Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

objectively bad
Nov 11, 2006

ABANDONS HIS FRIENDS

Nullsmack posted:

Did Greasy Grove get deleted?

yes and no. it's still there, it's just under the ice. You can see the tops of buildings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Clark2
Sep 17, 2003

Rocco sez: Oh man, what a bummer. Woof.

Fortnite question from a person that has never played it: According to my brother, my nephew is super into Fortnite. Is there some way for me to purchase Vbux then give them to him as a Christmas gift? Something equivalent to an Itunes/Google Play gift card but for Vbux? Thanks.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Mr. Clark2 posted:

Fortnite question from a person that has never played it: According to my brother, my nephew is super into Fortnite. Is there some way for me to purchase Vbux then give them to him as a Christmas gift? Something equivalent to an Itunes/Google Play gift card but for Vbux? Thanks.

There was an in-game gifting system, but that ended Dec 4th for some reason. Does your nephew play on console? If so, you could just get him an Xbox Live/PSN gift card I think, and he could use that to buy vbucks.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I know on switch you can buy Fortnite funbux with Nintendo eShop funbux, so I'd assume its the same on other platforms besides PC

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

codo27 posted:

I know they couldn't have extended that a little further to envelop Tilted and wipe it out too. How long has that poo poo been there?

Tilted is fairly healthy now, and far too popular to be deleted.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Tilted is fairly healthy now, and far too popular to be deleted.

And awesome, don't forget awesome :colbert:

trigger9631
Nov 18, 2004

I love my ducks.
This season looks AMAZING. Can’t wait to play soon.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Blerg, accidentally untyped my post. First game of the season was instant death in pickaxe brawl, so my plan to open season up with an umbrella was bust but 8 kill 2nd game win is good enough by me. Sorry to the airplane pilot I sniped and the #2 who saw first moving circle centre on the turret I set up after thirdpartying #2 and #3.

Didn't get much time to explore the iceberg yet, as the second match had me rotate from Risky to Shifty, but I'm pretty sure my grass is is weird dark green now. I like what they've vaulted so far, and I hope next they slim down ARs and explodes some more. Airplane is a gimmick and I give it 2 weeks until everyone can confidently shoot pilots out of their seats - they could fix that by allowing mouse turning, but that would make them OP I feel. Curious to try balloons now, and some limited match count tournaments.

Also weapon skins are cool. E: And new locker menu too.

cinci zoo sniper fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Dec 6, 2018

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Apart for the trails, the battle pass rewards seem kinda meh.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Cool little mini game in the mansion basement

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Mr. Clark2 posted:

You can buy general "Playstation Store" giftcards and they can be used in Fortnite. That and distracting him while he's playing to throw some VBucks on the account so he eventually discovers a surprise are the only way I believe.

codo27 posted:

I know they couldn't have extended that a little further to envelop Tilted and wipe it out too. How long has that poo poo been there?
I'd be 100% interested to see the Fortnite heatmap. As busy as Tilted is always I doubt they'd ever change it. A ton of players get returned to the lobby within the first 3 minutes because they land there.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Raposa posted:

Durrburger onesie skin looks really out of place there.

Apparently that skin got datamined out of the files last season as a store item, so clearly they recycled it. There's also no way you can tell me that the cube rune contrail wasn't meant for last season as well.

I wasn't planning on buying in this season, but base Lynx is :perfect:

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Auto pickup glitched? Both me on Xbox and gf on PC having trouble

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
Balloons now attach to your back so you're free to shoot. It is now my goal to steal a plane mid-flight.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

John Murdoch posted:

Apparently that skin got datamined out of the files last season as a store item, so clearly they recycled it. There's also no way you can tell me that the cube rune contrail wasn't meant for last season as well.

I wasn't planning on buying in this season, but base Lynx is :perfect:

Eh they release a few things for sale tied to previous seasons/part of their set. I'd say the onesie fits as part of staying inside in your pjs during the holidays. But yeah full on adding a contrail tied to last season as part of the season pass is pretty clearly recycling.

Mongoose
Jul 7, 2005

InsertPotPun posted:

Balloons now attach to your back so you're free to shoot. It is now my goal to steal a plane mid-flight.

You can also jump out of your plane, glide over to an enemy plane, board it mid-air and do a hostile takeover.

e: Flying around with a balloon sniping down at people is pretty amazing, 100% accuracy on the bolt and heavy snipers. Also good for low-gravity rocket assaults.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
The sickest low-key buff is to scoped and thermal ARs. You get a functional red dot now instead of that huge, obstructive cross.

marathon Stairmaster sesh
Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

Just now on The Game Awards:

RIP Risky Reels crushed into oblivion by a new sector called The Block which will show off community chosen Creative mode stuff.

objectively bad
Nov 11, 2006

ABANDONS HIS FRIENDS

got my highest kills win yet tonight! Nice way to start of the season. Somehow did it without a deagle, which I've been heavily relying on since the buff.

codo27 posted:

Auto pickup glitched? Both me on Xbox and gf on PC having trouble

yeah, seems to be hit or miss on what gets picked up and what doesn't.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

objectively bad posted:

got my highest kills win yet tonight! Nice way to start of the season. Somehow did it without a deagle, which I've been heavily relying on since the buff.

yeah, seems to be hit or miss on what gets picked up and what doesn't.

