Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

ARB would be a rad mod if he wants the job. Are we clear on who even wants the job yet, or is that a post-brainstorming question?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

richyp
Dec 2, 2004

Grumpy old man

Evil Mastermind posted:

I feel like I have to bring this up: I've been here for a long-rear end time, and I don't think I've ever heard of any of the nominees except for ARB and Beer.

I'm not saying they wouldn't be good mods, but it's hard for me to say if they'd be good if they've never posted outside the 40k thread. If they did please feel free to correct me, but I think that a mod should be more...general? with their posting, if that makes any sense.

If we want a good mod (and we all do), I just think it's got to be someone who's engaged with a bunch of stuff across TradGames. My two cents.

Agreeing with this 100%, but I'd say the same about ARB. As someone who never goes into RPG threads I had no idea who he was either or the posters supporting him, in the same way that most of you guys have no idea who the other nominations are.

What I'm saying is, make Beer4TheBeerGod TG Mod.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!

R. Guyovich posted:

who should mod this forum. i have never set foot in here so am extremely suggestible. please do not take unfair advantage of this and please do not recommend yourself.

1) Serf
2) Inkless Pen
3) Booley

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

richyp posted:

Agreeing with this 100%, but I'd say the same about ARB. As someone who never goes into RPG threads I had no idea who he was either or the posters supporting him, in the same way that most of you guys have no idea who the other nominations are.
Yeah, I get where you're coming from. We're all under the TradGames banner, but we're still pretty sub-divided. Like, I don't think I've ever posted in a board game or minis thread and I've been here for like a decade.

I guess the question is "should how widely they post be a consideration?"

DigitalRaven posted:

ARB or Evil Mastermind.
:shobon:

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
Bring back Winson Paine!

Or, make Ettin the mod forever as penance for whatever sin was bad enough to make him mod in the first place.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Evil Mastermind posted:

I feel like I have to bring this up: I've been here for a long-rear end time, and I don't think I've ever heard of any of the nominees except for ARB and Beer.

I'm not saying they wouldn't be good mods, but it's hard for me to say if they'd be good if they've never posted outside the 40k thread. If they did please feel free to correct me, but I think that a mod should be more...general? with their posting, if that makes any sense.

If we want a good mod (and we all do), I just think it's got to be someone who's engaged with a bunch of stuff across TradGames. My two cents.

Honestly given how distinct the various communities are I think it might be worth considering having a representative from both groups. This subforum is far more active than one like Star Citizen and that group has two mods. I would absolutely advocate for having more than one new mod anyway on account of real life potentially getting in the way.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Honestly given how distinct the various communities are I think it might be worth considering having a representative from both groups. This subforum is far more active than one like Star Citizen and that group has two mods. I would absolutely advocate for having more than one new mod anyway on account of real life potentially getting in the way.
Yeah, that's not a bad idea, really.

Hypnobeard
Sep 15, 2004

Obey the Beard

Yay! Voting!

Book-larnin'
1) Serf
2) Evil Mastermind
3) ARB

Scrunty!
1) Corrode
2) B4TBG

Night Mod
1) gradenko_2000

Hypnobeard fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Dec 7, 2018

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Did Ettin step down or something?

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Beer or Corrode. They're both solid.

Would it be worth considering a mod from the hobby/GW community, and one from the RPG community? As I'm not sure how much crossover we have between those two aspects of TG. As far as I know it's always been a case of two disparate groups in one place. So one from each would help avoid a problem of someone with no interest/lack of context making good faith decisions that piss off the long established communities.

Elector_Nerdlingen
Sep 27, 2004

gradenko_2000 posted:

Alien Rope Burn for TG mod

EDIT: Evil Mastermind

Either, in no parricular order.

Two mods would be better, and 1 each from wargame and rpg background is a good idea.

Elector_Nerdlingen fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Dec 7, 2018

bahamut
Jan 5, 2004

Curses from all directions!

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I think that this is a pretty good idea.

Serf
May 5, 2011

there is a lot to keep track of in TG, so that should be a consideration. the rpg threads alone tend to accrue a lot of posts, and the ccg/minis/boardgame threads are probably even more active in variable amounts

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Regardless of whether it's me or not I think a two mod solution is good.

WereGoat
Apr 28, 2017

Vote Serf!

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

richyp posted:

Changing this up

1) Corrode (if he want's it)
2) Beer4TheBeerGod (he's already a mod and isn't biased)
3) Lovely Joe
4) Booley

I have never seen any of these people post until literally the last two pages.

Anyway Winson will never agree to come back so ARB, Evil Mastermind or Serf are my votes for RPG mod, and I agree that getting a second mod who does wargaming stuff would be a solid idea.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Dec 7, 2018

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
Does this forum really generate enough reports to require two mods?

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Serf/Gradenko 2018!

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
I am also in favor of the Two-Mod Solution.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Panascope for TG mod or the populace will riot

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

I nominate tekopo unless he doesn't want it I guess

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

grassy gnoll posted:

It's less about that and more about people feeling like they know who the mod is, in a subforum with some quite distinct interests which don't overlap even if they are nominally all "traditional games."

DrPop
Aug 22, 2004

Lord_Hambrose posted:

The Choice is Clear: Panascope for a Panafuture

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Corrode posted:

It's less about that and more about people feeling like they know who the mod is, in a subforum with some quite distinct interests which don't overlap even if they are nominally all "traditional games."
Plus it never hurts to have a back-up.

Serf
May 5, 2011

grassy gnoll posted:

i think its more about establishing context for those reports really

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING
Panascope or Booley

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

grassy gnoll posted:

It's probably strongly correlated with whether or not Bedlamdan has been posting recently.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

dwarf74 posted:

It's probably strongly correlated with whether or not Bedlamdan has been posting recently.

Make bedlamdan a mod so there is always a mod present when he is posting

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

grassy gnoll posted:

I can't speak to RPGs, but the hobby community has a distinctive feel built up over a lot of years, and some corrosive long-term bad posters that you need to be paying attention to the threads to even realise what they're doing. It's less volume and more knowing the lay of the land. And, as Corrode said, each of the groups feeling like they are represented.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
Not Lovely Joe. Virtually anyone else.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Did Ettin mod something badly to bring all this on or something?

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

ARB is a good choice cause he's into boardgaming as well so he would be able to represent the boardgaming side of TG as well.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
Lovely Joe
Booley
Panascope for burning everything to the ground and salting the earth

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Comrade Koba posted:

Serf/Gradenko 2018!

Assuming they're willing (a big if, what kind of maniac would want to be a mod?) these guys definitely have my support. There are lots of people in this forum whose opinions I respect or who are really engaged with the community, but these two are consistently the voice of reason when things get heated, which I think is a valuable trait in a mod.

Tuxedo Catfish fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Dec 7, 2018

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
ARB or Serf or Evil Mastermind works for day shift, then Gradenko for night shift.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Meinberg posted:

ARB or Serf or Evil Mastermind works for day shift, then Gradenko for night shift.
I would trust any or all of the four of these.

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

Panascope or Corrode would be good. Booley gets in too many dumbass cringey arguments to be an impartial mod

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

Lord_Hambrose posted:

Warmaster for mod.

Barring that, lovely joe.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Panascope or Corrode would be impartial and funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I'll go with Alien Rope Burn or Evil Mastermind. If Kai Tave wanted it, he'd be good too.