Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
https://twitter.com/willsommer/status/1071162131456909312?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
The hill for nazis to die on 2018: subscribing to a le epic memer streamer to own the indians

Epic High Five posted:

lol looks like the defense's plan to convince the jury that he was in fear of his life doesn't work in the face of a defendant who keeps stone faced talking about how she was a commie and he's glad that he caused her parents so much pain

was that actually entered into evidence?

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene
death penalty on the table?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Alan Smithee posted:

The hill for nazis to die on 2018: subscribing to a le epic memer streamer to own the indians

I'm not sure, but almost certainly the dude did something else to undermine the defense, he had absolutely no remorse and didn't seem to care what happened to himself

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

lucky for him he gets to go to incel camp!

aka prison

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

cargo cult posted:

maybe not in an official capacity

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

https://twitter.com/willsommer/status/1071165700566331394

dont they know whats at stake here

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

lol

r/unpopularopinions is a dumping ground for centrist garbage

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
the last prisoner who assaulted him received thousands of dollars in donations

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

a mcdonald's employee has reclaimed the drive thru mic in an effort to

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
it really is incredible how quickly and devastating the dumpstering of the internet right/alt right was after the 2016 election

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 22 days!)

Grape posted:

Toxic Masculinity's dumb Biff shaped idol is so loving important to conservatism that you even have lots of right wing women becoming these insane masculinity warriors lately.
It's such a stupid goddamn cult.

What even is this scenario where I feel like chud women are like.... womansplaining that actually I'm under mega existential attack by the feminists because they want to wrench a bunch of miserable societal idiocies away from me. It's so loving weird.

These upper class women are existentially threatened by feminism because they want to never have to think for themselves, or do any real work for the rest of their lives. Being the kept pet of a patriarch is easier than being emancipated, and you can't ignore the class dimensions here.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Reclines Obesily posted:

it really is incredible how quickly and devastating the dumpstering of the internet right/alt right was after the 2016 election

I know a guy who is deeply involved in the whole thing and I told him to expect it to happen right after the election, because now that the alt-right has outgrown its usefulness to capital they're about to lose all kinds of shielding from consequence that comes from the people owning the courts and media outlets supporting you

unfortunately even though I was proven right he's unaffected by the whole thing because the movement has zero solidarity and they avoid rallying in support of people by excommunicating them instead

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
also it seems likely that sargon was taken down by his former youtube allies. some of the guys who have been deplatformed whipped up discords and 4 chan to target him and other skeptics / alt righters who still had a patreon and channel

james allsup patreon is gone also

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Reclines Obesily posted:

also it seems likely that sargon was taken down by his former youtube allies. some of the guys who have been deplatformed whipped up discords and 4 chan to target him and other skeptics / alt righters who still had a patreon and channel

this is pretty common actually, whenever a fash-friendlier alternative social media thing popped up, you'd see a bunch of right wingers get banned because the people setting up the alternatives mass reported them to get them to come over to their fiefdom lol

also, the petty feuds

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp

Alan Smithee posted:

wow. didn't even have t o change the labels

The amazing thing here is that he probably really thinks this is how slaves lived - muscular, healthy, clean, in clothes that have a couple patches but are functional & have buttons in stuff.

Which is, well .... very far from accurate.

Alan Smithee posted:

Yeah, they either played the call or read the transcript of the phone call with his mom where he said that, iirc. (Have been following Molly's coverage intently.)

Bearded Whiteguy
Mar 2, 2018

I APPROPRIATE THE PLIGHT OF OTHER RACES TO FILL THE VOID OF BEING A FAT USELESS FUCK
I will never get over the projection that is the NPC meme:

https://twitter.com/Reflexx_1/status/1070925745097080833

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

any hot takes from the gamer culture about a gay black furry being named gamer of the year?

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Reclines Obesily posted:

Trump being elected was their Obama Moment.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Neo nazis are out in force crying on every james field verdict story

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Epic High Five posted:

any hot takes from the gamer culture about a gay black furry being named gamer of the year?

it's their Obama Moment

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

Epic High Five posted:

as for the fgc theyre happy that they finally get recognition over overwatch and league, but...

putting the suit on is a sticking point for half of them, ya know disrespecting the sanctity of the game awards

Bearded Whiteguy
Mar 2, 2018

I APPROPRIATE THE PLIGHT OF OTHER RACES TO FILL THE VOID OF BEING A FAT USELESS FUCK

Uncle Wemus posted:

He's going away for life and we'll find out Monday.

https://twitter.com/blakersdozen/status/1071165689426268160

E:
https://twitter.com/MichaelEHayden/status/1071172110184267776

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost

cargo cult posted:

apparently there's a seperate court case later on over the federal hate crime charges that can end up in the DP.

tbh i'd rather they send him to ADX florence to spend the rest of his life with the other terrorists.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

Uncle Wemus posted:

https://twitter.com/Outlaw73/status/1071169065492848640

oh baby

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

lmao

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

lol if James Fields is what ends capital punishment in the United States

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

this could only be better if they start a campaign to get Trump to pardon him

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

lol if James Fields is what ends capital punishment in the United States

he's not facing the death penalty

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost

Jose posted:

he's not facing the death penalty

not yet, hes still got one more trial to go apparently

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
someone capped this from pol

great plan, notafed

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Epic High Five posted:

I'm not sure, but almost certainly the dude did something else to undermine the defense, he had absolutely no remorse and didn't seem to care what happened to himself

all of these nazis are useless little nihilists who took the inherent void and unreality of everything and just twisted it into utter nonsense and lashing out at the world.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

You've got to do nihilism like me or you're doing it wrong

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

The best brains

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Ague Proof posted:

the last prisoner who assaulted him received thousands of dollars in donations

proud to have donated to this effort

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Molly owns

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Reclines Obesily posted:

ah that makes sense

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
courts adjourned

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Jose posted:

Molly owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Slugnoid posted:

not yet, hes still got one more trial to go apparently
yes the federal hate crimes charges. tbh i'm skeptical of the government's rationale here. while, yes obviously he was motivated out of racial animus, being a nazi, his stated motivation for the car attack specifically is hatred of the "communist enemy" which isn't a protected class.

KiteAuraan posted:

all of these nazis are useless little nihilists who took the inherent void and unreality of everything and just twisted it into utter nonsense and lashing out at the world.
they should go on a jerk-off strike, which seems like a thing they'd do. i'm not going to jerk my johnson until james fields is free!