Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

dscruffy1 posted:

Did anyone actually think Kelly was going to be a decent person in this job?
Some thought he might be ok. I thought his nutty border hawk poo poo might go to far. Didn't really dream that he'd become quite the disgrace he's proven himself to be over the last couple of years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

IIRC, the reaction to Kelly being made chief of staff is that he was going to stop the administration from making GBS threads itself every other day and stabilize things.

I mean, he hasn't done that great of a job, but remember how much of a shitshow things were before he came on board? Buckle up!

Casimir Radon posted:

Didn't really dream that he'd become quite the disgrace he's proven himself to be over the last couple of years.

Oh without a doubt. Remember that whole thing with Trump using his dead son to make a cheap political point, and rather than being revolted by it, Kelly went hog wild with it as well?

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Casimir Radon posted:

Some thought he might be ok. I thought his nutty border hawk poo poo might go to far. Didn't really dream that he'd become quite the disgrace he's proven himself to be over the last couple of years.

So he fundamentally agrees with Trump, but with more discipline?

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
He essentially came up with child separation policy. And then convinced a bunch of morons or racists that there was literally no other option than to separate kids from parents, lose track of who the kids belonged to, then throw up their hands and blame the immigrants.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

mlmp08 posted:

He essentially came up with child separation policy. And then convinced a bunch of morons or racists that there was literally no other option than to separate kids from parents, lose track of who the kids belonged to, then throw up their hands and blame the immigrants.

*asylum seekers

Which as I’ve pointed out to way too many people this year isn’t a crime. (Not directed at anyone ITT)

iKon
Oct 4, 2000

CAN'T TEST
WON'T TEST
The Atlantic: Manafort, Cohen, and Individual 1 Are in Grave Danger

Good rundown on yesterday's court filings from a law journalist and former federal prosecutor.

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

iKon posted:

The Atlantic: Manafort, Cohen, and Individual 1 Are in Grave Danger

Good rundown on yesterday's court filings from a law journalist and former federal prosecutor.

You mean Popehat? Yeah been looking forward to this

iKon
Oct 4, 2000

CAN'T TEST
WON'T TEST
Yeah, Ken White aka Popehat for those of us that are Too Online.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Trump must be really feeling the squeeze these days; his tweets about Tillerson and now Blumenthal have an increasingly mean tinge to them.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1071479075699490816

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1071479079558213632

Also just :lol: at Cadet Bone Spurs talking poo poo about anyone else's service.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
lol that probably a majority of veterans and currently serving military dudes love bigly strong daddy

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
How the gently caress does that draft dodging poo poo sack get away with saying "The next time I go to Vietnam" without anyone bludgeoning in his skull with his god drat phone?

BaconAndBullets
Feb 25, 2011

mods changed my name posted:

lol that probably a majority of veterans and currently serving military dudes love bigly strong daddy

The biggest shocker I've dealt with is counterintelligence people who support Donnie doing cheetah flips trying to explain how colluding with Russian actors isn't all that bad. Our job is to literally detect, identify, exploit, and neutralize foreign collection, sabotage, and influence operations against the US government. Also these people thinking that it was so offensive that a FISA warrant was put on multiple people in Donnie's sphere, despite those requiring a lot of levels of approval and an unbelievably high level of proof the individual is an agent of a foreign power.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Trump must be really feeling the squeeze these days; his tweets about Tillerson and now Blumenthal have an increasingly mean tinge to them.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1071479075699490816

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1071479079558213632

Also just :lol: at Cadet Bone Spurs talking poo poo about anyone else's service.

it is pretty funny but dick blumenthal actually did lie about deploying to vietnam when he was in the reserves in DC and CT.

Doesn't make Cadet Bone Spurs any less of a piece of poo poo but like a broken clock he's actually right on that one

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
and its even funnier because the only good thing Donnie ever did was get out of going to Vietnam

Crakkerjakk
Mar 14, 2016

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

So he fundamentally agrees with Trump, but with more discipline?

Pretty much, yeah.

Crakkerjakk
Mar 14, 2016

Handsome Ralph posted:

IIRC, the reaction to Kelly being made chief of staff is that he was going to stop the administration from making GBS threads itself every other day and stabilize things.

I mean, he hasn't done that great of a job, but remember how much of a shitshow things were before he came on board? Buckle up!

Yeah, he HAS been keeping something of a lid on things compared to the early days. poo poo is going to get wild(er).