Congrats, also ugh, stretched.

objectively bad
Nov 11, 2006

ABANDONS HIS FRIENDS
as horrible as stretched looks, the extra vertical fov is insanely useful. You don't realise it until you're spectating/being spectated by someone without it and they have no clue what you're talking about when you're calling things out they haven't seen.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

objectively bad posted:

as horrible as stretched looks, the extra vertical fov is insanely useful. You don't realise it until you're spectating/being spectated by someone without it and they have no clue what you're talking about when you're calling things out they haven't seen.

I know it’s practically useful, that just doesn’t make me like it any more. Same as digital vibrance in CSGO.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

I used to play a game competitively where I used FOV 120 and it was insanely useful

Nullsmack
Dec 7, 2001
Digital apocalypse
I have a triple monitor setup that lets me play games stretched over all 3 monitors. I keep meaning to try that with Fortnite.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

One of the old quake mods was "PanQuake", it was Quake with a fov of 360 degrees... and using a trick to make the 360 degrees useable.

http://strlen.com/gfxengine/panquake/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vC-w3bE0IO0

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Tei posted:

One of the old quake mods was "PanQuake", it was Quake with a fov of 360 degrees... and using a trick to make the 360 degrees useable.

http://strlen.com/gfxengine/panquake/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vC-w3bE0IO0

I need this is my life, for every game. I have zero issue playing this way, aside from that, generally, it looks ugly.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

I’m very glad Fortnite has proper Hor+ ultrawide support.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

I haven't played the new season yet due to a crazy schedule and also just purchasing a Switch, but this makes me fuckin hyphy as gently caress for it when I finally get around to it.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I haven’t played S7 yet either but I strongly suspect that Fortnite has transformed into a flight sim for me

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

A new F2P Battle Royale challenger approaches, and it's.... CS:GO :stare:

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/20...jQex38kKXH8pSKc

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Johnny Truant posted:

I haven't played the new season yet due to a crazy schedule and also just purchasing a Switch, but this makes me fuckin hyphy as gently caress for it when I finally get around to it.

The only problem is that a guy with a pistol on the ground can very quickly take you down. Overall I want them to nerf gun damage to vehicles to almost nothing. Also I may be crazy but vehicle handling in general seems to be better.

Major Operation
Jan 1, 2006

Came back to Fortnite yesterday when I heard there were planes. Incredibly, I have not yet been shot while on a zipline. Got a Royale today for my first umbrella since season 2.

More importantly, I think killed a guy by running into him with a plane in that round? He was hiding in his little tower about 2 levels up and I just rammed where I thought he was, and then the kill popped as him having died from a fall.

I was all excited and forgot to take screenshots/videos. Sorry everyone.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
Is Fortnite good again? I stopped playing around when the p90 came out. This new season looks pretty cool

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

There's pretty much no better time to get into the PVE, that's for sure. Compared to the Warframe lite grind of a year ago it positively showers you in weapons, heroes, and experience.

Major Operation
Jan 1, 2006

I just found out there is automatic replay saving? Camera control seems SUPER terrible, but I did manage to use it capture the futility and beauty of Fortnite...

THE DON JR 24 is our protagonist. He has 6 kills and there are under 10 players left in the game. He is looting a fresh kill when he hears an idiot in a plane (that's me, with 0 kills so far) shooting in his vicinity.

Here's what happened next:
https://streamable.com/qenc2

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!

Well now I guess I know what I'm going to be attempting and "hilariously" failing at all night long

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

araeris posted:

Came back to Fortnite yesterday when I heard there were planes. Incredibly, I have not yet been shot while on a zipline. Got a Royale today for my first umbrella since season 2.

More importantly, I think killed a guy by running into him with a plane in that round? He was hiding in his little tower about 2 levels up and I just rammed where I thought he was, and then the kill popped as him having died from a fall.

I was all excited and forgot to take screenshots/videos. Sorry everyone.

Yeah the new additions really thinned out the heat map, now people land a little more higgilty piggilty to see new stuff or use a favorite gadget. And there are big white and red crosses that make a great impromptu alt if you have too much heat on your favorite spot. It feels faster paced and less crowded.

Also I gotta ask: how many are "too many" for the Fortnite two factor sign in messages? I get like 3-4 a day and 2-3 on top of that every time I play.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

I don’t get any of them and I’ve had 2FA for months.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

A new F2P Battle Royale challenger approaches, and it's.... CS:GO :stare:

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/20...jQex38kKXH8pSKc

Good.

And is not out of the blue. One thing battle royales and CS share is, if you die, you are doomed to spectate better players than you. And learn. By looking at a better player, and having this feel "I would be more fun to be alive" that push players to git gud.

Anyway Epic is doing all the things better than anyone can imagine, the other royales are fighting for 2th position.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

InsertPotPun posted:

Overall I want them to nerf gun damage to vehicles to almost nothing.

Planes are already arguably overpowered.

Also I always loved playing anti-air gunner, so hard disagree anyway. :colbert: