Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
not even CreamOfPlenty's or mormonpartyboat's most outrageous fakeposts could match up to how this game has actually hosed up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
Guys,please don't fall for the bait,it's like....super obvious....

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

my secret is that i am immune to all owns but i am instantly destroyed if someone says the word "histrionics" oh poo poo oh gently caress!!!!!

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
I ordered the beloved pipboy from Bethesda website and it was full of straw??

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
someone please go into a derail about what supermutant sweat tastes like

BillyC
Feb 19, 2013

everythin' under heaven is in utter chaos, cloud

Bread Liar

cuntman.net posted:

my secret is that i am immune to all owns but i am instantly destroyed if someone says the word "histrionics" oh poo poo oh gently caress!!!!!

This sounds like a subjective bug.

BillyC
Feb 19, 2013

everythin' under heaven is in utter chaos, cloud

Bread Liar

Donovan Trip posted:

I ordered the beloved pipboy from Bethesda website and it was full of straw??

Please enjoy your 500 atom compensation and thank you for your cc#, I am not a bethesda rep.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
Heh this fallout game,right here...heh it's heh heh....GOOD! heh heh that'll fuckin' show em! fuckin' idiots with their....fuckin'.....not playing bad games and poo poo....idiots...

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Cyberpunkey Monkey, I am glad you enjoy the game. For your own sake, I hope Bethesda manages to bring it to a state where it is actually playable.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Trying to remember the last game i spent money on and had to justify to myself when it was incredibly loving bad

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

ZeusCannon posted:

Trying to remember the last game i spent money on and had to justify to myself when it was incredibly loving bad

Anachronox?

I loved it at the time but got burned out on backtracking everywhere.

ccubed
Jul 14, 2016

How's it hanging, brah?

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Spun Dog posted:

Start at 5:11 if this link doesn't bring you there. I don't recommend watching any other part of that video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjrDbSgB9IU&t=311s

The video also includes this great talking point,

make sure you pick up these great angry joe hoodies and tee shirts!

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

Tenzarin posted:

The video also includes this great talking point,

make sure you pick up these great angry joe hoodies and tee shirts!

I specifically warned you all about the rest of that video. If you watch it, it's on you.

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012
Fallout 500 Apology Atoms

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG

Bar Crow posted:

Fallout 500 Apology Atoms

an extra hour in the atom pit

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D

this game looks so ugly oh my god (pic stolen from reddit)

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Cyberpunkey Monkey posted:

I'm not defending this game. I'm making fun of the histrionic nonsense people are spewing about 76. There is a difference.

Fwiw, I only threw down my :10bux: X 5 because I got all of Fallout 4 on sale for :10bux: X 5 total and spent 400 hours building virtual blanket forts. I wanted to give Bethesda some more cash to make games. But I guess the consensus around here is that there weren't enough dialogue options, so it must have been a really lovely game? I didn't realize that comparing the number of dialogue options were how we decided which video games were better, but here we are.
are you calling this game better than fallout 4

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i really hope that the we just put this poo poo together from whatever we could find its true. if bethesda really put some effort into this they are megafucked

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

are you calling this game better than fallout 4

All the npcs in this are already dead so thats a vast improvement

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Keeshhound posted:

It really isn't the engine, though; plenty of not-trash games have been made with gamebryo. Bethesda has never really bothered to tighten their games up because people were willing to accept their ridiculously unpolished poo poo (and even polish it themselves.) To put it another way, does anyone here seriously believe that they'd have done a better job with Frostbite or Unreal? The problem is Bethesda, full stop.

I mean yeah obviously that too

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

DoctorGonzo posted:

i really hope that the we just put this poo poo together from whatever we could find its true. if bethesda really put some effort into this they are megafucked
that seems like the only explanation. none of it really screams effort.

Synthbuttrange posted:

All the npcs in this are already dead so thats a vast improvement
actually thats a great way of looking at it. no mama murphy or preston or the racist buzz lightyear guy.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

I'm not defending this game. I'm making fun of the histrionic nonsense people are spewing about 76. There is a difference.

