Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde
It is a Jewish thing to not want to go around barefooted at home or just in socks. This is because walking around in socks at home or barefooted is what you do when you’re mourning and it is associated with death.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Delthalaz posted:

It is a Jewish thing to not want to go around barefooted at home or just in socks. This is because walking around in socks at home or barefooted is what you do when you’re mourning and it is associated with death.

that's what house shoes are for

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

Away all Goats posted:

So when DO you take your shoes off? Right before bed? Do you put them on right after waking up? What about taking showers? Do you have shower shoes.

I have so many more questions

I've always made it a point to wear very comfortable shoes, so I rarely even think to take them off unless I'm hopping into bed or taking a shower.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

if its a religious thing then fine but having an extra pair of shoes to wear exclusively in the house might be even crazier

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006
I like to watch CinemaSins and Honest Trailers for all the movies I'm curious about but don't want to watch. It's like Cliff's Notes with commentary notes to use in conversation to "prove you watched it."
This is why I thought the stereotype was so weird. I'm from Arkansas. I grew up with the stereotype of the shoeless hillbilly. But barefoot is my default state, and I'm glad to know that it's way more common. When I do have to shoes, I don't wear socks though. Why does there have to be so many layers?

Food Boner
Jul 2, 2005
:ok:

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I dunno man I take off my shoes when I don't feel like wearing them anymore when I'm home I'm not some oversensitive economic girly man who has to strip off my shoes as soon as I step foot indoors but whatever you freakin' bizarro nerds

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Zokari posted:

if its a religious thing then fine but having an extra pair of shoes to wear exclusively in the house might be even crazier

goon doesn't bother to google an unfamiliar term, film at eleven

"house shoes"

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde
The best homes are the ones with lazy cat owners and a no-shoes policy. You have to brush cat litter off your feet every few steps.

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

"house shoes"

so do those of you with house shoes also sleep in pajamas with a long tassled sleeping cap?

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

"house shoes"

those are just slippers dont gently caress with me

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde

Flavius Aetass posted:

so do those of you with house shoes also sleep in pajamas with a long tassled sleeping cap?

Nah you sleep in sleep shoes obviously

go for a stroll
Sep 10, 2003

you'll never make it out alive

Pillbug
lol if you don't have pajamas and a floppy hat and carry a candle

go for a stroll
Sep 10, 2003

you'll never make it out alive

Pillbug
pajamas actually are really cool though

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

i sleep completely nude except for a pair of filthy tennis shoes

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

I can't imagine living somewhere that you won't tread something into the house. Any time I've walked into my or my family's house with shoes on, it's been absent minded or out of impatience to grab something. Even then i make sure I wipe my feet thoroughly at the threshold because it's p. Egregious in my parts (Buffalo/Niagara Falls region of NY).

Y'all non-jewish people doing this are hosed up mutants. Slipper people excluded.

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

i sleep with crocs on my feet, my hands, and my dick

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

classic jeb

He was supposed to have been the one presiding over his dad’s funeral. Instead he lost the presidency to the New York slum lord scumbag, bringing shame to the entire nation, haha

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.
George W Bush got to deliver his father’s eulogy. His ultimate victory over brother Jeb, the “smart” one

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

W. looks really healthy these days. He’s so loving relieved that he won’t have to spend the rest of his life being remembered as the worst president of all time. He can fade into being the comic relief. He takes selfies with Ellen at baseball games. He sneaks Michelle Obama candy at his father’s funeral. At night, he does modest oil paintings of his dogs.

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
some of you might remember a brief Comedy Central show called Lil' Bush that aired near the end of GWBs presidency. Jeb was a character on the show! According to wikipedia, "Jeb Bush, voiced by Dave B. Mitchell; the indestructible but mentally undeveloped brother to Li'l George. His family shows a general apathy towards his well-being. This could possibly be because he is able to withstand things that would kill an ordinary person, and sometimes benefits from them. In one episode, Jeb withstands a nuclear blast, and in another, climbs onto a missile about to be fired, but appears completely unharmed after the dust clears. When Jeb is hit in the head with a frying pan, he speaks normally (then voiced by Colin Meloy) and openly criticizes his father's governmental decisions. Jeb is treated like a pet, as he is taken for walks, given flea dips, and eats from a bowl with his name on it (often next to the actual family dog Barney)."

Squalid
Nov 4, 2008

Yestermoment posted:

I can't imagine living somewhere that you won't tread something into the house. Any time I've walked into my or my family's house with shoes on, it's been absent minded or out of impatience to grab something. Even then i make sure I wipe my feet thoroughly at the threshold because it's p. Egregious in my parts (Buffalo/Niagara Falls region of NY).

Y'all non-jewish people doing this are hosed up mutants. Slipper people excluded.

If you live in a suburban area without frequent snow and use a personal car for transportation you can travel to/from a house while barely even setting foot outside, and when you do it will often be exclusively on dry cement.

TheDon01
Mar 8, 2009

Everyone ive ever met here in AK always removes footwear when entering homes. Its loving filthy outside and snowy half the year.

And every time im down in the states visiting people I take my shoes off and leave em by the front door and without fail they always look at me like :what:

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost
low energy jeb

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Away all Goats posted:

So when DO you take your shoes off? Right before bed? Do you put them on right after waking up? What about taking showers? Do you have shower shoes.

I have so many more questions

I have a friend who's a diabetic and he wears shoes indoors at all times because he's clumsy as gently caress and a bloody stubbed toe can knock him out of commission.

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

Slugnoid posted:

low energy jeb

energy efficient jeb

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
Outside in the summer I'm barefoot and inside in the winter I wear boots. :colbert:

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

i go around barefoot all the time and only put on shoes when i enter my house, to avoid getting my filthy feet all over my pristine floors

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i've gone days without wearing shoes and i hope to again, gently caress shoes, and while we're at it, gently caress pants, and on a lot of days, shirts can get hosed too.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
if you leave your shoes on inside or clean your butt without water you are a sick infidel

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/prwc_info/status/1070954490373771264

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/ByYourLogic/status/1070140499175059457?s=19

Oh Eric...

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008