Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Paragus cut Broly's tail to avoid getting Gohan'd by Oozaru Broly

That makes sense

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Paragus cut Broly's tail to avoid getting Gohan'd by Oozaru Broly

That's ... surprisingly forward thinking for a Dragon Ball character

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

I. M. Gei posted:

Dragon Ball Super Smash Bros

Super Mario God Super Mario

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps the same could be

HitTheTargets posted:

Super Mario God Super Mario

That... That, indeed, is the complete... Ultra Instinct

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Half of Dracula posted:

That... That, indeed, is the complete... Ultra Instinct

Mario=Goku
Luigi=Gohan
Wario=Vegeta
Waluigi=Broly
Link=Trunks
Baby Mario=Goten
Baby Luigi=Kid Trunks

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Waluigi is yamcha

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I thought it was actually fitting that Vegeta in that intro was Donkey Kong.

Also, Ultra Instinct is Dr Mario.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
SSJ4 should be Broly's own thing and his own path as legendary Super Saiyan. He should be Golden/Green SS Oozaru Ape. Just for him. Goku has UI, Vegita has SSB2, Trunks has his SSJ2 fury sword thing, Goku+Vegita have Gogeta and Vegito, Trunks+Goten have SSJ3 Gotenks, Gohan has Mystic.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
SS4 is anyone attempting to do it, but Legendary Super Saiyan, the pinnacle of their race's potential and most pure Saiyan only power ever, takes a certain mutation that rarely shows up in people like Broly or Kale. You can get the little extra umph in ability, you will get hairy as poo poo; however, there's only so much of Oozaru you can channel without that certain special something that can make your power potentially infinite and incredibly dangerous like that green aura.

It'd be cool if he tried to train down that path though, yeah. I also want a Broly meets Kale episode where they just try to have a normal little tea party or something while Goku is in the corner whining, "C'mon, fight!"

Crabtree fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Dec 8, 2018

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
That clip goes into what I mean about Tien pretty drat well.

Tien is Basically Competent Low-Mid Tier. Everyone knows/thinks he can take Piccolo on fairly even terms, but he isn't as scrappy as Krillin, as skilled as Roshi, or have the awesome factor that Piccolo has.

Basically, he's over shadowed by everyone by not having a good role of his own.

Also Goku is a lovely teammate Jesus Christ.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Its his own drat fault for not growing arms and split forming while doing kikoho's that dont kill himself

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i'm sure if he just brought back the volleyball attack things would be different

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Super Three Eyed People God Super Three Eyed People, which has 14 arms and 7 Tri Beam Cannons, which instantly kill Tien

Improbable Lobster fucked around with this message at 11:28 on Dec 8, 2018

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

I seriously hope we get SSJ4 God SSJ4

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

Billzasilver posted:

I seriously hope we get SSJ4 God SSJ4

Or SSJ4 Cyan for short.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Broly gets a little bit of God Ki from the film and he goes teal.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

tien shouldn't even be close to as strong as piccolo tbh. he's krillin level

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
Tien needs to stop dawdling and open his fourth eye already. He's had three since he was a teen. It's not impressive anymore.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Manatee Cannon posted:

tien shouldn't even be close to as strong as piccolo tbh. he's krillin level

Yeah there is no way Tien is stronger than a Super Saiyan. Dude is essentially a taller Krillin with less potential

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
They should bring back Turles and SS4 can be what happens when a Saiyan goes Super Saiyan after eating the fruit from the Tree of Might. :v:

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

This, kills the Tien.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I have weirdly grown to like Turles more in the past few years and I can't explain why. Prob his English VA or something but every time he's shown i remember how much rear end he kicks in that movie and it's kinda cool.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Wheat Loaf posted:

They should bring back Turles and SS4 can be what happens when a Saiyan goes Super Saiyan after eating the fruit from the Tree of Might. :v:

I unironically support this.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I remember tree of might because it's the one where piccolo jobs to protect gohan like 5 times in the same movie

usually he only needed the one! christ gohan, get it together

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

Momomo posted:

Yeah there is no way Tien is stronger than a Super Saiyan. Dude is essentially a taller Krillin with less potential

You'd think he'd at least be stronger since Krillin is a dad who doesn't exercise and Tien is still a dedicated martial artist. But they're still pretty much neck and neck as far as I can tell.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

HitTheTargets posted:

You'd think he'd at least be stronger since Krillin is a dad who doesn't exercise and Tien is still a dedicated martial artist. But they're still pretty much neck and neck as far as I can tell.

