Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Pokemon is the perfect RPG because it doesn’t have any of the additional RPG bullshit

It’s a party game actually

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Well they're publishing Avengers and also maybe that 80s music aesthetic game.

They didn't show any first party games last year either if you don't count bayonetta, though they showed Zelda dlc. Here they showed smash dlc

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

Well they're publishing Avengers and also maybe that 80s music aesthetic game.

They didn't show any first party games last year either if you don't count bayonetta, though they showed Zelda dlc. Here they showed smash dlc

In retrospect it was kind of silly of me buying into the Metroid 4 hype given what they usually reveal at TGA. That’s something they’d save for a Direct

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
I fell into the Smash trap, started the adventure mode and enjoyed some easy but fun button-mashing fights (I haven't played Smash Bros. in 15 years), took a turn left after unlocking Mario or whatever, fought through three or four more interesting fights (i liked the "smash 4 warios at once" one), saw a chest on the map and promptly rain right into the brickwall in front of it.
I've now been wiping to Olimar for upwards of an hour and there's no sign of progress. He seemingly at random can just belt out incredible smash attacks hitting me for 20%+ damage, and smashing me off the area without recourse anytime at 25% total damage. There's that helpful timer in the upper right corner too to let me know that half of my fights routinely end in sub-20 seconds, even after i stopped falling off the platform on my own.

what the gently caress is this poo poo, why can he power-smash me off the stage in nothing but literally three hits total while constantly eating himself back to 0% damage

Freezer
Apr 20, 2001

The Earth is the cradle of the mind, but one cannot stay in the cradle forever.
Into The Breach is discounted in the shop. Made by the people who designed FTL, its a great little tactics game.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Kurtofan posted:

does the switch in docked mode not turn on unless it's charged?

Usually no. I find if you drain it completely you sometimes have to give it five minutes or so.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
I'm not sure how I feel about skill trees and constantly leveling up stickers, I hope the campaign difficulty is balanced around this. I thought you'd just equip and unequip stickers like static equipment or something

Other than that holy fuuuuck smash is one slick package. Sucks that I had to come into work but whatever, at least I have a smash party to look forward to after the day is over

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Healbot posted:

P5 is not only extremely anime, it is the animeest game you could think of.

Hm...

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Healbot posted:

P5 is not only extremely anime, it is the animeest game you could think of.

Someone clearly hasn't played a Yakuza game.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ya8SPJJtJCA

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
where katamari

also Prince for Smash pls

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Due to the coinciding release date, the Katamari port should've been called Super Roll Cousins.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I wanna know how Nintendo managed to swing a deal with Disney that is allowing them to publish an exclusive MARVEL game. Like maybe they were allowed one use of an IP of their choice for the Bowser cameo in Wreck-It Ralph or something cause lol at getting Disney to agree to using an IP that doesn’t maximize profit for them

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Nintendo is publishing it, so they're probably paying for its development so Wolverine will be a DLC character in Smash is what I'm getting at.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Nintendo is publishing it, so they're probably paying for its development so Wolverine will be a DLC character in Smash is what I'm getting at.

Hmmmmmmmmmm I think you mean modern sensation Wolverine 2 deadpool which honestly would sell a lot of switches

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
The fifth DLC character is going to be Goku.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Gripweed posted:

The fifth DLC character is going to be Goku.

Kikkoman
Nov 28, 2002

Posing along since 2005
Legit just had a moment where I considered getting Football Manager 19 over Katamari, Genesis Collection, DB Fighterz on sale and Diablo 3 on sale. What the hell is wrong with me, I don't even like or know anything about soccer!

RME
Feb 20, 2012

OhFunny posted:

Metroid: Samus Returns is good :colbert:

It was fine/medium but also probably the best thing that studio they contracted had made

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
I know I'm late to the party here, but where the hell was all that Metroid stuff that was supposed to happen?

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.
I got the Sega collection, it's tremendous fun. I had a friend with a megadrive, so I'm playing all the stuff I couldn't play enough of years ago. It's amazing how much better a 2d game holds up than a 3d game like PS1.

Columns imo. IMO!!

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Up Liam Robertrons butthole

RME
Feb 20, 2012

BisterdDave posted:

I know I'm late to the party here, but where the hell was all that Metroid stuff that was supposed to happen?

It didn’t

Kikkoman
Nov 28, 2002

Posing along since 2005
Also I'm listening to Smash music on shuffle until my shift ends like that lady in the commercial :cool:

e: nice, Circle of the Moon music! My first game on GBA

Kikkoman fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Dec 7, 2018

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Kikkoman posted:

Also I'm listening to Smash music on shuffle until my shift ends like that lady in the commercial :cool:

I have my switch on my desk in my office and soemtimes just close the door to get a quick match in

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

AlphaKeny1 posted:

Persona 5 is light years ahead of XB2. XB2 is a good example of why anime was a mistake. Persona 5 is a good reason for why anime isn't always bad.

i think a lot of people just read 'anime' and think have a very specific idea of what anime is and its like, yeah thats not really all or even a bunch of anime

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

eonwe posted:

i think a lot of people just read 'anime' and think have a very specific idea of what anime is and its like, yeah thats not really all or even a bunch of anime

Somebody said that putting the Persona guy in Smash was "adding anime to Smash". I think some people genuinely don't understand that there are only a handful of characters in Smash who aren't anime.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

eonwe posted:

I think a lot more people would be less close minded about anime if the fanbase wasn't so obnoxious n gross. But really, I feel like that applies to any fanbase nowadays

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Gripweed posted:

Somebody said that putting the Persona guy in Smash was "adding anime to Smash". I think some people genuinely don't understand that there are only a handful of characters in Smash who aren't anime.

The anime is coming from inside the house

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

KingSlime posted:

I think a lot more people would be less close minded about anime if the fanbase wasn't so obnoxious n gross. But really, I feel like that applies to any fanbase nowadays

I guess like any fanbase it sorta depends on who you associate with? I hang out with an anime club IRL and they are the biggest bunch of normie type people I've ever met besides being a little nerdy

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Oh yeah I don't have any exposure to self-described anime fans irl, it's mostly from SA.

Ah, I see your point

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

was there anything in TGA about Animal Crossing for Switch? :ohdear:

Kashuno posted:

I have my switch on my desk in my office and soemtimes just close the door to get a quick match in

you know once i buy this we're gonna play all the time, and i also want to battle you from my workplace :kingsley:

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Gripweed posted:

The war was already lost by the time they added Ike

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

The persona 5 dancing game came out for switch this week.

You suck for making me think this was true. :argh:

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

gmq posted:

You suck for making me think this was true. :argh:

I thought it was true too. I saw a gamexplain video about the game which I didn't watch, I thought they only did Nintendo

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

KingSlime posted:

Oh yeah I don't have any exposure to self-described anime fans irl, it's mostly from SA.

Ah, I see your point

lol, yeah

anime and anime style games definitely can be on the creepy or gross side too though 100%

AfroGunsou
Dec 8, 2009

:yeah:

Gripweed posted:

none of the characters arent anime

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Anime likers are people too

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

how can you say you aren't a fan of anime when you are yourself anime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

AfroGunsou posted:

none of the characters arent anime

I think a case could be made for King K Rool not being anime