Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Looks interesting, but there's no way in gently caress I'm paying full price for this after being dumb enough to do it for 5. Even if critical reaction is somehow good, I'm waiting for a sale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Sinteres posted:

Looks interesting, but there's no way in gently caress I'm paying full price for this after being dumb enough to do it for 5. Even if critical reaction is somehow good, I'm waiting for a sale.

its 40 bucks. not 60.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Dapper_Swindler posted:

its 40 bucks. not 60.

I just mean on principle I'm not paying the release price because I feel burned by the last one. If it's good, I can always play it later when it's on sale and when I'm not still so salty about the story in 5.

Edit: After actually watching the trailer, I still think it's interesting in the sense of doing something different, but it didn't do much to make me want to play it.

Dr Kool-AIDS fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Dec 7, 2018

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

Mandrel posted:

Sadly laughing my rear end off at being proven right so quickly

Im both proud of being exactly cynical enough to predict this poo poo in 2018 and also little sad. Think i need to go take a hike and unplug

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
I'd gladly pay $40 for it if it's basically just a reskinned FC5 that's lets me actually have a chaos sandbox to play around in.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Noctone posted:

I'd gladly pay $40 for it if it's basically just a reskinned FC5 that's lets me actually have a chaos sandbox to play around in.

I'd do it for $20-30 probably. Since I paid full price for FC5 (on the promise it was all about murdering white supremacists) and was really let down, ya gotta balance the scales.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

If you'd told me those were Rage 2 shots I'd have believed it

Karpaw
Oct 29, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Unlucky7 posted:

If that is the case the backlash is likely burn away Ubisofts existence entirely.

exquisite tea posted:

The women on the cover are definitely not gonna be the bad guys lmao.

Sorry you're disappointed but as someone who appreciates both the cosy catastrophe trope and the diversity in bad guys which Far Cry has long shown, I'm excited and will give Ubisoft money for another part in this cool and fun series.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
If they can keep the actually fun gameplay of 5 intact while making the story far less obnoxious I'm in.

But I sadly don't see that from this trailer. If anything the twins feel like they're going to be just as bad at boring monologuing.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Yeah definitely seems like a lot of monologue potential, Ubisoft couldn't even get through the trailer without one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6eLHk2Eug78

Wish it were possible to make the thread title an image

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Buying this just because it finally has dog-in-car technology. They said it couldn't be done, but god dammit they went and did it.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Karpaw posted:

Sorry you're disappointed but as someone who appreciates both the cosy catastrophe trope and the diversity in bad guys which Far Cry has long shown, I'm excited and will give Ubisoft money for another part in this cool and fun series.

If it was some other series I wouldn’t mind so much, but like others have said, I do not have so much faith in the writers at this point to make it work, to put it lightly.

Jay Carney
Mar 23, 2007

If you do that you will die on the toilet.
this looks fun, I'll prob pick it up when it's twenty bucks a month after release.

I'm surprised they didn't do this before but a mad max rip with helicopters sounds sweet

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Jay Carney posted:

this looks fun, I'll prob pick it up when it's twenty bucks a month after release.

I'm surprised they didn't do this before but a mad max rip with helicopters sounds sweet

I agree but only if it keeps the ham of Mad Max. I want Road Warrior, but worry that Ubisoft wants The Road.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

watching the gameplay/trailers. it looks fun. the villians are basicaly just neagan but twins, but i am sad gently caress who digs those kind of villians and there dumb hell cults. i liked 5 enough that i curious enough to see who died and who lived.

Shifty Pony posted:

I agree but only if it keeps the ham of Mad Max. I want Road Warrior, but worry that Ubisoft wants The Road.

its far cry and judging by the trailers and the gameplay stuff, it looks like it will have the ham of mad max.

Jay Carney
Mar 23, 2007

If you do that you will die on the toilet.

Shifty Pony posted:

yeah good point, if I can't wear football pads I'm gonna be pissed

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Jay Carney posted:

yeah good point, if I can't wear football pads I'm gonna be pissed

this seems to be having a lighter tone and far cry games always have goofy hammy poo poo. the biggest exception is 2.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjYyVjzV7qk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-BrerTvsMA

This actually looks surprisingly good and it's only $40... guys, I think I'm gonna get it.

Cause I'll never learn from my mistakes.

EVER.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Deakul posted:

EVER.

