Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Rigged Death Trap posted:

...new edens zero at jaiminis

Not linking because its p much censored softcore.

This wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it'd be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
Yeah, the lastest chapter isn't anything special really.
It's kinda interesting how Shiki kinda goes berserk and they had to use an EMP to calm him down. Which is something that might come up again in the future.

Eden's Zero has some neat ideas. I just with Hiro could keep in in his pants long enough in order to make use of them.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
i wish jujutsu kaisen came out often enough i didn't need to reread a chapter to know wtf is going on

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Captain Invictus posted:

new watamote

Kato is either flirting a lot or hiding her from ucci, either way is entertaining.

I'm pretty sure if you showed chapter 1 Tomo where she's ended up she would probably explode (and call her future self a lot of embarrassing things).

Whoever confesses to her first had better be ready to handle the mother of all knee-jerk reactions before Tomo realizes "wait, have I been into girls this entire time?"

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

https://www.viz.com/wsj-member

Yooo! This is an extremely cool thing WSJ is doing!

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
The only bad part of that is you’re limited to reading 100 chapters a day but that’s quite a lot.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

they don't really have a choice if they even want a chance at competing with free community scans

the 100 chapter per day limit seems weird. I don't think many people would actually read that many daily, but it seems like an odd limit for your paid members

e: honestly this is a step in the right direction, but I'm still not gonna bother until they stop using flash player

Manatee Cannon fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Dec 8, 2018

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
It usually takes me about an hour to read a volume and a volume contains 8-10 weekly chapters. If I tried to read 100 chapters, it would take me several hours to read all that.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Mulderman posted:

i was happy paying for it anyway but that owns a lot

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Interesting update. I was about to renew my subscription, but I might see how the vault compares before doing so.

If I'm reading this correctly, I can basically read any manga VIZ owns under the Shounen Jump license, yeah?

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Oh boy, a English Language WSJ paradigm shift. Can’t wait to be region locked out of this for like two and a half years.

That said, any development that allows people to skip series they’re absolutely not interested in is a good one.

But what does this say of Blue Exorcist, Seraph of the End and RWBY (and everyone’s favourite Fireworks Factory denial series, World Trigger) as they’re not WSJ?

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 08:21 on Dec 8, 2018

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Bad Seafood posted:

Interesting update. I was about to renew my subscription, but I might see how the vault compares before doing so.

If I'm reading this correctly, I can basically read any manga VIZ owns under the Shounen Jump license, yeah?

Yes. You have full access to the entirety of One Piece for example.

Also since viz owns World Trigger etc. I expect those to be available as well.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Mulderman posted:

Yooo indeed.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Mulderman posted:

Yes. You have full access to the entirety of One Piece for example.
Yeah, can't really complain about that.

Good chance to burn through my shounen backlog.

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker
The only downside to me is no more yearly subscriptions, I prefer yearly subscriptions to monthly because it is less paperwork for me.

But being able to access basically the entire back catalog is great, lets put lovely ad/malware infested manga reader sites out of business. All they need to do now is get rid of their horrible flash based reader.

Galvanik
Feb 28, 2013

24$ a year for nearly every back issue seems like an amazing deal. I like the yearly subs cause I'd just redo it each year on my birthday so it would be only one thing to remember, but the price isn't going up so I guess it balances out.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

I just hope I'm able to access the chapters by phone, or this new deal is worthless to me.

Even though it requires a (paid!) membership to access, my laptop can't pull up anything VIZ in Japan; it sucks.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Gonna get that and have it forever, seriously an insanely good deal.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Captain Invictus posted:

Gonna get that and have it forever, seriously an insanely good deal.

Yeah, now if they only stopped ignoring the entirety of Europe and actually provided their service there. I would buy your loving subscription VIZ if you would only let me. :argh:

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Yeah, having to work around third party app stores and VPN's is a serious pain in the rear end. I do hope that's the next big thing they focus on.

But I do hope this takes off, because a service like this should become the industry standard.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

it prob will be since there's just no way to compete with community scans if they can't at least match their speed

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
There's still the issue of community scans releasing chapters a week early which they can't really work around but that's really only an issue with the bigger more popular series

chefscientist
Mar 23, 2007

#1 Cockeyed Ghost fan

Allarion posted:

There's still the issue of community scans releasing chapters a week early which they can't really work around but that's really only an issue with the bigger more popular series

Two big problems left to solve
1) theres a high profit still in pirating manga
2) theres still a need for those who cant access the SJ app or site

Being in the US this is a good time for me to stop reading scans and then rereading on the app, but I cant hold it against others that this doesnt benefit.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

I've been thinking about catching up with One Piece, so this is perfect timing for me. (Last time I was caught up was when Luffy met Bartolomeo)

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

IShallRiseAgain posted:

I've been thinking about catching up with One Piece, so this is perfect timing for me. (Last time I was caught up was when Luffy met Bartolomeo)
If you've not finished dressrosa probably the worst part of the entire series is ahead of you(the birdcage) but after that it's been absolutely stellar ever since, and the current arc is fan-loving-tastic

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Allarion posted:

It's only like 4 days early nowadays isn't it?

Karneios
Nov 5, 2009
do they still translate zoro as zolo

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Yes

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

His name's Zolo he's just like a samurai..

Sextro
Aug 23, 2014

I'm considering subscribing but still reading scanlations because their readers aren't absolute trash... Hmm.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I resisted the Zolo aspect for years but after a point the scanlations for OP were so god awful I decided it was worth the hit (and money) if it meant something even slightly more legible.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Sextro posted:

I'm considering subscribing but still reading scanlations because their readers aren't absolute trash... Hmm.

they'll need to upgrade out of flash player next imo

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
i looked through the entire list of available series and didnt see anything i a) couldnt read through scanlation or b) was reading but was dropped by translators or c) already finished reading

Relin fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Dec 9, 2018

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
I think I'm getting a whiplash from we can't study
Also Ogata fans Rejoice!

seemed like the story was going to just move past the confession from Uruka, but now it seems like it may have hit a nerve on Nariyuki.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
I...is he having a nervous breakdown?

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Rizu better be going full aggro to catch up with the other two or I'm going to be very disappointed in her for jobbing the race :colbert:

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Nariyuki is such a good boy.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
In addition to all of the very good incoming Shounen Jump changes, we're also getting a bunch of new simulpubs- Jujutsu Kaisen, Act-Age, Haikyuu!!, and the new Jump Starts are all being added. Very cool.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

jujutsu kaisen is real nice since the scans are so slow for it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Holy smokes, this is a big jump for Shonen Jump.