Fwiw, I only threw down my :10bux: X 5 because I got all of Fallout 4 on sale for :10bux: X 5 total and spent 400 hours building virtual blanket forts. I wanted to give Bethesda some more cash to make games. But I guess the consensus around here is that there weren't enough dialogue options, so it must have been a really lovely game? I didn't realize that comparing the number of dialogue options were how we decided which video games were better, but here we are.

Did you create r/fo76filthycasuals

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

CharlestonJew posted:

not even CreamOfPlenty's or mormonpartyboat's most outrageous fakeposts could match up to how this game has actually hosed up

Every joke about this game becomes truth.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

That's the consensus, all right. There weren't enough dialogue options, so it must have been a really lovely game.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

This reads like an intervention for an addict (to money and horrible mental retardation).

Siljmonster posted:

Heres my Open Post to Bethesda

stop, fire yourselves, stop

https://kotaku.com/bethesda-support-leaks-fallout-76-customer-names-addre-1830892930

gently caress you entirely you open scam of a developer

Wow holy poo poo, I used to work in a call center doing customer service tickets for random products outsourced to us as well corporate Oracle database support, among other things.

How is this even possible? Did... did Bethesda attempt to code their own customer service ticketing system yet somehow terribly botched something incredibly basic? :psyduck: If so, why didn't they just outsource this poo poo like any other sane company? Bethesda is insanely incompetent even when it comes to money-grubbing, I literally - without exaggeration - cannot believe it.

How do they manage to walk and breathe at the same time, let alone keep themselves in business for decades?

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Dec 7, 2018

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Tei posted:

my opinion is .. we don't know, and we can be wrong, and the truth can be complicate.

not saying TheAgent is exactly wrong, he is probably onto something. I am just saying without good information is a bad idea to jump to conclusions

having an astronomical amount of doubt of both sides isnt a good stance to stand in

admitting that this is a colossal fuckup and moving past it and letting bethesda deal with the suffering is the best option

but supporting something out of brand or lore fandome than theres something wrong with this whole release down to a t with late capitalism

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

TheAgent posted:

bethesda austin was the main developer on this game, and they were working on battlecry until late 2015/early 2016

they scrapped everything with battlecry, salvaged whatever they could and tried to shoehorn in a fallout franchise using existing assets from previous fallout games and what was already produced for battlecry

they jammed multiplayer into fallout4, thatrs really all that happened. they didnt smash fallout into whatever they built for battlecry

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
https://www.reddit.com/r/fo76/comments/a3rtfw/im_not_mad_at_you_bethesda_im_just_really/

Lol

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Quick note to thread you can like fallout and still hate this game for the buggy ill thought out poorly constructed narrative mess it is. Those two thoughts arent mutually exclusive

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

This reads like an intervention for an addict (to money and horrible mental retardation).

Wow holy poo poo, I used to work in a call center doing customer service tickets for random products outsourced to us as well corporate Oracle database support, among other things.

How is this even possible? Did... did Bethesda attempt to code their own customer service ticketing system yet somehow botched something incredibly basic horribly wrong? :psyduck: If so, why didn't they just outsource this poo poo like any other sane company? Bethesda is insanely incompetent even when it comes to money-grubbing, I literally without exaggeration cannot believe it.

How do they manage to walk and breathe at the same time, let alone keep themselves in business for decades?

The idea that there needs to be a class of people above you called managers, who take on multiple projects at a time and throw them to whomever is capable of doing it, youre going to rush and do stuff fast when the demands are DO SO OR BE FIRED NOW

bug chaser chaser
Dec 11, 2006

:Bethesda:

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1070847247087108096

Farcry 76

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

This should be the emote for bethesda

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Dehry posted:

Farcry 76

I wish so much that Ubi would include and tout a canvas bag in a collector's edition.

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
*crying desperately, sobbing between each breath as tears rain down on my controller with a wallet haphazardly strewn over half of it* PLEASE BETHESDA STAY ALIVE

*shoving credit cards into disc drive*

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

That looks loving awful

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

DoctorGonzo posted:

That looks loving awful

yeah, not feeling it on first impression

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
"what is the best way to make a colorful post apocalypse setting? let's make everything brown and rusted and burned-out but then everyone spray paints it in neon"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
*manager sitting in an ubisoft office watching the rage 2 video*

oh hey we got a new theme to plaster on our engine