Nah, the show treats Tien as comparable to Piccolo

He's a solid pick that no one worries over. Krillin everyone was worried he'd be too weak, Tien was just "Yeah him too." Goku also 100% thought Tien could hold his own against Piccolo in the team fight-he was just a lovely teammate and couldn't stop Gohan from kicking his poo poo in.

The show presents Tien as Fairly Strong at this point. He just isn't given anything to do and is completely overshadowed by everyone else.

It doesn't matter that Krillin is weaker, Krillin is the more interesting fighter. So Krillin, despite being weaker, is more fun to watch

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Burkion posted:

Nah, the show treats Tien as comparable to Piccolo

He's a solid pick that no one worries over. Krillin everyone was worried he'd be too weak, Tien was just "Yeah him too." Goku also 100% thought Tien could hold his own against Piccolo in the team fight-he was just a lovely teammate and couldn't stop Gohan from kicking his poo poo in.

The only one who was against Krillin joining the team was Gohan, who has no real idea of how tournament fights are different from life and death ones and gets owned by said Krillin thanks to that. Tenshinhan has no one speak against him because no one remembers him until Goku accidentally meets him again.

Goku's clearly wrong during the team fight as well, he badly underestimated how strong Gohan got and likely didn't know Piccolo had been training too.

Piccolo's a solid mid-tier in team U7, Tenshinhan is at the bottom, beating Roshi in power but lacking Roshi's experience and weird skills.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the pre top fights meant literally nothing and made no sense based on any other point in the series before or after. like piccolo was kicking gohan's rear end for most of their training, but he's gonna have trouble against fuckin tien? lol ok show

they weren't about power levels or w/e. it was just an attempt to convince the audience that no, actually master roshi wouldn't be totally worthless at this point in the series

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

ToP is entirely fan service which would be cool if any of the writers had been fans of Tien.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Essentially yeah. There being no question for Tien entering felt less like "Tien's strong" and more "No one wants to see Tien try out" which really puts into question why they bothered with him to begin with. The only other to not have to show off was 18, and we at least already saw that she's strong when they first debuted her.

I honestly feel like, if they had actually put Yamcha in, he would have accomplished more than Tien simply because the plot likes him more.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the writers really liked 17, goku, vegeta, and freeza. the rest were there to fill slots

maybe they should have done 5 fighters per universe instead?

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Wheat Loaf posted:

Super already established that you get SSJ4 by contracting alien parasites. :v:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
That wouldn't have allowed them fill nearly as many episodes with meandering crap though so no

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
It's bizarre to think of a character as being "weak as poo poo" when they're demonstrably stronger than 99.9999% of their universe's population.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Why was 17 so much stronger than 18? Weren't they twins

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Zzulu posted:

Obviously because he's a man.

Non joke option - he actually said he trained didn't he? She kinda just hangs out with her daughter and gets into pretend fights with Mr Satan for prize money.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

I don't think 17 was really stronger than 18, he lasted longer simply because he's not an idiot like the rest of the cast. He ended up fighting way, way, way above his weight class because he did things like "Hide" and "Attack from behind", while 18 was mostly upfront like everyone else. Also he used his shield which 18 presumably has but didn't care to use.

Strength wise I assume he's around Piccolo's level.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

17 had the benefit of infinite energy and a group of writers that adore him

he was always a little stronger than 18 tho. or at least he thought he was

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

17 was always meant to be stronger than Cell, didn't you watch GT? :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Zzulu posted:

Because he's been training for over a decade while 18 hasn't.