Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

:lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost
I read the r/relationships thread months behind because it literally generates more posts than a human can read in a day, and just came across a very lol page from October 21st this year.

Many good posts.

My Linux Rig posted:

Yeah worthless, I guess 6435.10$ per bitcoin is worthless. I guess a total value of 1.2$ trillion is worthless. I guess being recognized by several Fortune 500 companies as the future of distributed databases is worthless

face it, you and the rest of the people here made the wrong prediction. bitcoin is here and it’s the future

Take a trip down memory lane: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3792330&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=3603

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
Thanks to Bitcoin, I had a moment today where I decided that I need to start looking for a new job.

My boss said that he envisioned a key part of the new data platform we're building to be "blockchain-esque." It's a retail data analytics platform. About as far from blockchain as one should be. I was 90% sure he was full of poo poo and will lead us into ruin before today. Now I'm 100% sure.

THANKS BITCOIN!

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.

poverty goat posted:

To date, gbs has been wrong 100% of the time in predicting the downfall of Bitcoin

How quickly we forget the crash gbs literally directly caused

Are you not aware of BITCOIN IS CRASHING SELL SELL SELL or something

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
I like block CHAIN and I cannot lie
You other autists can’t deny
When a sperg posts up
With an itty bitty coin
And an offering in your face
You get sprung

Cause goons noticed that the coin was poo poo
Deep in the tether we hodling

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose
baby got blockchain

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках
Something shady's going on with bitfinex tonight. Seems like transactions have fallen through the floor, ~15 in the last 10 minutes.

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

Liquid Communism posted:

Something shady's going on with bitfinex tonight. Seems like transactions have fallen through the floor, ~15 in the last 10 minutes.

They have to unplug the trade washer to plug in the Tether printer.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Raspberry Jam It In Me posted:

A rational actor will honor your word that you have lots of Bitcoins and that you will pay them back once the internet is back up. It's in their best interest to be honest

what if they have a print out of all the 0s and 1s? ever think of that?

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Lawlicaust posted:

Thanks to Bitcoin, I had a moment today where I decided that I need to start looking for a new job.

My boss said that he envisioned a key part of the new data platform we're building to be "blockchain-esque." It's a retail data analytics platform. About as far from blockchain as one should be. I was 90% sure he was full of poo poo and will lead us into ruin before today. Now I'm 100% sure.

THANKS BITCOIN!

Lol. This is even better if you're, like, a vinyl siding company or something.

Edit: I think I might write a bot to text me every time Bitcoin hits a new low in $100 increments.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
It got so drat close to dipping below 3200 today, I was sad to see it get propped back up(by bithumb, according to whatever Bitcoin news site pops up when I google 'bitcoin price')

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

poverty goat posted:

its too bad bitcoin didnt happen during peak SA when we were like half the critical mass of the internet and could totally have pooled all the university lab computers in america to 51% attack the blockchain

That was a fun time for the folding@home goons.

Fagmaster
Aug 21, 2004

oh my god why are these people so loving deep in that blockchain poo poo, its a loving lovely database solution with some extra "security" and thats loving it

no lets build a community on the desert around it

gently caress you shitcoiner morons

Fagmaster
Aug 21, 2004

hey here is my white paper about N-rays, they are like loving cool and totally exist

now lets waste some electricity and gently caress up the environment even more so we can go drive ferraris in uranus !!

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

Oh poo poo. I ain't even mad, that's some incredible spin.

down n out
Sep 16, 2008

Nap Ghost
Could you imagine going on a crypto-cruise? Imagine no more

quote:

All of this is a sign of a micro-economy in trouble, as Muhammad Salman Anjum, an investor who eats dinner alone by himself in the buffet hall each night, explains. He has a pragmatic take on all these beautiful young women having blockchain exhaustively explained to them by schlubby-looking guys who can’t believe their luck. ”One of the elements in blockchain is about fundraising the ICOs. So you can guess why they are here—to pamper the investors. Because it’s tough now.”

In 2017, Salman says, it was relatively easy to raise funds for a nine-figure ICO. Now that crypto prices have crashed, demand on “the supply side of the ICOs is booming, and the demand for the investors is shrinking.” Since the actual mood at this moment is conservative-going-on-terrified, these glamorous models seem to have been hired to give the ship—and the passengers’ selfies—the glitzy appearance of the boom times of 2017.

https://breakermag.com/trapped-at-sea-with-cryptos-nouveau-riche/

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Liquid Communism posted:

Something shady's going on with bitfinex tonight

must be a day that ends in y

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Heroes never die.

http://buttcoin.club/

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

Lol. This is even better if you're, like, a vinyl siding company or something.

Edit: I think I might write a bot to text me every time Bitcoin hits a new low in $100 increments.

Nah, actually a large company where data lineage is important. But gently caress blockchain for that. It might be theoretically possible but it would be the worst loving way to do it.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Lawlicaust posted:

Nah, actually a large company where data lineage is important. But gently caress blockchain for that. It might be theoretically possible but it would be the worst loving way to do it.

build your customer database with a merkle tree

call it "Powered by Blockchain"

upsell it for 50% extra, until blockchain loses favor as the buzzword of the moment and you rebrand it as "Cloud-Locked Ownership Write-only Notarization"

down n out
Sep 16, 2008

Nap Ghost
Undefeated in the ring, but getting KO'd by the SEC:

quote:

Floyd 'Crypto' Mayweather & DJ Khaled Pay SEC $0.75M Over 'Unlawful' ICO Promotion:

The SEC’s orders found that Mayweather, who was reported by Forbes to have made $285 million in prize money, salary, bonuses and endorsements between June 1, 2017, and June 1, 2018 (attributing $275 million of that to fighting Conor McGregor in August last year), failed to disclose promotional payments from three ICO issuers, including $100,000 from Centra Tech Inc., and that Khaled failed to disclose a $50,000 payment from Centra Tech, which he touted on his social media accounts as a “Game changer.”

