Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

And that, as much as anything else, led to my drinking problem.

In an alternate reality, Formaggio meets Bug-Eaten here and they become an unstoppable team.

RatHat posted:

When you think about it he could probably just fill his pockets with cars and throw them at people. Maybe he has a limit on how many things he can shrink at once.

As a general rule, the more you think about any stand power, the more you realize just how overpowered and underutilized it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

RatHat posted:

When you think about it he could probably just fill his pockets with cars and throw them at people. Maybe he has a limit on how many things he can shrink at once.

in the episode he said it was exhausting him to shrink someone else, so he probably tires out after shrinking enough other things

fractalairduct
Sep 26, 2015

I, Giorno Giovanna, have a dream!

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Well Araki has made DIO. And if anyone told me that DIO wasn't homoerotic on purpose, I'd have to call them a dirty liar considering that he literally was so in love with Jonathan that he had his child.

Dio and Jonathan were brothers so this idea has always seemed kinda weird to me

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
There is definitely a way to read Dio's decision that while he will kill Jonathan, that Jonathan's body is the only candidate worthy of Dio taking because he was bested in battle by Jonathan and so he must take on his body as his own and blah blah blah the man inside me by tobias fünke

It's the same kinda reasoning behind the homosexual reading of nightmare on elm street...2 I think it was? Whichever one that can easily be read as a man struggling with his realization that he is gay and his attempts to fight it manifest as freddy krueger penetrating men with his knives

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

fractalairduct posted:

Pfft, like Dio ever gave a poo poo about who the rich idiot who owed his dad a favour sent him to live with.

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"

fractalairduct posted:

I kinda let it pass in this case because it's one-sided and Dio's always been weird about processing his feelings and, really, his version of "love" means "This person is the same as me! So taking his body makes sense!"

The thing that kills me about it is that he thinks it totally makes sense and Jonathan will too, if he just explains it to him.

Like it both shows how disconnected he's become to how real people act but it's also weirdly humanizing because he's never dealt with human relationships beyond as a means of exchanging favors, or emotions as something he has to repress, so he doesn't know what to do with this much love and respect for someone.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Darth Walrus posted:

Pfft, like Dio ever gave a poo poo about who the rich idiot who owed his dad a favour sent him to live with.

at the very least you can infer that dio has some amount of emotional investment in jonathan because he never calls jotaro 'jojo'

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Well he only knew jotaro for a period of maybe thirty minutes if you include his hermit purple fuckery

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Wait was the car exploding through a dude in the manga because I don't remember that. Seems like a waste of a perfectly good peugeot 405 imo. Also Narancia wasted a nice W140 S-Class which is a shame.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

the entire scene with the hitsquad in the restaurant and their hideout right afterwards was entirely added for the anime

all that was present in the manga was some descriptions of what happened with the couple and only a couple panels were dedicated to it all

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Yeah, by this point in the manga we only knew who Formaggio was. Everyone else like Ghiaccio weren't introduced until their fights.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
e: NO MANGA SPOILERS, PLEASE

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Somebody fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Dec 9, 2018

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Patware posted:

at the very least you can infer that dio has some amount of emotional investment in jonathan because he never calls jotaro 'jojo'

Yes, but I don't think we should assume that that emotional investment has anything to do with them being adoptive brothers.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

we're in the anime thread not the manga thread

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

RatHat posted:

In the previous fight Mista got a really bad matchup but this time it's the antagonist's turn. Though I guess Formaggio would've had a rough time inflicting a wound on anyone else except maybe Mista.

Because if he could drop a tiny car in a guy's glass without him noticing he could've just used poison instead. A car exploding out of someone's stomach is kinda hard to identify as a murder though.

Poison can be detected, poison can be traced.

I don't know how the gently caress you trace someone else's Miata sideways in the middle of the street

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

MonsterEnvy posted:

e: NO MANGA SPOILERS, PLEASE

This is the loving anime thread DIOs mio

Somebody fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Dec 9, 2018

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Mr. Lobe posted:

in the episode he said it was exhausting him to shrink someone else, so he probably tires out after shrinking enough other things

Building up a stockpile of shrunken things seems like it would be enough, honestly.

That's not even getting into the ability to wrap a bunch of ball bearings around the object and put it in a container using that stored potential energy.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

TheKingofSprings posted:

Poison can be detected, poison can be traced.

