Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

A Good Workout

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Alaois posted:

you are not these people's friend

i've emailed him before and he emails me every once in a while

cue "sending personal email, also creepy" comments from people who should Go Outside

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Sitting on the park bench
Scraping Facebook pages with bad intent

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

:munch:

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

ah, yes, Outside, that bastion of emailing strangers

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I don't understand why you are all holding your nose - man covered in poop

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

"I don't knwo what you guys are all worked up about, I only took pictures from OUTSIDE his house! Goons are probably just mad because I was OUTSIDE lmao *high fives self* Anyway its perfectly legal to be outside a house, millions of people do it every day!"

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

if googling someone to find their home address and taking pictures through their windows was illegal, then google and windows would be illegal

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
uli is cool despite the haters

sorry that the idea of not yelling at people on the internet is confusing

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

This is gettin' weird.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Krankenstyle posted:

if googling someone to find their home address and taking pictures through their windows was illegal, then google and windows would be illegal

Streetview is seriously creepy and just another reminder of our lovely cyberpunk panopticon

fauna
Dec 6, 2018

Caught between two worlds...

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

I've been working out! It's just difficult to quantify the boot camp because I lose track of the reps. I got back from the gym not too long ago, but my modem's fried and I'm not too fond of phone posting. But, if I must...

Tuesday and Thursday was boot camp. Technically, I'm done all the classes I've paid for, but the trainer's invited me back for the make up sessions that the other people missed. I'll be taking advantage of that, of course.

Weigh-in (04/12/13): 204 lbs

10min elliptical

Squat
5x80
5x90
5x100
5x110
5x120

DB Bench Press
5x40
5x45
5x50
5x55
5x60

Chinups
22x110
12x110

30min elliptical

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Tunicate posted:

Streetview is seriously creepy and just another reminder of our lovely cyberpunk panopticon

welcome to germany

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Tunicate posted:

Street view is cool and good when I use it to figure out what to look for when I drive to a new business. Street view is creepy and bad when it captures residences. Not to be all South Park, but the truth is in the middle (Google should pay attention to zoning).

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

luxury handset posted:

uli is cool despite the haters

sorry that the idea of not yelling at people on the internet is confusing

you are such a goddamned weirdo and your deflection skills are top-notch

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

goatsestretchgoals posted:

Street view is cool and good when I use it to figure out what to look for when I drive to a new business. Street view is creepy and bad when it captures residences. Not to be all South Park, but the truth is in the middle (Google should pay attention to zoning).

ya honestly, street level itself could be all blurred imo. street view itself is for standing on a corner and wondering if you wanna go left or right or whatever. its not for nerds zooming in on windows.

also the angles dont work for zooming into apartments on the upper floors so

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

You can contact Google and they'll blur your address. I forget what you have to do but my dad did it so it can't be that hard.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I'd like to request that we not continue to tease El_Elegante about their request, if that's okay. As I said, the request is slightly over-alert to stimuli, but I think it would be nice not to needle them about it.
I PMed them in response, then threw in a TW/CW and spoiler tagged the reveal because it only takes slightly more than zero effort to have some compassion for victims of abuse.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

I shouldn’t have to tell a giant online company (that already knows what is zoned where, better than local authorities) “hi there can you please blur out my house”. Current talk is about Facebook, and deservedly so, but let’s not forget how creepy Google is.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Snow Cone Capone posted:

You can contact Google and they'll blur your address. I forget what you have to do but my dad did it so it can't be that hard.

not the point

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

I'm just saying it is an option that exists

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

GWBBQ posted:

I PMed them in response, then threw in a TW/CW and spoiler tagged the reveal because it only takes slightly more than zero effort to have some compassion for victims of abuse.

You're a good person. Thank you. :)

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Stalking a dudes Facebook and other sources to that degree of detail is creepy as gently caress, regardless of your intentions. You are not this dudes friend.

Namaste

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Stalking a dudes Facebook and other sources to that degree of detail is creepy as gently caress, regardless of your intentions. You are not this dudes friend.

Namaste

That one goon went on a date with him. That was completely normal.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

can you really call it stalking if fuckerberg serves you everything on a silver platter?

(yea obviously, but still)

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

You still went looking for it, so yes. Just because Zuck made it easy doesn't absolve you of the fact that you made the decision to catalogue this mans life.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

wait what are we talking about

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Continuing goon obsession with Doobie, I thought
E: also applies to Uli though!

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Miss posted:

luxury handset mentioned uli who has been more or less stalked for years and if you read SA you probably know a lot about just via osmosis so it seems normal but perhaps not?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Miss posted:

Are you old enough to remember big fat phonebooks and you had to leaf through them to find the surname of the the new kid from your class? And if you didnt care, you could just mash your hand on the dial (even the rotary one) and make the phone ring? Then just shout whatever and hang up with no repercussions?

Facebook is worse for the receiver than that was.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

syscall girl posted:

luxury handset mentioned uli who has been more or less stalked for years and if you read SA you probably know a lot about just via osmosis so it seems normal but perhaps not?

there's a discussion regarding stalking vs. fandom which, as interesting as it may be i dont think is fruitful on this forum rn when folks are trying to suss out pecking order

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Miss posted:

A nice workout plan.

30 minutes elliptical

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

Just one question, though. Is there a way to take off my pants?
DB= Dead Babies

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

dead babies are dead, u complain everywhere u go

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

luxury handset posted:

there's a discussion regarding stalking vs. fandom which, as interesting as it may be i dont think is fruitful on this forum rn when folks are trying to suss out pecking order

Actually the difference is pretty obvious and you only think there's a discussion to be had because you have a really warped concept of boundaries and privacy, hth

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
weightlifting dead babies is always funny

unlike being a dumb and stupid internet voyeur

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

slaw

(subscribe to my Patreon to see the end of this post now, or wait 30 days to have it unlocked for free)

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

luxury handset posted:

Attention👀👂✋all👌 JoJo fans😎: Giorno Giovanna👑needs😳 your👥 help🆘 to become🆒 a true💯 Gang-Star!😉🔥 Wont❓ you👥 join🙌 his gang😎? But✋ before👐 you👥 can🔜 join😎, you👤 need😮 to get💲yourself👊 some📶 stand😱 power💪, now⏰don't🙅 be frightened😭😲 getting💵 a stand👻these days⏰ is not🙅 hard😧 all👀you👤 need to🙏 do is provide👋 Giorno😎 your👤credit card💳 number🔢. The three⬆⬆⬆ digits🔢on the back🔙 and🙋 the expiration😦 month⏳ and year⌛, but✋ be quick😥 or Diavolo👹😈 might😢 just win👑 this👈 one📛.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

I wish you a week in hell for that emoji abuse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

:whitewater: