Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

He is a goofy man. She is also a goofy woman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Mr. 2 is a dude. That's made pretty clear.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Bon Clay is a man who knows a woman's struggles. that is why he's so powerful

my first experience with One Piece was watching the Impel Down arc with my best friend and I absolutely loved Bon Clay, Ivankov, and his followers

it somehow doesn't feel problematic that the queer people all have a "paradise" in superprison because they're written so genuinely and are so key in Luffy's breakout

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

grieving for Gandalf posted:

Bon Clay is a man who knows a woman's struggles. that is why he's so powerful

my first experience with One Piece was watching the Impel Down arc with my best friend and I absolutely loved Bon Clay, Ivankov, and his followers

it somehow doesn't feel problematic that the queer people all have a "paradise" in superprison because they're written so genuinely and are so key in Luffy's breakout

thats why i dont have a problem with okama island. sure they are drawn as hideous caricatures and sanjis behavior is both rude and bigoted, but.....uh.........

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
anyway wheres the chapter

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

scary ghost dog posted:

thats why i dont have a problem with okama island. sure they are drawn as hideous caricatures and sanjis behavior is both rude and bigoted, but.....uh.........

okama island is such a step back from the literal gay hangout in prison and it's really weird

Sanji feels like where a lot of tropes meant to appeal to readers of poor taste are written

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

okama island is such a step back from the literal gay hangout in prison and it's really weird

Sanji feels like where a lot of tropes meant to appeal to readers of poor taste are written

i figure okama island is where the okama that arent able to integrate into society live but honestly its just a rationalization for a setting that exists only to torment sanji

Injuryprone
Sep 26, 2007

Speak up, there's something in my ear.

Lmao

Do you mean, maybe, children?

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Injuryprone posted:

Lmao

Do you mean, maybe, children?

I mean like, people who find bad homophobic humor funny

please don't try to write me into a corner of trying to take a comic for children too seriously, that poo poo don't work on me

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies

you mean oda

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

anyone else remember Big Hat in the freezer

Injuryprone
Sep 26, 2007

Speak up, there's something in my ear.

Well that's just Japan bud.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Raposa
Aug 4, 2007

That post went quite well, I think.
Pull up Thread, pull up! The chapters so close!

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
And here it is! https://jaiminisbox.com/reader/read/one-piece-2/en/0/927/page/1

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

Can we have a spin-off series of Garp camping?

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
I can't believe that Orochi....is Yamata no Orochi

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Huzzah! posted:

Can we have a spin-off series of Garp camping?
Seriously, you could do a whole DVD set on Garp's camping misadventures. Toei, the money is right there for the taking.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

It won't load for me :(

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

Huh odd chapter. I'm not sure what to expect, if the courtesan is another nami look alike I'll be very disappointed. . .

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Very...swift chapter. And then killmenoonepiecenextweek.png

At least Franky got to do something

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME
Hahaha Franky owns

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
So that's Momonosuke's sister, right?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Ubiquitus posted:

Huh odd chapter. I'm not sure what to expect, if the courtesan is another nami look alike I'll be very disappointed. . .

half expecting it to be boa hancock

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Guess we found the owner of the Hebi Hebi no Mi: Model Orochi fruit.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

Pureauthor posted:

Would that be a Mythical Zoan?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Pureauthor posted:

Naah, it's going to be another incredibly goofy SMILE. That intimidating silhouette feels like an obvious setup for a punchline.

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Darth Walrus posted:

Naah, it's going to be another incredibly goofy SMILE. That intimidating silhouette feels like an obvious setup for a punchline.

Maybe all those dragon heads are coming out of his butt.

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.
I really appreciated Franky taking a page out of Seņor Pink's book and supplexing a dude off the top of a building.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Kild posted:

That was my feeling

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Kild posted:

poo poo yeah I meant to say that was my hope too

Though people just being blinded by her beauty and not petrified makes me think it isn't

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Pureauthor posted:

Nah, it feels weird to have another Dragon fruit right after Kaido. I think it's a fake-out and that silhouette is his clothes or throne or something.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Hancock is a slammin' hottie in canon regardless, so it could be her.

Franky remains my favourite post-timeskip Straw Hat, Robin is finally getting to make use of her infiltration skills again, and Usopp has a toad on his hat, which I hope remains until the end of Wano (or he fires it at someone in amazing trick shot).

Sanji is, uhhh, trucking on as Sanji.

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

Give me sanji vs queen

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Open up your Dethday present
It's a box of fucking nothing

Exciting Lemon
I liked the parts where Sanji cared a lot about food and beat people up for spilling food and fed people who wanted food. That's the good Sanji I want more of.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Man with Hat posted:

I liked the parts where Sanji cared a lot about food and beat people up for spilling food and fed people who wanted food. That's the good Sanji I want more of.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I was still guessing on the Orochi fruit being a SMILE knockoff of Kaido that ended up multi-headed, it seems to be where this is all leading up.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Man with Hat posted:

:same:

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010

Man with Hat posted:

:emptyquote:

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
I don't think it's going to be Hancock because they showed her being nice to a child. That's very out of character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
I love Toko. I want her and Luffy to meet and laugh a lot and be pals.