I don't know how the gently caress you trace someone else's Miata sideways in the middle of the street

Without even knowing Stand powers are a thing you don't. There's probably one overworked guy at the Speedwagon Foundation whose job it is to look into weird crimes and I'll bet he doesn't even have a Stand.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

it's kind of hard to have a starting point in a case of 'a car exploded out of this guy while he was walking down the street' even if you do know about stands, because without the knowledge of what the person actually did you're still going to be guessing 'literally how the gently caress'. even beyond that it doesn't matter if formaggio was holding the car at one point, because beyond everything that would make fingerprints unreadable as-is if there were somehow any fingerprints left they wouldn't even be remotely intact once the car was enlarged again

also jesus christ you assholes take literally half a second to look at the name of the thread

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

now i'm imagining them dusting the car for fingerprints and they're just absolutely giant

stands are good

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

they wouldn't even be able to see because they're so large

until the one 8 foot tall detective strolls by

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Where's the Ace Attorney x JJBA crossover that we need/deserve?

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Where's the Ace Attorney x JJBA crossover that we need/deserve?

Or ghost trick and you run into Abacchio

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Xad posted:

Or ghost trick and you run into Abacchio

Sissel's switching power is very similar to a Stand power.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
that's Missile

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

May anyone who spoils Ghost Trick have to sit through a million episodes of the worlds worst anime.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Instead, I will take McPixel but with Jojo

FirstAidKite fucked around with this message at 11:26 on Dec 9, 2018

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

:stare: I'm glad I waited until late last night to watch the episode (My 6 year old nephew is always walking behind me and watching what I'm doing on my computer, aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand I know Jojo can get a bit too gory but didn't know this gory, and I've been sick so Friday I was too tired).

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Every time I close my eyes, I wake up feeling so gory. :black101:

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
JoJo has always been a horror manga.

It works so well with stuff that wasn't in the manga too. Formaggio holding this little car and dropping it in the wine is such a good dawning realization of what's going to happen

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
And they kept the keys too

What, is he gonna steal the car for driving around later? :v:

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

Expect My Mom posted:

JoJo has always been a horror manga.

It works so well with stuff that wasn't in the manga too. Formaggio holding this little car and dropping it in the wine is such a good dawning realization of what's going to happen

Yeah, Formaggio's power is pretty drat amazing as long as he gets some prep time. Really his problems with Narancia mostly seem to be stemming from not adequately preparing for the fight beforehand and packing an arsenal of miniaturised weapons to deal with whatever bullshit Narancia could've thrown out.

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose
That, and as someone mentioned before, just staying small and hiding in the loving car until Narancia drove back to the hideout would have worked perfectly. Starting a fight to torture out the info was the dumbest possible idea.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Formaggio did the dumbest possible thing because he knew what series he was in. Remember that the main antagonist of the last part was found because he yelled out his real name in public.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Mimesweeper posted:

That, and as someone mentioned before, just staying small and hiding in the loving car until Narancia drove back to the hideout would have worked perfectly. Starting a fight to torture out the info was the dumbest possible idea.

of course if narancia used his stand power it'd have smelled him

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose

Tunicate posted:

of course if narancia used his stand power it'd have smelled him

yeah, but he didn't know that, he chose to pick a fight with some unknown. maybe he was worried about that unknown stand being able to find him somehow but even then if his goal was to find the boss' daughter he should have laid low until he was forced into a fight.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

I don't think he was even aware that Narancia was a stand user. The dude had almost no information going in and decided the best way to complete his mission was to openly attack & intimidate a known gang member without any backup or escape plan if things went wrong. He's gonna get killed and it will be his fault for being so drat stupid. I guess he just got anxious from being so close to what he wanted that he jumped the gun at the first roadblock.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
It's seemingly common knowledge among the better educated mafiosos that Polpo and his personnel are Stand users, or have strange powers minimum. I'd chalk it up to Formaggio being just overconfident and jumping the gun.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

and I don't think anyone expect Narancia to come out swinging like that, the kid just goes full beast mode immediately

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

they definitely know the group is made up of stand users, part of the reasoning process to figure out who could possibly have trish with them was entirely based on polpo's involvement and him overseeing certain tasks because of the whole stand thing