and stages just become more stuffed with obnoxious crap. That game's stiff and rigid as hell which is unfortunate cause it's a real cool concept, glad to see they're using it for V and probably better.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
How the hell does every trailer make this game look even better? They're really going all out on this one, drat.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
There were parts that looked coop-ish.
I probably wouldn't get any mileage out of that, but imagine the style videos.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Jack Trades posted:

Is Chaos Legion worth playing? I've heard a lot about it and while it sounded like it wasn't amazing it also seemed like it was interesting enough to be worth a playthrough, especially if you like this genre?

No. Theres not that much variety, the system is more proof of concept than anything, and its longer than youd want. Play only from an education standpoint, not a "gem i missed" standpoint.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"
That Nero toss into Real Impact was *mwah* magnifique.

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit

Momomo posted:

How the hell does every trailer make this game look even better? They're really going all out on this one, drat.

DMC and Sekiro both on March 2019. Gonna be a great month

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Captain Baal posted:

It's been a while since I played Chaos Legion, but for what it is I feel like the game is worth playing for at least about an hour. I think the more you progress in that game the more unfun it becomes because your player character's abilities on his own are rather limited even though he's got a shitton of summons and stages just become more stuffed with obnoxious crap. That game's stiff and rigid as hell which is unfortunate cause it's a real cool concept, glad to see they're using it for V and probably better.

Pretty much. It's not a fun game to play to completion, in my experience, but it is unique to try out.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

I have no idea what the hell was going on in half these shots.
But god drat if it doesn't look cool.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

I think this game might own.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

This game looks amazing. Too bad Dante Coat edition is 8k I would have bought it if the price wasn't absurd.

Capcom has been on fire recently other than their fighting games. Capcom have done all their series justice recently but I really hope we get a sequel to Dragons Dogma or a remaster of Godhand.

Jack Trades posted:

I played it recently and nah it doesn't hold up imo. Visually it's fine but the controls are really bad.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

That demon chicken is absolutely using the Monster Hunter Bird Wyvern skeleton.

Neo_Crimson fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Dec 7, 2018

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
This game looks good as gently caress.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

How can a game be so perfect?

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Is this real?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Nasgate posted:

Is this real?

Hell yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

Nasgate posted:

Is this real?

One of Dante's new weapons is a cowboy hat that he steals from an enemy. You fuel skills with red orbs, and doing really good with the weapon gives you way more red orbs than normal, while doing lovely will leave you broke.