Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Battle Princess Madelyn has been delayed to 13th of December, for both Switch and PS4, so right now you can only play it on Xbox and PC. :thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Nintendo is publishing it, so they're probably paying for its development so Wolverine will be a DLC character in Smash is what I'm getting at.

I would laugh real hard if Smash wound up with Wolverine and MvC:I never did. Hell I laugh at MvC:I pretty hard already.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

is there a way to play the smash bros world of light mode 2 player?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Kly posted:

is there a way to play the smash bros world of light mode 2 player?

No. You can play classic mode 2 player though.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
When is Cursed Castilla supposed to come out? I never got to play that one and having it on Switch sounds great. Fuckin' loved Hydorah.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

HenryEx posted:

I fell into the Smash trap, started the adventure mode and enjoyed some easy but fun button-mashing fights (I haven't played Smash Bros. in 15 years), took a turn left after unlocking Mario or whatever, fought through three or four more interesting fights (i liked the "smash 4 warios at once" one), saw a chest on the map and promptly rain right into the brickwall in front of it.
I've now been wiping to Olimar for upwards of an hour and there's no sign of progress. He seemingly at random can just belt out incredible smash attacks hitting me for 20%+ damage, and smashing me off the area without recourse anytime at 25% total damage. There's that helpful timer in the upper right corner too to let me know that half of my fights routinely end in sub-20 seconds, even after i stopped falling off the platform on my own.

what the gently caress is this poo poo, why can he power-smash me off the stage in nothing but literally three hits total while constantly eating himself back to 0% damage

If you haven't, go flip through the Help menu. There's lots of little, non-obvious things you can do that aren't really taught outside of there.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
I heard Persona 5 is in Smash now. When are we getting Makoto as an echo fighter of Wario?

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

DalaranJ posted:

I heard Persona 5 is in Smash now. When are we getting Makoto as an echo fighter of Wario?

I DO wish they had picked any other character from the game, tbh.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

M:UA 3, if it's like Spider-Man on PS4, will be a partnership between Nintendo, Team Ninja, and Marvel. So whatever Marvel okays, will be in the game, they'll also okay some game-only stuff like costumes or something. Nintendo will probably allow their personal characters in if Marvel allows it (like maybe no Mario but Link and Samus..which were supposed to be in M:UA 1 anyway at one point).

According to all Insomniac has said, they had to ask Marvel for the okay on decisions every step of the way. Marvel is trying to do the whole quality games thing since people are sick of their mobile crap. This won't be better than Spider-Man simply because there's way too many characters to focus on. But it WILL be better than M:UA 1 and 2. Simply because Nintendo and Marvel care more than Activision. Vicarious and Ravensoft cared...but Activision just wanted to milk things.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Huxley posted:

I DO wish they had picked any other character from the game, tbh.

I mean they are kind of interchangeable. They don’t have what you would call characters

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

CharlestheHammer posted:

I mean they are kind of interchangeable. They don’t have what you would call characters

:rolleyes:

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Persona 5 is a really big mess.

The only real character is the cat. Maybe the dude if dumb is a character trait.

CharlestheHammer fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Dec 7, 2018

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

CharlestheHammer posted:

The only real character is the cat. Making the dude if dumb is a character trait.

And his character is being a tedious rear end in a top hat.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

CharlestheHammer posted:

The only real character is the cat. Maybe the dude if dumb is a character trait.

Go to bed

mikemil828
May 15, 2008

A man who has said too much

Heath posted:

Go to bed

https://youtu.be/PHKc-YXVBhM

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

ThermoPhysical posted:

Nintendo will probably allow their personal characters in if Marvel allows it (like maybe no Mario but Link and Samus..which were supposed to be in M:UA 1 anyway at one point).

I am eagerly anticipating the Rocket Raccoon and Tom Nook buy the universe DLC.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
Katamari is good

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

HenryEx posted:

I fell into the Smash trap, started the adventure mode and enjoyed some easy but fun button-mashing fights (I haven't played Smash Bros. in 15 years), took a turn left after unlocking Mario or whatever, fought through three or four more interesting fights (i liked the "smash 4 warios at once" one), saw a chest on the map and promptly rain right into the brickwall in front of it.
I've now been wiping to Olimar for upwards of an hour and there's no sign of progress. He seemingly at random can just belt out incredible smash attacks hitting me for 20%+ damage, and smashing me off the area without recourse anytime at 25% total damage. There's that helpful timer in the upper right corner too to let me know that half of my fights routinely end in sub-20 seconds, even after i stopped falling off the platform on my own.

what the gently caress is this poo poo, why can he power-smash me off the stage in nothing but literally three hits total while constantly eating himself back to 0% damage

I was watching the biggest smash streamer fight against inklings for an hour, he literally said "this is a bug right? This isn't what they intended." Definitely what i was worried about. I know it's harder, but side scrolling adventure mode would've made it way more palatable.

Maybe one day they'll drop smash run in.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Really liking Smash (this is my first Smash) but I have like, less than zero idea what is even going on. Like, none.

