Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
Wow yeah they really improved upon their original forms in the anime. Too much, it seems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
The new designs rule and I can't wait for Shion to don the full business suit and wield a loving zweihander.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
Cool that you're doing live watches/group showings, I'm just sad that I can't typically make it since I have a D&D game Monday nights.

No games on Christmas Eve or New Years Eve coming up though, so keep on doing it on those days when lots of people won't be able to make it and I'll try to show up then :thumbsup:.

A fun episode, I don't even mind the evolved forms being slightly less dope sometimes since the princess is still super cute. I don't think she quite has the extra long sleeve thing going on that she does before being named (looks like she does in bits of the episode but not in the ED), so if those poses of her with her hands hidden behind long sleeves don't show up again then I will just be inconsolable.

Also Kazuma Lizard is even more fun than I expected, it really is a fun casting choice.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
I find it funny that the actual problem is that the ogre's originally were just done too well.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

NowonSA posted:

Also Kazuma Lizard is even more fun than I expected, it really is a fun casting choice.

I hope the joke is that Rimuru names the lizardmen and all the ones that he names become more powerful than him, but he has to keep pretending that he is still the strongest.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

chumbler posted:

I choose to believe the naming evolution thing, from goblins through wolves through orc lord and ogres, is all just to set up the punchline of the one evolved ogre just looking like a scruffy middle aged guy.
That and the goblin elder hulking out earlier.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

One thing I just noticed - the OP and ED flow into each other if you pay attention to the start/end of each

Blew my mind when I saw it

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Beasteh posted:

One thing I just noticed - the OP and ED flow into each other if you pay attention to the start/end of each

Blew my mind when I saw it

Yeah I noticed it when they updated the Ending video. Thought it was loving brilliant.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018
Episode 11 preview images

https://twitter.com/senpaiShubham/status/1070861723865763840?s=20

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Patware posted:

i love this show but really genuinely mourn these redesigns

yeah seriously, the original designs were great

(as funny as the middle-aged ogre joke is)

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

Ah, they made some more!

https://twitter.com/senpaiShubham/status/1070861761169973248

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Super Saiyan Gobuta Super Saiyan

Vorpal Cat
Mar 19, 2009

Oh god what did I just post?
In soviet isekai, best girls fight over who gets to use YOU as a body pillow.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Vorpal Cat posted:

In soviet isekai, best girls fight over who gets to use YOU as a body pillow.

Have you confirmed this isn't actually already written?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Yeah that's pretty much normal isekai.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

nielsm posted:

Have you confirmed this isn't actually already written?

I just asked google. 'That time I was reborn as the world's comfiest body pillow' isn't a thing so the statement is technically true!

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Who's the green-hair?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Grouchio posted:

Who's the green-hair?

i think that's the spirit of the forest Rimuru and co. live in

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

dogsicle posted:

i think that's the spirit of the forest Rimuru and co. live in

Sort of. Her name is Treyni and she's a Dryad, the closest existing relative to the lost fairies and pixies who had left for the spirit realm long long ago. She's the eldest of three sisters and they serve as the spirit guardians of the forest and are universally respected by all.

doomrider7 fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Dec 8, 2018

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

All things that will be revealed in the next episode and should be spoilered.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Rubellavator posted:

All things that will be revealed in the next episode and should be spoilered.

poo poo. Sorry you're right. Fixed.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

yeah i'm just running off of half-remembered bits of the bad manga scans so i'm not surprised the finer details escaped me. i didn't even read past this orc stuff.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

dogsicle posted:

yeah i'm just running off of half-remembered bits of the bad manga scans so i'm not surprised the finer details escaped me. i didn't even read past this orc stuff.

Yeah those early scans were ROUGH. The new scanlator Shurim is redoing them now.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Also, they just stopped, so it was years before it got any new chapters scanlated.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

IShallRiseAgain posted:

Also, they just stopped, so it was years before it got any new chapters scanlated.

Yeah I remember that. Jesus it was so surreal how I "Redsicovered" the manga. I had opened a tab on my opera browser back in...Jesus, '17 maybe '16 even when the manga was just starting, and I had closed the browser and stopped using it for one reason or another. Later on using another browser, I notice an update for the manga and started reading it remembering that I had meant to start it at some point. Then one day I found my old tab about the manga while using opera again. It was a long surreal journey, but one well worth it given how much fun the series is.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

doomrider7 posted:

Sort of. Her name is Treyni and she's a Dryad, the closest existing relative to the lost fairies and pixies who had left for the spirit realm long long ago. She's the eldest of three sisters and they serve as the spirit guardians of the forest and are universally respected by all.
Umm excuse me don't you mean Trainee-san :shepface:

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018
First volume is free right now on Bookwalker along with others like Flying Witch, Chihayafuru, and Boarding School Juliet.

https://www.reddit.com/r/TenseiSlime/comments/a47tzj/that_time_i_got_reincarnated_as_a_slime_manga/?st=jpfo7tb2&sh=b508979a

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018
New episode this week. Group showing in link below. Will need account.

https://www.rabb.it/doomrider7

Episode was lots of great fun. I'll do a replay of the episode for those that might have missed it later tonight for those interested in group watching.

doomrider7 fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Dec 10, 2018

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Yakuza 7 looking good.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
Fun stuff ahead. I liked that they made the meeting and Dryad's entrance look much more impressive than it did in the manga, seemed like there were more people there, it's got a nice formal building that I don't recall from the manga, and the Dryad entrance was much fancier.

It gives me high hopes for stuff coming up that already looked quite good to my eye in the manga.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
I'm very proud of my good son Gobta.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Mulderman posted:

I'm very proud of my good son Gobta.
I'm feeding my Gobta
He is growing stronger

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

NowonSA posted:

Fun stuff ahead. I liked that they made the meeting and Dryad's entrance look much more impressive than it did in the manga, seemed like there were more people there, it's got a nice formal building that I don't recall from the manga, and the Dryad entrance was much fancier.

It gives me high hopes for stuff coming up that already looked quite good to my eye in the manga.

They skipped introducing them, but there's a council now. Goblin King Rigurd, the four Goblin Lords in charge of Justice, Legislation, Administration, and Production, Rugurd, Regurd, and Rogurd, and Ririna, Rigur as security detail and envoy, the Kijin, and Kaijin all serve as advisors to Rimuru. The intro for Treyni was amazingly well done.

To explain why the Dryads are such a big deal, they're the guardian spirits of the Forest of Jura and the last closest kin to the lost fairies and pixies whose queen and bulk of the race departed for the spirit realm.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Everything about the meeting between Rimuru's and Gabiru's factions was so good. Good job, 8-bit.

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
lol at lizard prince's mount clapping for him

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Onean posted:

Everything about the meeting between Rimuru's and Gabiru's factions was so good. Good job, 8-bit.

You can FEEL the Kazuma from Konosuba oozing from Gabil.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Stink Billyums posted:

lol at lizard prince's mount clapping for him
The dorkiest of all the lizardmen. :allears:

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

doomrider7 posted:

You can FEEL the Kazuma from Konosuba oozing from Gabil.

I'm pretty sure the VA slipped straight into Kazuma voice when he had to do the "Wow" of ogling Shion.

Also Gobta got a good showing but good god Ranga try not to give everyone nightmares with your hellhound anger :magical:

Also I see no possible way they're gonna cover everything in the OP with just 2 cours at the current pace, so I presume the OP was made with a view of including some later moments as a sort of teaser in the hopes of additional seasons (which to be fair, judging by popularity is more likely then not, though whenever I say this I end up being proven wrong so)

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Ranga's so good. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I cant believe gobta loving died