Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Mau-Mau long term sleeper agent operation a success.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Lol at all the people who think Corbyn is lying about his Brexit plans. I hope you are right, but he has consistently said he will do Brexit.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

this is genuinely the way im consoling myself

narratively, suicide by ignorance, racism and self-importance is a perfect end to the UK

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
lying Crooked UK

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

marktheando posted:

Lol at all the people who think Corbyn is lying about his Brexit plans. I hope you are right, but he has consistently said he will do Brexit.

oh yeah that's not in doubt

but if labour took power jan first he has 3 months to create a complete deal, as well as a future relationship agreement that beats mays, or there's no brexit

the options for that are either copy norway or dont leave, there's no lying, just nobody will admit the conditions are clearly impossible and the guy who wrote and published them loving hates the idea of leaving the eu. You might as well demand a unicorn for every shitposter in the uk or we won't leave

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/1071562775799963649?s=19

lol the chaos reigns

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

EU quoted saying “we have altered the deal, pray we do not alter it further”

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

HA! You call this an offer? I've got an offer for you. Why don't you sit here for a couple of minutes; I am just going to walk over there and do a couple of somersaults while making GBS threads myself, and once I'm done, then we can really talk.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

didn't the eu explicitly say that this would be the best deal they'd get

lmao there's gonna be a no deal brexit :laffo:

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Hentai Jihadist posted:

this is genuinely the way im consoling myself

narratively, suicide by ignorance, racism and self-importance is a perfect end to the UK

Yeah I tried this and then realised that it didn't outweigh the fact I have to live here. Place can sink if I ever escape but not before.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!
if you guys started making awesome rock/pop music again like u did around 1980 or so, i'd buy lots of it, help u out a bit in the coming epoch maybe

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

didn't the eu explicitly say that this would be the best deal they'd get

yeah it owns lol

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

marktheando posted:

You're the one who thinks he's lying. Everyone else is saying "well he wants to brexit but also the only brexit he says is acceptable is impossible, the next actually possible thing down his list is not brexiting."

Ayn Randi
Mar 12, 2009

Grimey Drawer

reignonyourparade posted:

You're the one who thinks he's lying. Everyone else is saying "well he wants to brexit but also the only brexit he says is acceptable is impossible, the next actually possible thing down his list is not brexiting."

i think the disconnect is he isn't actually coming out and saying the only acceptable brexit is impossible. maybe i missed it since it's international news for me but i've seen a pretty solid line of "we want a general election because labor can negotiate a better deal" without saying how the strength of their negotiating position is any different from the tories and how europe's best and final offer will somehow improve when corbyn is in may's unenviable position. unless the secret plan is just "we'll retain membership in the common market by continuing freedom of movement, blow me racists"?

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

reignonyourparade posted:

Didnt Corbyn fire one of his shadow ministers for even suggesting cancelling the brexit?

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Ayn Randi posted:

i think the disconnect is he isn't actually coming out and saying the only acceptable brexit is impossible. maybe i missed it since it's international news for me but i've seen a pretty solid line of "we want a general election because labor can negotiate a better deal" without saying how the strength of their negotiating position is any different from the tories and how europe's best and final offer will somehow improve when corbyn is in may's unenviable position. unless the secret plan is just "we'll retain membership in the common market by continuing freedom of movement, blow me racists"?

No, corbyn hasn't said "the only acceptable brexit is impossible." But he has said "the only acceptable brexit is one that provides everything leave promised" and everything leave promised is impossible.

Ayn Randi
Mar 12, 2009

Grimey Drawer
right. so why does he not just say an acceptable brexit is impossible instead of saying labour will negotiate a better bexit

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

brexit means BREXIT

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Ayn Randi posted:

right. so why does he not just say an acceptable brexit is impossible instead of saying labour will negotiate a better bexit

TALKIN DOWN BRITANE IF IT WEREN'T FOR LABOUR DOUBTERS WE WOULD HAVE BREXITED JUST FINE

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
like priority 2 for labour is "don't get blamed the consequences of brexit" and that involves making sure the tories can't believably say "oh we WOULD have gotten all the stuff you promised if labour had just BELIEVED"

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Ayn Randi posted:

we're not there yet. i suspect labour will shift to being more proactive once the vote fails

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Ayn Randi posted:

because 25% of labour voters voted leave and the gamble is that they are more likely to stop voting labour if labour went remain than remain voters leaving labour over a Brexit position

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
I don’t understand why we didn’t sort out what kind of deal we’d get before they then had the vote to decide to stay/leave. :iiam:

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
or at least before triggering article 50 lol

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Or have the loving general election before triggering article 50

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

more like BOLLOCKnese
The EU refused to conduct any negotiation prior to A50 being invoked

Also don't forget that Brexit is the only thing holding the Tory voting bloc together, once it becomes apparent they can't deliver on the Brexit promises a huge chunk defects to UKIP (which we're already starting to see)

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

monkeytennis posted:

I don’t understand why we didn’t sort out what kind of deal we’d get before they then had the vote to decide to stay/leave. :iiam:

Because Cameron saw the vote as a way of making the eurosceptics go back in their box and didn't take it seriously

Ironically this is what let them win because brexit has only had popular support as long as you're very careful to not specify what brexit is

May is now running into the inevitable result of this, when you can't rhetorically shift whether you'll be like Norway or Canada or Singapore or Somalia depending on the point you're arguing and have to pick one option including the drawbacks everyone hates it

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/ta_mills/status/1071696930055557120?s=19

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

more like BOLLOCKnese

Party Boat posted:

Because Cameron saw the vote as a way of making the eurosceptics go back in their box and didn't take it seriously

This is the hilarious thing about people who love Anna Soubry - she was enthusiastically in favour of the referendum to crush the Eurosceptics once and for all, right until the second Remain lost at which point the referendum was the worst idea in history

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

oh no when is Chris Hayes going to condemn this British influence over our elections

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/christopherhope/status/1071720953934159872

https://twitter.com/SebastianEPayne/status/1070665504925339648

I would blow Dane Cook has issued a correction as of 12:32 on Dec 9, 2018

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

i thought they were talking about the BBC

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://twitter.com/jeremycorbyn/status/1071775164000595968

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tjp5OmoDYQM

Andy Serkis

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost

lmoa