Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Since the most recent dev diary was talking about ADCs being pretty meh at the moment, theyre thinking about itemization, particularly defensive - I reckon this is the wrong choice tho. I'd like to see a set of activatables that give a decent boost for a few seconds, extra life steal, attack speed, block healing even (maybe not), whatever. Do it like rfc and make them ranged only to stop bruisers abusing them. This would give them riots much beloved windows of opportunity, counterplay etc. Make like 3-4 of them and make the effects unique so you cant just get all of them.

OTOH the average ADC would probably moan about having to do more than right click and push R occasionally

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
make good ad items that riven cant buy

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
make it a mechanic that riven cant buy items that look like unbroken swords

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

pog boyfriend posted:

right, i am not saying i agree, just that is reasonable. for interactions, picture a friendly conversation between champions.

active vs active
mundo: vayne, say i were to throw my cleaver at you. what would you do?
vayne: hm, i guess i would use my tumble to avoid it.
mundo: aha! but your tumble uses mana, but my cleavers do not ....

and so the conversation continues.

passive vs active
master yi: caitlyn, you fool, i can outrun you with my six zeal build. how do you respond?
caitlyn: with my ghost blade active, of course.
master yi: but suppose i used a plant to jump the wall...

and so the conversation continues.

passive vs passive
vayne: aha, quinn, with my superior lifesteal as we were battling i was gaining life the whole time.
quinn: oh vayne, you simple bitch, my executioners calling put a stop to that.

since no question was forceful and it was just an aside, the conversation continued. but

active vs passive
mundo: i activate my ult to heal during the exchange.
vayne: actually, due to my executioners calling this is irrelevant.

notice how here that the question did not even need to be asked. this active question was rendered irrelevant because vayne, without doing anything, prevented the active question from coming into play. this lowers the quality of champion interactions dramatically.

vayne is such a loving dumb rear end.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Verviticus posted:

vayne is such a loving dumb rear end.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
that people that play vayne are

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
I'm surprised by the amount of work they put into Nexus Blitz since the last time it was live, it's really good

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

TheTofuShop posted:

as a Mundo main, there's nothing more depressing than when someone on the other team figures put they can buy executioners calling. At my trash elo, like 80% of my opponents don't even know it exists.

Playing Mundo against people still trying to be Inting Sion is heaven, they dont seem to realise Q chunks them and then they die and try and charge you where you again Q and then slowly walk away as they hobble along in rage.

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician

el dingo posted:

Since the most recent dev diary was talking about ADCs being pretty meh at the moment, theyre thinking about itemization, particularly defensive - I reckon this is the wrong choice tho. I'd like to see a set of activatables that give a decent boost for a few seconds, extra life steal, attack speed, block healing even (maybe not), whatever. Do it like rfc and make them ranged only to stop bruisers abusing them. This would give them riots much beloved windows of opportunity, counterplay etc. Make like 3-4 of them and make the effects unique so you cant just get all of them.

OTOH the average ADC would probably moan about having to do more than right click and push R occasionally

I was actually thinking like a week or two ago about how there's no true marksman equivalent to the various defensive-but-still-damage options mages have in Zhonyas/Banshee's and Rylai's/Liandry's, so I was glad they floated that. There's precedent for it and you could do something like make them ranged champs only so bruisers etc (urgot notwithstanding) can't use them

e: theoretically you could buff frozen mallet but that item is such a can of worms I doubt they'll touch it

Monicro fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Dec 8, 2018

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
What do I win?

https://pastebin.com/A6UAyEr1

https://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/2927224627/1995549057231424

Just recently got back into the game with a new account after a few years, and I've been trying different champs and playstyles from back then and think I like Teemo. I'm definitely not taking this as seriously as I did back then, and I'm enjoying it much more.

Normals because I don't have the champ pool or level requirement for ranked.

lucifirius fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Dec 8, 2018

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
that zed build sure is something. something that dies to blinds and mushrooms

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

blitz>rift

please permanent

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Got Swain in an Aram vs a full AP team. That was the most fun I've had playing this game in a while.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

lucifirius posted:

What do I win?

https://pastebin.com/A6UAyEr1

https://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/2927224627/1995549057231424

Just recently got back into the game with a new account after a few years, and I've been trying different champs and playstyles from back then and think I like Teemo. I'm definitely not taking this as seriously as I did back then, and I'm enjoying it much more.