Playing WoL and was at the one near the roundabout where the chest is and was fighting a princess with a Fatal Frame spirit in a spooky house. The CPU helper comes out and takes pictures and I try to dodge but it seems like my health is just permanently-falling or whatever. Brick wall there.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
I think you're supposed to find and equip the right spirits in those situations. If you're just blindly smashing against a brick wall without thinking about your gear, that's more on you than it is on the game imo

I think, anyways. I'm only a few areas in myself. Does the auto equip suggest particularly useful or relevant spirits for those "bullshit" fights? Was the really big streamer stepping back to think about the battle conditions and ways to mitigate the disadvantage?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
I don't think it's a coincidence that Katamari is back so soon after the term BDE was coined. The King of All Cosmos has returned, now that we have a a way to describe him.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

DalaranJ posted:

How DARE you

Cloud Strife rides a motorcycle too you jerk

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I feel like World of Light is decent but spirits are actually terrible.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Got Wolfenstein on the black Friday sale. Really enjoyed it and kinda amazed that it ran as well as it did on the switch. Currently wrapping up endgame content. It really scratched an itch for me. I like the lite stealth elements, or the ability to go all out and shoot and blow everything up. Are there any games remotely similar on the switch? Im guessing not really.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Kashuno posted:

I feel like World of Light is decent but spirits are actually terrible.

I like collecting them. Using them, not quite as much, especially since the load times are just a few seconds longer than I'd like. What I do miss is the blurbs from the trophies. It was fun learning those little factoids, but I can see how cutting back on writing would've helped them a lot.

What bugs me about the World of Light, is that it reminds me of Mario Tennis's story mode. It's a weird world design that Nintendo just seems to be doing over and over again.

I love that the main theme is as good as it is, because it's been stuck in my head all day and will be for the near future.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Gripweed posted:

Katamari is good

This is good to hear, friend, my switch should be downloading it, ready for when I get home, to play the perfect game, Katamari, on the perfect console, the Nintendo Switch, in the perfect place, the toilet

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
Is there a way to use the Wii U Gamecube controllers (the ones that plug into the wiimote and have character-specific color schemes) on the Switch?

Vvvv Yes

Chill Penguin fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Dec 7, 2018

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
Is Marvel Ultimate Alliance those XMen Legend games?

AfroGunsou
Dec 8, 2009

:yeah:

Chill Penguin posted:

Is there a way to use the Wii U Gamecube controllers (the ones that plug into the wiimote and have character-specific color schemes) on the Switch?

I dont think the switch supports wiimotes so your option there might be one of the adapters that has the wiimote port on it like the 8bitdo gbros adapter

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Wildtortilla posted:

Is Marvel Ultimate Alliance those XMen Legend games?

It's the progression of XML yeah.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

AfroGunsou posted:

I dont think the switch supports wiimotes so your option there might be one of the adapters that has the wiimote port on it like the 8bitdo gbros adapter

It's weird how the Switch will handle SO MANY different types of controllers, even ones not even made by Nintendo, and yet, no Wiimote support. :psyduck:

Meeko
Sep 15, 2017

That's right! I'm the counting sheep, Meeko. And I'm a proper sheep youkai!

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

It's weird how the Switch will handle SO MANY different types of controllers, even ones not even made by Nintendo, and yet, no Wiimote support. :psyduck:

joycons pretty much do everything a wiimote does but a bit smaller, and the wiimote itself isn't really a good controller.

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

Polyakov posted:

Persona 5 would have been excellent if they removed like 20 hours of really tedious padding, instead it's just pretty good.

Freezer posted:

Into The Breach is discounted in the shop. Made by the people who designed FTL, its a great little tactics game.

Yeah! Cashed in my Nintendo bucks and got Into the Breach, Celeste and Doom for 39.99 Canadian. Great deal.

Although I’ve only played 3 rounds it seems to be equal part puzzle game, almost more puzzle than tactics per se, but I’m enjoying it a lot.

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

It's 100% a puzzle game.

A very well-crafted one that has many hours of enjoyment ahead for you.

And good music.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Astro7x posted:

No first party Nintendo trailers at the game awards? Don’t they usually show something?

Most likely holding on their announcements for the January Direct to set up their releases for the year. TGAs was strictly all Smash for them.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Is katamari damacy supposed to control like absolute dogshit or is my controller acting up?

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

I played Smash on N64 and loved battling my friends after school. Didn't play it on GC. Was waiting for it to come out on Wii and just couldn't get into it when it did. When it came out for Wii U I was excited and pumped to play but just couldn't get into it. Told myself I wouldn't buy this one but with all the hype I wound up purchasing it. I hope I like it, I really do. I want to love Smash Bros.

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Most likely holding on their announcements for the January Direct to set up their releases for the year. TGAs was strictly all Smash for them.

And yeah, with them not doing any kind of 2019 announcements at all last night, they will for sure need to do a January Direct to shine some light on stuff. There are currently a lot of title on announcements for 2019 but with the exception of Yoshi and Fire Emblem, nothing has really been shown off much. I really hope Animal Crossing is a mid year release at the latest. That will be a really big one for them and with a new Pokemon slated to most likely anchor the November spot, AC could really hold the fort earlier in the year.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Frankston posted:

Is katamari damacy supposed to control like absolute dogshit or is my controller acting up?

You're pushing a giant ball with brooms or whatever sticking out so it doesn't roll quite right, it's supposed to be kinda difficult to get it to go exactly where you want

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
What am I doing wrong with my 8Bitdo N30 Pro? I tried to sync it to the system and that didn't work. I then tried to do a firmware update for the first time, the usb update button is grayed out and I can't get it to work. (the control is blinking and I pushed L/R/start) I can't even get the control to stop blinking.