Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

jet sanchEz posted:

His lawyer advised him to start forgetting poo poo, lol

You mean Michael Cohen?
:cawg:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

i am harry posted:

You mean Michael Cohen?
:cawg:

Michael who? Already forgotten

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/zei_nabq/status/1071417402796191746

Peacoffee
Feb 11, 2013

Now that’s a cast list

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

:v:
Switchblade Switcharoo
Popehat’s writeup about yesterday: https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2018/12/mueller-briefs-bad-news-trump-manafort-and-cohen/577681/

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009

I'd chip in quite a bit of money to hear him, without help or briefing, give a historical outline of either world war.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

Peacoffee posted:

Now that’s a cast list

It's Bonnaroo for the worst young people in the world

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/DavidKlion/status/1071423561913503745

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Dec 8, 2018

not joseph stalin
Dec 30, 2008

terrorist ambulance posted:

I'd chip in quite a bit of money to hear him, without help or briefing, give a historical outline of either world war.

"There were very fine people on both sides."

I think that's a pretty spot on analysis. I hate to say it, but I just don't think Russian collusion is gonna be seen as "bad enough" to Republicans to make them turn on him en masse, which is necessary. I think of everything that could turn up, it'll take financial crimes... the Stormy thing is a start with felony campaign contributions. If it comes out that he, for example, laundered money for the Russians, that would probably be "enough" to make impeachment politically viable.

not joseph stalin fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Dec 8, 2018

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

canepazzo posted:

That's most likely something Bannon or his ilk made and in no way anything resembling official.
Nothing can be official, it's not an organised movement. All that matters is what the people in it believe. If stuff like this is getting traction then it suggests that a non-trivial proportion are Front National, which shouldn't be surprising since about a third of France voted for Marie over Macron. That doesn't mean it's a fascist movement - basically everyone hates Macron right now, and I'd expect a lot of people involved to be leftists as well. But it means there's going to be a serious battle to see who emerges as the public figureheads, and what emerges as the main goals of the movement, and if that ends up being fascist then France is probably hosed.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

i think this is well said: at a certain point, failure to impeach - even if you know you don't have enough Senators - is going to be considered a moral failing

we're not there yet, but there's a tipping point of evidence where it becomes a political necessity regardless of how Republicans might obstruct it

https://twitter.com/DavidKlion/status/1071424957115195392

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Who's counting at the point, but it's an exaggerated lie of course: https://twitter.com/kairyssdal/status/1071398103662583808?s=09

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Also not all of the US military budget is even spent on Europe.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Lol, of course ol' mushbrains thinks this is THE Mueller report

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Sanguinia posted:

I don't think Europe is quite as dire as it seems from the outside, excepting a few specific Really Bad Situations like Poland. In fact, I read an article today that said a lot of other EU countries are really getting fed up with Poland's right wing poo poo, and the upcoming disciplinary hearings they're going to have over the thing with the courts is likely to get very ugly for them because of all the bad will they've earned for themselves.

Things have gotten so bad Lech Walesa showed up at the Bush funeral wearing a t-shirt protesting the current government. I know this is more a question for the Eastern Europe thread, but I've been hearing stuff, in the wake of Walesa's t-shirt bit, that the ruling party PiS has connections with the old communist government. Is this true?

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Tatsuta Age posted:

Who's counting at the point, but it's an exaggerated lie of course: https://twitter.com/kairyssdal/status/1071398103662583808?s=09

The real answer is 0%, because countries don't "pay into" NATO, it's not a golf club

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/greenhousenyt/status/1071431003875487745

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Young Freud posted:

ruling party PiS

Oh come on.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
https://twitter.com/behindyourback/status/1071437599099809792

:psyduck:

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

not joseph stalin posted:

"There were very fine people on both sides."

I think that's a pretty spot on analysis. I hate to say it, but I just don't think Russian collusion is gonna be seen as "bad enough" to Republicans to make them turn on him en masse, which is necessary. I think of everything that could turn up, it'll take financial crimes... the Stormy thing is a start with felony campaign contributions. If it comes out that he, for example, laundered money for the Russians, that would probably be "enough" to make impeachment politically viable.

Nothing will force Republicans to turn on him short of removing their gravy train. They'll even 180 on policy before they abandon him so long as they stay rich and secure

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.

Honestly, please. West Palm Beach has the most contemptible assholes per capita in Florida. You want whiny rich fucks personified? West Palm Beach.

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

Ague Proof posted:

Why are mods able to probate other mods?
Checks and balances.

moostaffa
Apr 2, 2008

People always ask me about Toad, It's fantastic. Let me tell you about Toad. I do very well with Toad. I love Toad. No one loves Toad more than me, BELIEVE ME. Toad loves me. I have the best Toad.
CHUDS are literally the dumbest people in the world
https://twitter.com/kjalee/status/1071393230808326144
https://twitter.com/kjalee/status/1071438075308531714

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

These pieces of poo poo are always talking about how the mean ol' cities look down on rural voters.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
I think Americans in general don't really understand what Democracy is actually about.

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

terrorist ambulance posted:

It'd be like Drunk History, but with Alzheimer's, stupidity and plain ol' ignorance

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
Mod edit: nope

Somebody fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Dec 8, 2018

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

an AOL chatroom posted:

It'd be like Drunk History, but with Alzheimer's, stupidity and plain ol' ignorance

And all the reenactors would be Trumps

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

HA. Please. :colbert:

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

eke out posted:

i think this is well said: at a certain point, failure to impeach - even if you know you don't have enough Senators - is going to be considered a moral failing

we're not there yet, but there's a tipping point of evidence where it becomes a political necessity regardless of how Republicans might obstruct it

https://twitter.com/DavidKlion/status/1071424957115195392

Yeah. I think at a certain point if the Democrats fail to impeach they are going to take the bigger political backlash. Republicans have more or less come to terms (subconsciously or not) that their leaders are corrupt and anti democracy but this is fine since it keeps them in control. Democrats ceding their one check on a corrupt President because Republicans will never vote to impeach makes them look unprincipled.

It also makes the case Congress has no ability to actually impeach ever again since they are not getting 2/3 of the Senate to be Democrats. At that point the President is agreed to be untouchable and has no check on their authority.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

pumpinglemma posted:

Nothing can be official, it's not an organised movement. All that matters is what the people in it believe. If stuff like this is getting traction then it suggests that a non-trivial proportion are Front National, which shouldn't be surprising since about a third of France voted for Marie over Macron. That doesn't mean it's a fascist movement - basically everyone hates Macron right now, and I'd expect a lot of people involved to be leftists as well. But it means there's going to be a serious battle to see who emerges as the public figureheads, and what emerges as the main goals of the movement, and if that ends up being fascist then France is probably hosed.

The far right has been trying to hijack the gilets jaunes since day 1 basically, and they told them to gently caress off. Also, by default I am really, really suspicious of anything that gets traction on Facebook.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1071434642555920385

carticket
Jun 28, 2005

white and gold.

Delusion? Illusion? Conclusion: collusion.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Only pursuant to judicial process in a court of competent jurisdiction, of course. I apologise for any other implication, which was not intended.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Use your collusion illusion

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Mr. Powers posted:

Delusion? Illusion? Conclusion: collusion.

Such confusion.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

He’s kinda right it wasn’t collusion cause he never planned on becoming president and then whoops

wielder
Feb 16, 2008

"You had best not do that, Avatar!"
I cast Collusion Illusion on your Level 50 Corporate Degenerate.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

wielder posted:

I cast Collusion Illusion on your Level 50 Corporate Degenerate.

Critical hit! TRUMP gains condition: Contusion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Ooohhhhh, he is soooo shook.

Gonna get some good tweets from Mushbrains this weekend, I’m sure of it.