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

down n out posted:

Undefeated in the ring, but getting KO'd by the SEC:

We need an SEC logo with boxing gloves on or something.

The image is so crystal clear from that post.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Lawlicaust posted:

Blockchain is the worst way to do anything it does.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
So $3250 is the current bottom. It can't go any lower than that. Just like $6k was the bottom for a long time. Hmm....Then $3k will probably be the new bottom. Fun times.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

Blockchain is the worst way to do anything it does.

I dunno. It’s probably the best at scamming idiots and CTOs.

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION
Remember when ghostty said it was impossible for the price to drop below 6k? Lol

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Remember when Ham Sandwiches would post? Then it was Ghosty. Now it's I'm a stupid linux user. He'll go away and then someone new will show up to pwn us all with his hot takes and vaguely credible claims about cashing out and making mad stacks.

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
Not gonna lie, I read the bitcoin thread when some dude paid like 10k bitcoins for some other dude to buy him a dominos pizza. I could’ve got loaded on idiots but I thought it was too stupid to succeed.

In reality I probably would have not made much since I would have sold it all early or had dollars in a “hacked” exchange but still, I’d like to go back to 2011 and throw a couple grand at this idiocy and enjoy the returns a year ago

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

Waltzing Along posted:

Remember when Ham Sandwiches would post? Then it was Ghosty. Now it's I'm a stupid linux user. He'll go away and then someone new will show up to pwn us all with his hot takes and vaguely credible claims about cashing out and making mad stacks.

Ghostty will always be my favorite for making this post.

Bitcoin 3000: Anal Creampied Hiv Positive Supervirus Retard Nocoiner Cucks win this round

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

let it mellow posted:

Not gonna lie, I read the bitcoin thread when some dude paid like 10k bitcoins for some other dude to buy him a dominos pizza. I could’ve got loaded on idiots but I thought it was too stupid to succeed.

In reality I probably would have not made much since I would have sold it all early or had dollars in a “hacked” exchange but still, I’d like to go back to 2011 and throw a couple grand at this idiocy and enjoy the returns a year ago

Let me tell you about lottery tickets, my friend. They sell the things for a couple bucks, every once in a while one is worth millions. You can even go back week by week and see the winning numbers and wish you would have picked them that week.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets
So is it a soft bottom or power bottom at 3200?

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Lote posted:

So is it a soft bottom or power bottom at 3200?

It's an Anal Creampied Hiv Positive Supervirus Retard Cuck Power Bottom

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

QuarkJets posted:

It's an Anal Creampied Hiv Positive Supervirus Retard Cuck Power Bottom

That is attached with a tether.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

let it mellow posted:

you can't think of it from this perspective. you have to think about it like this:

"even if i had bought/mined/accepted bitcoin, unless i kept it all in a completely offline wallet, i would've lost it all in mtgox, billion-dollar backdoor heists, storing it exchanges that were never legitimate to begin with, or any other number of other ways that people who were just waiting for their btc to appreciate have lost it over the past decade."

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.

The White Dragon posted:

you can't think of it from this perspective. you have to think about it like this:

"even if i had bought/mined/accepted bitcoin, unless i kept it all in a completely offline wallet, i would've lost it all in mtgox, billion-dollar backdoor heists, storing it exchanges that were never legitimate to begin with, or any other number of other ways that people who were just waiting for their btc to appreciate have lost it over the past decade."

even completely offline isnt 100% safe, hello hard drive / device failure

Risc1911
Mar 1, 2016

https://youtu.be/kxbCHlXZ-0U

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Lol, he has a GoFundMe. "I've wasted incredible amounts of money. I've failed, and I'm broke. Please donate so I can face no consequences, and take another swing at this."

quote:

$20 of $230,000 goal

Lol, again.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Ad by Khad posted:

even completely offline isnt 100% safe, hello hard drive / device failure

If there was a way to prove that the mined coins to date are still accessible by their owners (regardless of how they were gained), I’d wager a bet that it’d be about 20% of the coins out there, max. Weren’t more than half of the coins mined to date done so in the first like 3 weeks the network was up regardless, and the first person to mine (all hail Satoshi) literally has like 25% of the loving coins in existence?

I think that most of the people getting into this thing don’t realize how “get rich quick” relies on the first people in gaming the suckers, and that as of today the game is 100% suckers.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

lmao at the physical bitcoins they sell on amazon

quote:

Question: How many microns thick is the gold plating?

Answer: I'm not sure of the specifics, but if you take it out of the case it will most certainly rub off and become a silver-gold color.

Just as durable and reliable in value as the real thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

He deserves it for wearing that hat. Not because of the bitcoin logo, though that is part of it. Not because the hat is too big for his small head. But because of the awful flat brim which shows he is completely retarded.