Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
They need to increase the maximum FOV further, so this wouldn't be an issue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose

Babe Magnet posted:

e: was unable to get a screenshot of her incredibly obvious and prominent rear end

That's the best drat Mesa I've ever seen.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

is there a highlights clip for the stream?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Sorus
Nov 6, 2007
caustic overtones
My Ivara is the only one I'm kinda happy with.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

They need to increase the maximum FOV further, so this wouldn't be an issue.

Usually I'm playing games with 75 vertical FOV but Warframe is one of those games where the 78 max that it offers is barely enough. I'd like to be able to set it higher.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
Christ Mesa Prime looks amazing

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here
Hey guys I'm relatively new to the game and its insanely easy and I was wondering why you all are weird about only using Cor Pro.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Rexicon1 posted:

Hey guys I'm relatively new to the game and its insanely easy and I was wondering why you all are weird about only using Cor Pro.

Armor scales exponentially and against end-game level Grineer enemies 4 CorPros on a team ends up being an >900% damage boost to everything. Also there are no other auras that do anything remotely useful that isn't a damage boost.

You should aim to have a corpro on all your frames in the future but it doesn't actually start to matter until way way later.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Rexicon1 posted:

-30% armor makes me feel +30% more alive.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

Jack Trades posted:

Armor scales exponentially and against end-game level Grineer enemies 4 CorPros on a team ends up being an >900% damage boost to everything. Also there are no other auras that do anything remotely useful that isn't a damage boost.

You should aim to have a corpro on all your frames in the future but it doesn't actually start to matter until way way later.

Is that 900% damage boost required for a single piece on content in the game though? It's pretty boring to only have one useful aura in the endgame.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Soothing Vapors posted:

Christ Mesa Prime looks amazing

She definitely wins the booty award.

Rexicon1 posted:

armor scaling is hosed and things are insanely easy until they suddenly aren't because of it.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

She definitely wins the booty award.

armor scaling is hosed and things are insanely easy until they suddenly aren't because of it.

that's very boring and the canadians should fix that.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Rexicon1 posted:

Is that 900% damage boost required for a single piece on content in the game though? It's pretty boring to only have one useful aura in the endgame.

Well...not exactly, it's definitely possible to complete all content without using corpro but there's definitely a huge difference between having to shoot a dude once and having to shoot him 10 times.
Especially when you just want the loot.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

Jack Trades posted:

Well...not exactly, it's definitely possible to complete all content without using corpro but there's definitely a huge difference between having to shoot a dude once and having to shoot him 10 times.
Especially when you just want the loot.

It just sucks having spent a good amount of time having made a fun excalibur set with the chromatic thing and then "nah the goons must all use corpro" and kinda takes the fun out of my space dollies game.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Honestly, auras are a bit like survivability mods, you don't think about your steel fiber or vitality, you don't think about your corpro or that energy siphon on your loki or ivara for QoL (or the loot radar when looking for caches in magical places).

Some enemies get to be annoying bullet sponges if you don't corpro them is all. At low level, all auras are negligible, at high levels, only corpro offers any sort of tangible advantage, and it's a pretty large one. It's just a good habit to take, it's freedom born of lack of ability to make a choice. Ever played a SaGa game or The Last Remnant? It's like that time the bus broke down and you went back home under the driving rain and it was uncomfortable but after a while it was pretty neat and nice, actually? It's that, that's corpro, there's a choice, but it's not worth making.

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose

Rexicon1 posted:

Depends on your definition of required.

If you wanna kill stuff really fast and get the most affinity and focus out of ESO and clear regular missions as quickly as possible and amass a ton of space riches, it's required. If you'd like to play things slowly and not really care about efficiency it's not required at all.

And nobody has ever said you need CorPro 100% of the time. Sometimes Energy Siphon is a better pick, sometimes Enemy Radar, this game is all about bringing the right tools for the job. It just happens to be that CorPro is the right tool for killing armored high level enemies as fast as possible.

Mimesweeper fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Dec 8, 2018

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Rexicon1 posted:

It just sucks having spent a good amount of time having made a fun excalibur set with the chromatic thing and then "nah the goons must all use corpro" and kinda takes the fun out of my space dollies game.

You can change the polarity on any frame (using Forma) so that you get the same capacity boost from CorPro as you get right now from whatever aura you're currently using.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

Is it at all possible that maybe we are being too goony about auras and it doesn't really matter?

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Rexicon1 posted:

that's very boring and the canadians should fix that.

The other options are just as boring minus a couple that require coordination to use well anyways so :shrug:.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Rexicon1 posted:

Is it at all possible that maybe we are being too goony about auras and it doesn't really matter?

Absolutely not.

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose

Rexicon1 posted:

Nothing matters, but math doesn't lie. Play the game however you want, nobody is going to hold it against you except for a couple of strangely obsessed people who insist that wanting to play efficiently is bullying.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Honestly, the difference between one corpro and more than that in EOS is very easy to feel, and turns a splatfest into a bit of a chore.

Corpro is really useful and is so easy to achieve compared to that perfect build for the nukor that requires a carefully curated riven and a couple mods that only drop from acolytes and is only even described in a 20 minute long youtube video.

Set corpro, forget corpro.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

Mimesweeper posted:

Nothing matters, but math doesn't lie. Play the game however you want, nobody is going to hold it against you except for a couple of strangely obsessed people who insist that wanting to play efficiently is bullying.

I'm having a hard time parsing this, are you saying that the only person who is going to hold the auras against me are the people who don't insist on playing efficiently? I don't understand.

either way I hope they change that. having a mechanic be so overwhelmingly powerful that its required to have a single aura to topple it is very bad.

Rexicon1 fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Dec 8, 2018

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose

Rexicon1 posted:

I'm having a hard time parsing this, are you saying that the only person who is going to hold the auras against me are the people who don't insist on playing efficiently? I don't understand.

I'm saying if you insist that CorPro is useful someone will accuse you of being a bully.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

Mimesweeper posted:

I'm saying if you insist that CorPro is useful someone will accuse you of being a bully.

I mean, if you exclude people from content with the group because of it, it kinda is bullying.

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose

Rexicon1 posted:

I mean, if you exclude people from content with the group because of it, it kinda is bullying.

What if we give CorPro for free to people who don't have it and ask that they equip it when it's the correct aura to have for the situation? Is that bullying?

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose
This is the dumbest argument ever and it's happened over and over and over again but I'll be damned if I'm going to stop now.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

Mimesweeper posted:

What if we give CorPro for free to people who don't have it and ask that they equip it when it's the correct aura to have for the situation? Is that bullying?

I guess not. I'm just sad at the state of affairs.
And the "One True Goon Way" issue has happened in other games and without fail has become the death of huge groups of goons time and time again.

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose
Well, the clan is still huge, the game is still fun, we all help each other out and have a great time so I guess I disagree. When the Great Aura Wars lead to the death of goon Warframe I will eat my hat.

I think you're sad about a state of affairs that exists only in your imagination.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Rexicon1 posted:

Chromatic Blade and Corrosive Projection don't occupy the same slot. The only things it's in contention with are other, worse forms of damage boosting, and a handful of minor utility powers like shared enemy radar (there's another mod that gives it to just you), or health or energy regen (in ludicrously tiny amounts overshadowed by a whole bunch of better options, some of which don't use mod slots at all.)

It is absolutely terrible design that CorPro even exists (and more importantly, that armor scales the way it does in the first place) but the reason people are so adamant about it is that it's a significant benefit with basically no opportunity cost and people still keep turning it into a fight for some reason.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

I hope it does, frankly. I hope Corpro outright shuts the servers down.

Khaba
Oct 29, 2011

Rexicon1 posted:

There's no way this guy isn't trolling.

Also, when do we get to go back to discussing fun things?

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Let's please not do this again.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Well that's gonna be fun to play with. :iia:

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Helter Skelter posted:

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Kyrosiris posted:

Well that's gonna be fun to play with. :iia:

they may only fire one round every 2.3 minutes but boy it's gonna hurt when they do!!!

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

Helter Skelter posted:

So this aura conflict happens pretty commonly around here, huh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

About every 10 or so pages it seems.