Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

CommieGIR posted:

He did it for the kicks, man. I'm sure Ghomert honestly believes that.

gohmert is legit evangelical southern moron, so he probably legit believes all the bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

ArgumentatumE.C.T. posted:

Changing the subject to the Republicans, great.

Ocasio-Cortez just created a problem for herself. For a twitter burn. She is making a big habit of creating problems for herself, and she's not going to be able to slide out from under them the same way Trump does.

Nah. That is the only response this line of argumentation really deserves. AOC is overwhelmingly popular and contrary to popular opinion, not an idiot. Nobody will care about this by Monday.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

What do you think you're accomplishing by mocking the people pointing this out? She just created evidence of her intent to abuse political power. She just committed a completely unforced error. This tweet has already been archived and screenshotted several hundred times. She is going to have to make excuses for this tweet live on CSPAM on the floor of the House if they subpoena Trump Jr.

This was a gently caress-up.

You like Betsy DeVos of course you hate AOC

https://www.apnews.com/e49acff34a2649338a9f10345b6ed6b9

DeVos is going to tighten up the rules for Title IX to do something about the growing abuses of it.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Pander posted:

You are the gently caress-up, John.

"No John. You are the gently caress-ups."

And then John was a centrist.

VorpalBunny
May 1, 2009

Killer Rabbit of Caerbannog

haveblue posted:

If he gets the death penalty he won't actually get offed for decades, hopefully white nationalism will be less of a problem by then.

I bet they said that 60 years ago.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

haveblue posted:

"No John. You are the gently caress-ups."

And then John was a centrist.

He's not a centrist he's a Republican lol

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

Pander posted:

lol

She's not going to be part of whatever intel or judiciary committee subpeonas stuff. It's not "the house" subpeonaing Jr.
Also, even if she was it doesn't matter - if the committee votes to issue the subpoena then it's done. There's no higher authority to appeal to and no one on the committee is going to vote against a subpoena because of a loving tweet.

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
The President tweets whatever goddamned dumb poo poo he wants, but AOC will have to answer for the crime of responding to a post that suggested she eats dogs.

Ghetto SuperCzar
Feb 20, 2005

imagine being one of like 3 people on the entire internet to have that thought about that tweet.

The other two are ben shapiro and alex jones.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Dow down 600 lol

Ghetto SuperCzar
Feb 20, 2005

This AOC tweet is above our pay grade, sounds like a job for Surefyre Intelligence. Someone get Wohl on the phone stat, we got some deep state problems going on.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Ghetto SuperCzar posted:

The :decorum: talk is especially silly given all the rumors about Jr potentially being indicted anyways due to his role in a criminal conspiracy but do you, worrisome centrists.

Sometimes openly describing your own personal bias has legal consequences and can actively hurt your goal but you do you, person with lack of forethought.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Ghetto SuperCzar posted:

This AOC tweet is above our pay grade, sounds like a job for Surefyre Intelligence. Someone get Wohl on the phone stat, we got some deep state problems going on.

DECLAS.

THINK ABOUT TWEET.

WHY THE TWEET?

WHERE IS AOC?

STOP. ASK QUESTIONS.

DECORUM IS COMING.

ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lightning Knight posted:

Nah. That is the only response this line of argumentation really deserves. AOC is overwhelmingly popular and contrary to popular opinion, not an idiot. Nobody will care about this by Monday.

Do you really not understand that there are people stockpiling this poo poo to throw back at the Democrats? And that when they throw it back, it is going to hurt when they do it? Every Democrat in the House is going to be dragged into either disavowing AOC or standing by her every time there is a twitter burn the Republicans can drag up that makes her look like she is anticipating the opportunity to abuse political power. Every time. Every day.

And about that "overwhelmingly popular" bit:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_York%27s_14th_congressional_district#Election_results

She beat 2014 and 2002. Every other midterm had more votes for the Democrat. The people that actually got to vote her into office didn't even respond to that opportunity like it was anything special. She isn't even tremendously popular within her own goddamn district.

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
There will be no consequences for that tweet. Why is this hard to understand

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

skylined! posted:

Sometimes openly describing your own personal bias has legal consequences and can actively hurt your goal but you do you, person with lack of forethought.

Yeah, her personal bias against a guy nonstop tweeting memes about her. How dare she.

it's always rad to see people who went into a coma starting october 2016 and are just emerging now.

JasonV
Dec 8, 2003
https://twitter.com/taralach/status/1071079511373070336

VorpalBunny
May 1, 2009

The best analysis I heard this morning about Trump's pick for new AG - he nominated a classic "Deep State" dude.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Popete posted:

You don't lose anything until you cash out. The point of IRA and 401k long term investments is that despite whatever markets do (up and down) it shouldn't matter all that much until you get to retirement. You want a diverse portfolio for that reason and dividends to generate passive income that can be put back in.