Normals because I don't have the champ pool or level requirement for ranked.

*with tears in my eyes and Im screaming out of raw emotion* dont give up jungle ap tank ezreal!!! you are going to win one day!!! i... i promise!! *sniffling* you lost this battle but you are going to win this war little buddy!!!!!

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

d0grent posted:

blitz>rift

please permanent

It's really perfect, I could never get into hots because it doesn't have any characters that really hooked me enough so Hots But With League Characters is exceedingly my poo poo

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Good old Saint vicious. https://clips.twitch.tv/FrailEagerDonutPeteZaroll

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Very Popular Emotionally Stunted Professional Video Game Player Thinks Depression Is Fake

Completely unsurprised at that level of gigabrain, really.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

If they want to stick with ADCs being a role then I think they should just let them all be super frail team wreckers.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Once in a while LS is an ok person. Just don't make me listen to his commentary in a major region ever again

Also St Vicious is the guy who bought a gamer house for CRS/Gravity in Las Vegas to party and was giving all his 17 year old players weed and beer before games

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Was that supposed to make me dislike him more?

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Always been cool with SV, the retirement home for old vet gamers.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

under age weed doing???

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

RealFoxy posted:

Once in a while LS is an ok person. Just don't make me listen to his commentary in a major region ever again

Also St Vicious is the guy who bought a gamer house for CRS/Gravity in Las Vegas to party and was giving all his 17 year old players weed and beer before games

LS has always loving sucked, there isn't really a time when he didn't loving suck

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
also, gently caress you twisted fate, you motherfucker, you
https://i.imgur.com/BGLsAzU.mp4

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

d0grent posted:

blitz>rift

please permanent

:emptyquote:

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

Servaetes posted:

also, gently caress you twisted fate, you motherfucker, you
https://i.imgur.com/BGLsAzU.mp4

Gromp Hellscream, that's a good one.

Super Librarian
Jan 4, 2005

https://i.imgur.com/F7Xyi7j.mp4

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

https://twitter.com/FlyQuestSports/status/1071626055197196288

Not having a job isn't a thing, just start working.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
getting fired is like getting banned from where you work

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Mierenneuker posted:

hahaha

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Mierenneuker posted:

lmao

no ..!! NO!!!! :negative:

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

Servaetes posted:

LS has always loving sucked, there isn't really a time when he didn't loving suck

I tuned into his stream against my better judgement and he's currently arguing with his grandma about how religion is bullshit

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
this is far and away the best shop I've ever gotten, I want them all

Sexpansion fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Dec 10, 2018

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

d0grent posted:

blitz>rift

please permanent

It seems pretty likely since the token rewards are for blitz-only cosmetics, right?

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.

acumen posted:

It seems pretty likely since the token rewards are for blitz-only cosmetics, right?

I think it depends mostly on player numbers

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Having played a shitton of Nexus Blitz over the last couple days I'm not sure if I want it around permanently or not. Some of the minigames are really fun, and some of them are garbage (Paranoia Royale I'm looking at you.) Same with the minigame rewards. Stuff like the battle sled or the champion catapult feel fun and unique but "mega ocean drake" and "team GA's" just... don't. They'll probably iterate on those more so I'm not super worried about it though.

Also I've seen rather dumb things like the flaming circle being centered on one team's turret so you end up having to fight them under turret which is incredibly unfair. That shouldn't be a thing. Some champions are really broken in the URF-deathmatch too and I don't know if there's going to be incentive to fix that at all. The game is super-snowbally. There's very little comeback potential which makes early surrenders common. That may be a feature and not a bug though.

All that said, the walking nexus battles I've made it to have been hectic and fun as hell, and I have seen some epic comebacks from teams who chose to stick it out. I'm a little worried about a "meta" evolving where very few champions are considered viable based on who can best abuse the minigames and the terrain if it sticks around as a permanent mode.

Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005
Shaco is secretly op as all hell in that mode. Especially in the urf mini game. Just spam ult, throw it at them and then spam boxes.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
Teemo is insanely overpowered in the urf game. Just mushrooms everywhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

I haven't had a reason to scoreboard.jpg in a while but I'm proud of this game. Solo'd the nexus at the end too. I was support.