Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
This better lead into Heavy Reshoots for her movie, somehow including Purple Man and Luke Cage as co-stars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
who could have guessed that the sequel to a direct to video movie would not be successful

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Peter, you are the one who crashed the helicopter :colbert:

Odonata
Nov 5, 2009
Nap Ghost

Jerusalem posted:

Peter, you are the one who crashed the helicopter :colbert:

No, that was Spider-Man. Try to keep up with the plot here.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

This better lead into Heavy Reshoots for her movie, somehow including Purple Man and Luke Cage as co-stars.

NEXT: HEAVY RESHOOTS?!?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Endless Mike posted:

NEXT: HEAVY RESHOOTS?!?

That's one way to tie in to Mysterio being in a movie next year.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
Previews for the sequel? What, they've started shooting it already? I thought they'd literally only just finished the first one - as in a few days ago. (In NSM time, ie several years ago in ours.)

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
NSMverse clearly has the same video technology as in Spaceballs.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Does spiderman ever go to bed, or does he just lurch endlessly from one adventure to the next with only a recap strip back at home talking to his wife before the phone rings again or a drunk Wolverine busts through the wall?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

Does spiderman ever go to bed, or does he just lurch endlessly from one adventure to the next with only a recap strip back at home talking to his wife before the phone rings again or a drunk Wolverine busts through the wall?

Spidey can be unconscious at any time of the day

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Peter Parker doesn't need sleep, because he gets enough rest from being knocked out by falling bricks several times per day.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

who could have guessed that the sequel to a direct to video movie would not be successful

Yeah, but the first one turned into an underground hit. Who could have predicted that the sequel wouldn't be as successful as Shock Treatment?

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Payndz posted:

Previews for the sequel? What, they've started shooting it already? I thought they'd literally only just finished the first one - as in a few days ago. (In NSM time, ie several years ago in ours.)

They mentioned it was may at the beginning of the previous arc, and it ran through halloween.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Only when his space-son needs an opening to go fight a dog for a sandwich out of the trash. Learn the lore, goddammit!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

NEXT: AUSTRALIA!

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

So much for that Luke Cage / Purple Man non-sense!

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I don't know if I could handle simultaneous plot lines in NSM. Luke Cage fighting Purple Man in New York and Spider-Man fighting The Kangaroo down under.

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

Synthbuttrange posted:

NEXT: AUSTRALIA!

Oh man. That would be the best. Like they just have an Australian adventure and come back a year later and there's a headline about "Luke Cage defeats Purple Man" and they don't even ask anyone about it.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

"I'll need a new disguise to avoid tipping off Jameson."
FUNNEL-WEB SPIDERMAN!

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!
It's very odd how Spider-Man keeps showing up wherever famous actress Mary Jane goes on vacation. Is she the Spider-Man???

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Clearly she's cheating on her husband Peter Parker...with Spiderman!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Stan Lee's Ghost's Ghostwriter: Ladies and gentlemen, the time is ripe for Newspaper Spider-Man to exploit the massive popularity of The Reavers :colbert:

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

I'm not sure I'm ready for Newspaper Australia

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Are there even any notable Australian villains? Maybe Kraven could work I guess?

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Australia is the natural destination for washed up American celebrities.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

I can't wait for what wacky adventures they have while driving there.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

rare Magic card l00k posted:

I can't wait for what wacky adventures they have while driving there.

"YOU'RE ON THE WRONG SIDE OF THE ROAAAAARGH"

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Every Australian has superpowers when they are in Australia. That's why superhero adventure don't happen often there. The moment Thanos or whoever shows up they get the poo poo kicked out of them by the nearest drunk.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Peter is shown sleeping surprisingly frequently. Sometimes in bed, sometimes on the couch. Sometimes in full costume.

Haifisch posted:

Clearly she's cheating on her husband Peter Parker...with Spiderman!
This is actually canonical. When Spider-Man showed up to see MJ on the set of her movie, some of the crew were talking about it and feeling sorry for poor, dumb Peter, who obviously had no idea.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
very insightful. poor dumb peter has no idea, in general.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Brain damaged, bumbles his way through life, constantly doing stupid poo poo and having to be saved, obsession with superheroes, continuous disappointment to his grandmother aunt...
I... I think I might be Peter Parker. :saddowns:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
They should live in Australia permanently, Peter walking on ceilings won't raise suspicion there.

Flaccid French Fry
Nov 27, 2018

Hey sir I really like your idea sir and I really think we should implement it sir why don't you talk to my CSM sir and see what he says sir and hopefully we can get sir this ball rolling sir thanks sir. HOOAH am I right sir.

David D. Davidson posted:

Every Australian has superpowers when they are in Australia. That's why superhero adventure don't happen often there. The moment Thanos or whoever shows up they get the poo poo kicked out of them by the nearest drunk.

Is Australium canon to Spider-Man?

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Spider-Man wrestles a kangaroo for 17 pages

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Samuringa posted:

My life would be complete.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...
Do kangaroos say 'GROONNNK'? I reckon they probably do.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Samuringa posted:

The kangaroo eventually wins.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Unkempt posted:

Do kangaroos say 'GROONNNK'? I reckon they probably do.

They go KNNNOORG.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

nimby posted:

They go KNNNOORG.
You say that in jest, but having been to Australia (and New Zealand), the weirdest thing? The sun and moon move the wrong way across the sky. And the moon is upside-down. You don't register it at first, but after a while you go "something's wroooooong..."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

Did I take a brick to the head, or was that actually a well-executed joke?