Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

END ME SCOOB posted:

I know it came up here recently but there were no receipts: CDProjekt has indeed fired the Gamergate PR dude and if you're one of us for whom that was a deal breaker, feel free to buy from them again.

eurogamer had a lengthy article up about this fiasco today and the guy is all "golly gee gosh i'm just a victim of circumstance, i'm tolerant as anybody"

fuckin chode

e: oh it was already mentioned

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

ymgve posted:

the social media manager who was hired to clean up their forums...don't know what gamergate is? :thunk:

Who ran a site attacking GG targets called "Pixel Gate" that started right as GG was becoming a thing. He's a lying sack of poo poo.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Kotaku, top 10 secrets in games:

Did you know all the achievements in Dead Space spells out Nicole Is Dead?

Did you know there was a secret room for a Nintendo Power winner in Link To The Past?

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
HA, Epic Games comes out swinging at Steam.

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1070870373183315968

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Welp, guess I can remove Subnautica from my wishlist.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

BexGu posted:

HA, Epic Games comes out swinging at Steam.

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1070870373183315968

How old is Super Meat Boy at this point?

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
I'm pretty sure it's public domain at this point

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Also man gently caress off Epic with your lovely service. It somehow even worst then Origin and the Microsoft Store since it trying to force third to use it only. At least the other two are just generally their games and other developers and indie games that are on the other services.

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

excuse me ?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Qmass posted:

excuse me ?

They had a few games announced at the Game Award like a new Super Giant game and a Obisian RPG, but both are Epic only for now.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

??

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Rirse posted:

They had a few games announced at the Game Award like a new Super Giant game and a Obisian RPG, but both are Epic only for now.

There was a Steam logo on the Obsidian trailer.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Qmass posted:

excuse me ?

They're leaning extremely heavy into "You use Unreal engine, you are exclusive to our store" going by the videogame awards. At least for indies.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Sinteres posted:

There was a Steam logo on the Obsidian trailer.

Surprised that wasn't mentioned on Wario64 tweet. Because I am not watching that Game Award show and just looking at the tweet feed for him.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Here's the trailer sans bullshit. It says steam at the end.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Zephro posted:

I hope this is true, but I would guess a lot of publishers pay attention to week-1 sales over everything else.

Bethesda has gone on record before saying that they're cool with funding slow burn niche hits like everything Arkane does. Whether that's still true in light of Fallout 76 or whether or not you trust them at all is another story.

I can't help but be annoyed by the price point considering the original was a scant $20 on release.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
That good to hear then. Amazed it wasn't exclusive to the Microsoft Store to be honest.

Rirse fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Dec 7, 2018

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Rirse posted:

That good to hear then. Amazed it wasn't exclusive to the Microsoft Store to e honest.

They already had deals lined up before the purchase, so it's even going to be on PS4.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Rirse posted:

That good to hear then. Amazed it wasn't exclusive to the Microsoft Store to e honest.

Sunset Overdrive is on steam and runs better than the Windows 10 store incarnation, so Microsoft at least knows where to put the best version of the game on.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

John Murdoch posted:

Bethesda has gone on record before saying that they're cool with funding slow burn niche hits like everything Arkane does. Whether that's still true in light of Fallout 76 or whether or not you trust them at all is another story.

I can't help but be annoyed by the price point considering the original was a scant $20 on release.
Console tax.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

Game looks pretty fun.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
I mean its a trailer, footage could be total bullshit. But at least it looks like it could be fun if not a severe bug landmine, which at this rate next year should be "Not explode your PC" given Bethesda's current trend.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

The past year in videogames has made me permanently averse to any videogame excitement

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Steam Store page if you want to look at pictures.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

2018 makes me adverse to any excitement about anything ever. Just make it end.

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003
No Man's Fallout.

I await my pulitzer.

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
Monster Hunter was worth the hype. And HiTMAN s2. 2 out of 4 dozen aint bad?

Also that steam page confirms it's going to be fallout as hell, lol. Except in a better(?) engine.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I'm looking forward to Arcanum but in space! (hopefully with less Rape Island)

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

sticking the knife in Bethesda :allears:

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
https://store.steampowered.com/app/968790/DYNASTY_WARRIORS_7_Xtreme_Legends_Definitive_Edition___with__DX/
For anyone thinking that Dynasty Warriors 8 costs too much and 9 is complete garbage, but want to play a Warriors game, here is DW7.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

StrixNebulosa posted:

How similar is Occupy White Walls (that art museum creator game) to Tower Unite? I am loving the interface in OWW and want to build more, design pretty places - !

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

Nothing alike. Tower Unite is a minigame server.

Hello I play entirely too much Tower Unite and I would like to correct this misinformation. It is in fact a minigame collection, and you take the money you make from those games to decorate your houses. If customizing a place is your thing you will have a good fuckin time with Tower Unite, probably. It's also an excellent "hang out online" game, and a pretty good "go on safari and see weird poo poo people have made" game.

I've got a thread for it over here full of weird poo poo I've seen https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3838146 Need to update it soon.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Det_no posted:

No Man's Fallout.

I await my pulitzer.
I guess we're just ignoring No Man's Skyrim.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Does this mean I have to try and play Fortnite now if I install the Epic Games Store

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
fortnite comes preinstalled with the Epic Games Store

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I really hope Rage 2 is good, something I never would have thought to say.

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Don't lose your head over it.

Mokinokaro posted:

They're leaning extremely heavy into "You use Unreal engine, you are exclusive to our store" going by the videogame awards. At least for indies.
Or indies would rather give Epic a 12% store cut while waiving the 5% engine license fee instead of Valve a 30% cut plus the 5%. It'll be interesting to see how successful it will be. Indies always say it is hard to breakthrough on Steam nowadays. Which is better, larger exposure to a smaller audience with a bigger cut of the profits or smaller exposure to a much larger audience with a smaller cut of the profits?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

grrarg posted:

Or indies would rather give Epic a 12% store cut while waiving the 5% engine license fee instead of Valve a 30% cut plus the 5%. It'll be interesting to see how successful it will be. Indies always say it is hard to breakthrough on Steam nowadays. Which is better, larger exposure to a smaller audience with a bigger cut of the profits or smaller exposure to a much larger audience with a smaller cut of the profits?
i can say this, discoverability will be kind of hard when the epic store doesn't even have a search bar lol

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

The 7th Guest posted:

i can say this, discoverability will be kind of hard when the epic store doesn't even have a search bar lol

Yeah but there's only like 7 games on the epic store right now

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Propaganda Hour posted:

Yeah but there's only like 7 games on the epic store right now
i dont care, the store should have search bar, browsing and categories now before they actually acquire a lot of games. why is this stuff not in now, like the steamspy guy said he's been working on this for years and yet they're choosing to start at the bottom of the hill and pedal upwards

the client library has no categories, sorting, alternate modes. no compact mode, no TV mode. no controller menu, so presumably no controller remapping, and i'm installing shadow complex to see if there's any kind of overlay but i suspect that there won't be

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

singateco
Jan 28, 2013
I can't even buy the new Supergiant game because they didn't open Epic store in my country. cowards