I thought what it was doing was using your money to buy stocks in index funds or something and banking on the idea that over time it goes in a positive direction? i.e. having someone else buy stocks for you?

Xombie
May 22, 2004

Soul Thrashing
Black Sorcery

Changing the subject to the Republicans, great.

Ocasio-Cortez just created a problem for herself. For a twitter burn. She is making a big habit of creating problems for herself, and she's not going to be able to slide out from under them the same way Trump does.

pseudanonymous posted:

It's not about decorum, it's about doing what's right. Trump should be investigated because he committed crimes, not because someone trolled someone on twitter. Investigating someone for pissing them off is what Republicans do.

I understand that Republicans focus on AOC because she gets under their skin, but cannot for the life of me think of why you would think that a 29-year-old freshman representative from Brooklyn who has not even been sworn in would have any meaningful influence in congress.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://mobile.twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1071132880368132096

gameday
Apr 29, 2006

Hungry for sport

Do you really not understand that there are people stockpiling this poo poo to throw back at the Democrats? And that when they throw it back, it is going to hurt when they do it? Every Democrat in the House is going to be dragged into either disavowing AOC or standing by her every time there is a twitter burn the Republicans can drag up that makes her look like she is anticipating the opportunity to abuse political power. Every time. Every day.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_York%27s_14th_congressional_district#Election_results

She beat 2014 and 2002. Every other midterm had more votes for the Democrat. The people that actually got to vote her into office didn't even respond to that opportunity like it was anything special. She isn't even tremendously popular within her own goddamn district.

Do you really not understand that Republicans will just make poo poo up if they want to throw something at her and their idiot base will believe it all? The idea that *this* tweet matters when all of the GOP nonsense doesn’t is ridiculous.

Besides, she’s right.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

ahhahahahahahahahahahahah

this is REAL

amazing

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits

She's not even in office yet, did you work for Crowley's campaign or something?

This is a personal attack, it has nothing to do with her tweets.

PoopShipDestroyer
Jan 13, 2006

I think he's ready for a chair

He turns on every single loving person that works for him, how do they continue to find people willing to work in this administration? It's mind boggling.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

https://twitter.com/KlasfeldReports/status/1071133586663858177?s=19

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

This, otoh, seems like a tweet that could potentially backfire.

VorpalBunny
May 1, 2009

This will go down in history, and I have to explain to my children what the hell happened to this country. This would be hilarious if it wasn't oh so real.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

RiggenBlaque posted:

He turns on every single loving person that works for him, how do they continue to find people willing to work in this administration? It's mind boggling.

Whats the pay? Id consider it.

ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

gameday posted:

Do you really not understand that Republicans will just make poo poo up if they want to throw something at her and their idiot base will believe it all? The idea that *this* tweet matters when all of the GOP nonsense doesn’t is ridiculous.

Besides, she’s right.

Do you really not understand that other people, say, Democrats that stayed home on 2016, will be much more likely to believe it when it is not made up?

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

"Hmm let's check d&d USPOL to see if any news has dropped...

...holy poo poo omg lmao"

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

haha this. I work in custom fabrication and the only folks feeling the pain right now are the end users (and ultimately the public) who have to pay 20% more for everything right now

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

god i love that our president is this petty about poo poo.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

oooooookay

i don't think i have any other words

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Do you really not understand that other people, say, Democrats that stayed home on 2016, will be much more likely to believe it when it is not made up?

Calm down Junior

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

This is exactly what tariffs are supposed to do, though? This isn't news.

RasperFat
Jul 11, 2006

Uncertainty is inherently unsustainable. Eventually, everything either is or isn't.

lol have you been watching the Republicans at all for the last 30 years?

They will actually make up poo poo about whoever they don’t like and blast it on repeat. They don’t give a poo poo about facts or accurate attacks or anything.

The Republican base is going to hate AoC no matter what. There’s no possible way that you can actually think that her warning Donald “I’ll just tweet out my crimes.txt” Trump Jr. about incoming subpoenas has any real consequences.

Also lol at “She’s not even that popular” to the biggest rising star of young progressives.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Pander posted:

DECLAS.

THINK ABOUT TWEET.

WHY THE TWEET?

WHERE IS AOC?

STOP. ASK QUESTIONS.

DECORUM IS COMING.

FOLLOW

THE BUZZARDS

DEH!

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Obligatory #thebestpeople

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

President Afraid of Rain has really outdone himself here.