Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
devil may cry 5 is a gay cowboy simulator

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Flytrap posted:

One of Dante's new weapons is a cowboy hat that he steals from an enemy. You fuel skills with red orbs, and doing really good with the weapon gives you way more red orbs than normal, while doing lovely will leave you broke.

I can tell this game is amazing because I can't tell if this is an elaborate joke post or not.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Nasgate posted:

I can tell this game is amazing because I can't tell if this is an elaborate joke post or not.

It also calls down a giant $ meteor.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

Wait, it gives enemies hats as well? :staredog:

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

All these hombres inside of my hat.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Nasgate posted:

This is the realest game that has ever loving existed

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Holy poo poo.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Captain Baal posted:

This is the realest game that has ever loving existed

This game is Barkley 2

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

DMCV Demo is a timed exclusive on Xbox.
Implying that it's coming to other platforms too. At least that's something.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I want to hear the full version of the V theme.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Jack Trades posted:

I want to hear the full version of the V theme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tp3qiOKuEBM&hd=1

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
oops wrong thread

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I missed the leak earlier but here's the full trailer for those that need it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHPAnj_Lcbo

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

This game is everything I've ever dreamed of and if it even delivers half of what it looks like it will it'll be the best game in the franchise.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

quote:

Speaking of seeing others in action, you may have noticed a couple of scenes in the trailer where Nero, Dante and V fight demons alongside each other. That is our brand-new cameo system, made specifically to complement Devil May Cry 5’s single player gameplay. Here’s how it works:

The game is primarily a single player experience, but director Itsuno-san and the team really wanted to tell an epic story with three distinct perspectives and play-styles, where the main protagonists run into each other and collaborate from time to time. So to make that a reality, they’ve implemented a system where, while connected to the Internet, players will make guest cameo appearances in each other’s games in real time, or through ghost data gameplay recordings. Depending on the mission, you’ll see another player in the background, but in other cases, you’ll actually be slicing and dicing demons side-by-side with another players!

Again, our focus is in providing a single player experience like no other, so this cameo system also ensures the experience is always smooth as possible with no downtime.

As you conclude each mission with a cameo appearance, you’re given the option to rate the other players “Stylish” if they put on a good show. Just make sure you’re on top of your game too, as a “Stylish” rating can come with useful rewards.

Just be mindful that some missions will be strictly single player, especially as characters split up to explore different areas, so if the story doesn’t have any characters crossing paths, the gameplay experience will reflect that. And if you only play “offline,” you’ll actually be seeing ghost data gameplay recordings of the development team instead of other players’.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

DMC5 is Dark Souls?

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit
Welp, gonna freeze myself until the game is out. Later thread

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Peewi posted:

DMC5 is Dark Souls?

dmc is stupid dark souls

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

That trailer is awesome, but there's also this:

https://www.reddit.com/r/DevilMayCry/comments/a3m8yk/ddmk_0998/

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I like this Sleigh Bells-rear end V theme.

Also Subhuman is a lot better now.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

:allears:

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Resident Evil 6 did something similar.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Yeah, it was actually really neat.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Is that a different Dante theme or the same shameful one?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Crabtree posted:

It's the same one with a better and non-pedo lead singer (afaik).

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

Crabtree posted:

Vocals are different everything else is the same. See how trash the vocals were.

Fereydun posted:

dmc is stupidsexy dark souls

I mean seriously

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Ninja Theory: Old Dante looks like a gay cowboy.

DMC5: gently caress yes he does.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)
V with white hair looks so much like Dante from the original teaser for 4 https://youtu.be/fNRfK7K5zWo

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I'm still very intrigued by V and how the hell he's gonna work, I'm looking forward to his own showcase video.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
It looks like they've taken Vergil's Concentration mechanic from DMC4SE, judging from how many times he menacingly walks around active combat while his minions wreck poo poo.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

V's Battle Theme
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1l0elvnMgfA

It's...very fitting his visual design. I can dig it.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

According to the official site, V's summons are named Griffon, Shadow and Nightmare. Dude's the rogues' gallery of DMC1 turned into a character.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

a cartoon duck posted:

According to the official site, V's summons are named Griffon, Shadow and Nightmare. Dude's the rogues' gallery of DMC1 turned into a character.

He needs phantom imo

Sundance Shot
Oct 24, 2010

toasterwarrior posted:

It looks like they've taken Vergil's Concentration mechanic from DMC4SE, judging from how many times he menacingly walks around active combat while his minions wreck poo poo.

I think Chaos Leigon had something similar when you were getting your minions to do poo poo. Also, iirc V has a limp so it might be that that's as fast as he can walk and he needs his cane or teleportation to move faster.

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

toasterwarrior posted:

Looks like it. A sorta amalgam of Vergil's moveset (teleport, summon swords (?), maybe concentration meter) and Chaos Legion (but not quite).
That Bear/Cat thing also reminds me of the Shadow cats from DMC1.

Adding to the Chaos Legion discussion, it's got some pretty neat ideas, but gets dull as gently caress after about an hour.

Like, all the Legions have specific strengths and weakness, with enemies that are vulnerable/resistant to certain Legions, and they're pretty cool in their own ways; there's a sword one, gun one (which can be precision fired), claw one (speed and agility, but lighter damage), bomb one (highly damaging but short lived, but also can be used as traps), and two "defensive" types - a grappler (slow but powerful and can suplex poo poo), and a shield one (it's basically Royal Guard, but fires lasers).

And there's also Thanatos, but that doesn't count as it's a special one, and it obliterates everything.

As with DMC's weapons, what Legion you have equipped determines the main character's current abilities, and as they level up you can gain moves independant of the Legions - so you can use double jump without having to equip the Legion that specifically allows you to do that, or whatever.

There's also three modes; passive, agressive, and an insta-summon special move they all have - allowing a bit more direct control over the Legions.

There is some depth there, but the problem is that it takes too loving long to grind for EXP to level them up, you can only equip two Legions to swap through before the mission begins without any way to change them during the mission, and the general movement of the main character is painfully clunky, unresponsive and unsatisfying.

The enemy design is pretty bad with everything being a massive meat shield, and unidentifable messes of textures with cheap attacks, and seem like they barely flinch half the time. And even though they're designed with being weak or strong to specific Legions, they don't really take any advantage of that - it's either they're short/close range, or organic/inorganic. That's about the depth to that. They don't get any more difficult, or gain new moves, they just get bloated health.

The level design is just as bad; brown/grey/green/red literal blocks of brick texture, with the occasional "This is a Boss Arena" platform.

Music is pretty sick though - and they have a limited dynamic soundtrack, where the music gets more intense when Legions are on the field (at least, I think that's when it plays - it might not have been implemented, but those tracks do exist).

Anyway, the concept was neat, but the execution was limited.

Also, DMC still looking Sexy Smokin' Sick as gently caress.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

DoubleDonut posted:

He needs phantom imo

He has to earn Phantom and it will poo poo talk Dante even when its helping him.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
Who cares about V look at those sick new buster moves Nero has.

Suplex errrrday

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

WaltherFeng posted:

Who cares about V look at those sick new buster moves Nero has.

Suplex errrrday

i care very much about getting to play a wizard in a character action game