Gamer motto there

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

All have fallen short in the eyes of the Lord.

KodiakRS
Jul 11, 2012

:stonk:
So if the dog can ride in the passenger seat can the bear ride in the bed of a pickup?

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Oh it's gonna be cheap? Cool. I might actually get this, barring bad reviews, considering I skipped FC5 entirely, in large part because I am so tired with modern firearms. Was it ever explained why Nowhere, Montana got nuked?

Mordja fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Dec 7, 2018

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Mordja posted:

Oh it's gonna be cheap? Cool. I might actually get this, barring bad reviews, considering I skipped FC5 entirely in part because I am so tired with modern firearms. Was it ever explained why Nowhere, Montana got nuked?

motana has gently caress ton of nuclear silos/launch ares in real life and probaly god knows what else underground. it would be a practical target.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

KodiakRS posted:

So if the dog can ride in the passenger seat can the bear ride in the bed of a pickup?

If it can man bear the mounted gun I'll buy the deluxe edition.

Lucas Archer
Dec 1, 2007
Falling...
Ugh, disappointed the two ladies are not the protagonists.

Jokers Gamble
May 31, 2013

Dapper_Swindler posted:

motana has gently caress ton of nuclear silos/launch ares in real life and probaly god knows what else underground. it would be a practical target.

So this is a thing and I considered it but it begs the question, why do all these preppers and the cult have their doomsday survival bunkers built near nuclear targets? Did they not consider that in their prepping? Also whatever is in hope county must be loving rad because it seems like five or ten nukes detonate while you are driving.

Hopefully they work around the writing this time by not trying to go for some pseudo-intellectual plot that just lands on it's face. FC5 should have been an easy game to write but god did they cock it up.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Legit was hoping for this to be the "play as urban blacks loving up a maga cult". Looks like "dangerous urban blacks kidnapped a cult, are you a bad enough dude to accept and save our lord, Joseph Seed?"

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

KirbyKhan posted:

Legit was hoping for this to be the "play as urban blacks loving up a maga cult". Looks like "dangerous urban blacks kidnapped a cult, are you a bad enough dude to accept and save our lord, Joseph Seed?"

doesn't seem like that at all. its seems like the twins are basically Lord Humungus/neagan types and are taking over the area with there big rear end warband. the main characters is gonna be another customizationed new comer.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Jokers Gamble posted:

Hopefully they work around the writing this time by not trying to go for some pseudo-intellectual plot that just lands on it's face. FC5 should have been an easy game to write but god did they cock it up.

It has you fighting two black women violently claiming power from a peaceful community while an older Seed rants "IT'S WRONG IT'S ALL WRONG"

The writing is going to be extremely bad

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

KirbyKhan posted:

Tee hee, chortle chortle, implying ubisoft would do anything outside of the safest of safest bets, giggle giggle

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Songbearer posted:

Tee hee, chortle chortle, implying ubisoft would do anything outside of the safest of safest bets, giggle giggle

Deakul posted:

EVER.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqIqSi3iy8Y

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Songbearer posted:

I’m not sure how whiplashing from ‘sanitized death cult they agree with’ to ‘black women are coming to murder you white folks and take your eden away, best kill them savages’ is SAFE or sane in any way, but

Unless they plan to heel turn by having you join them against Seed but he’ll be cast as an unkillable ‘good’ bad guy again

Poldarn
Feb 18, 2011

Maybe the twins are Seed's children from the deputy he kept chained to a bed for 17 years.

(I haven't seen any videos yet, dunno if that's implied or stated)

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

It shows a peaceful mostly white community before two black women state “we only believe in power and we will either take your home or destroy it”

Like holy gently caress Ubisoft, are you sucking Christian Nazi puckered leaky rear end in a top hat or what

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Caaaaallllled it

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
That thread title is eternal, it seems.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Black August posted:

I’m not sure how whiplashing from ‘sanitized death cult they agree with’ to ‘black women are coming to murder you white folks and take your eden away, best kill them savages’ is SAFE or sane in any way, but

These are gamers we're talking about

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Songbearer posted:

These are gamers we're talking about

Nazis pretty much are the demographic now, huh?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Black August posted:

Nazis pretty much are the demographic now, huh?

Shoulda bought Wolfemstein 2 The Noon Colosus at launch. Vote with your dollars if you dont like naxis spend more on not nozi things.