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

lol I love when departments post proud “bust” pics like this

what did they raid some high school kids while they were hanging out playing red dead 2. The FB comments are hilarious

Dwanyelle
Jan 13, 2008

ISRAEL DOESN'T HAVE CIVILIANS THEY'RE ALL VALID TARGETS
I'm a huge dickbag ignore me

BaconAndBullets posted:

The biggest shocker I've dealt with is counterintelligence people who support Donnie doing cheetah flips trying to explain how colluding with Russian actors isn't all that bad. Our job is to literally detect, identify, exploit, and neutralize foreign collection, sabotage, and influence operations against the US government. Also these people thinking that it was so offensive that a FISA warrant was put on multiple people in Donnie's sphere, despite those requiring a lot of levels of approval and an unbelievably high level of proof the individual is an agent of a foreign power.

Yo, same, I'm a former 97b. I literally get a rage tick in my forehead thinking about this crap.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

what did they raid some high school kids while they were hanging out playing red dead 2. The FB comments are hilarious

Minus the guns that could have been almost any single one of my/my friends apartments in college.

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah
No honest man needs two boxes of sandwich baggies

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
Looks like the criminals had cell phones! Diabolical.

Cyks
Mar 17, 2008

The trenches of IT can scar a muppet for life

orange juche posted:

it is pretty funny but dick blumenthal actually did lie about deploying to vietnam when he was in the reserves in DC and CT.

Doesn't make Cadet Bone Spurs any less of a piece of poo poo but like a broken clock he's actually right on that one

But he isn't right. The horrible lie that Blumenthal told:

“We have learned something important since the days that I served in Vietnam,” Blumenthal said to the group in March of 2008. “And you exemplify it. Whatever we think about the war, whatever we call it — Afghanistan or Iraq — we owe our military men and women unconditional support.”

Yes, he was incorrect; he should have said during Vietnam, not in. That doesn't make Trump right.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I mean they have loving singles laid out

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

God these people are loving worthless

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

found ~~legally owned~~ guns

Lol is that an empty Folgers bucket

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Thank God they got that water bottle off the streets.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

The prescription drugs aren't good either. That's why there's so many people hooked on opioids.

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

Fifteen ones, a five, and what looks like a ten and two twenties?

Seventy dollars. Clearly a criminal money laundering operation. I'm surprised they didn't seize the quarter and two pennies stuck between the couch cushions.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Casimir Radon posted:

The prescription drugs aren't good either. That's why there's so many people hooked on opioids.

Doesn’t say what. Hell, probably adderall, or some opioids from grandmas medicine cabinet. Since they didn’t mention I’m guessing it wasn’t anything spicy. People snort that poo poo too which would explain the phone with powder

How much of our tax dollars do you think went to this *~operation~*

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

This is the middle aged white guy version of that picture of the kid holding up a handful of ones and throwing up the W

Ok I wildly misremembered that, it's 17 dollars, not a kid, and I don't know what the hand sign is

sharknado slashfic fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Dec 8, 2018

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
I'm the one dollar bills.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
that's some tier 1 operating right there. I do have to ding one of them for having his hands crossed incorrectly and having some type of stupid photo ID on his vest. 0530 fashion show on sunday for failing inspection.

Kawasaki Nun fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Dec 8, 2018

Stellar Curiosity
Jan 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/TrumpsTies/status/962441264103817221?s=19

This account is worth following if you aren't already.

Cyks
Mar 17, 2008

The trenches of IT can scar a muppet for life
Since they are calling garbage bags from Dollar General "packaging material" and <$100 "cash", I'm guessing that empty pill bottle with no label is what they are deeming "prescription drugs".

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
The absolute WEIRDEST THING is when the President of the United States's literal words are written down, then people are asked to respond to said words, verbatim.

https://twitter.com/ChrisMegerian/status/1071526148524466180

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

orange juche posted:

yeah he hosed up

hes also a good dude who I voted for since he was state ag

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Cyks posted:

But he isn't right. The horrible lie that Blumenthal told:

“We have learned something important since the days that I served in Vietnam,” Blumenthal said to the group in March of 2008. “And you exemplify it. Whatever we think about the war, whatever we call it — Afghanistan or Iraq — we owe our military men and women unconditional support.”

Yes, he was incorrect; he should have said during Vietnam, not in. That doesn't make Trump right.

No I know that anything that Blumenthal said absolutely pales in comparison to the whoppers coming out of the oval office.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Anyone wanna guess which rancid bucket of poo poo and taint hair is going to be Der Hair Furor's new Chief of Staff?

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Anyone wanna guess which rancid bucket of poo poo and taint hair is going to be Der Hair Furor's new Chief of Staff?

Nick Ayers most likely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonkeyWash
Jan 14, 2005
Donkey Rinse

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Hannity